Hurricanes

Rosewood

Anybody ever been through a hurricane?

There's one heading right for me at the moment in the Cayman Islands so it looks like I'll be experiencing it soon as it's going to hit on Friday. My company will evacuate the whole office if it is Category 3 or above and is going to hit but won't know until tomorrow. If it's a category 3 I'm off to Disney World for the weekend!

Wish me luck.

hurricanegustav.gif

My friend just moved to Florida in the middle of Hurricane Fay, been quite worried for her as I hear there have been injuries/deaths :(

Nucky Thompson
Mine either but I've just heard I might be getting evacuated. :o
If it's to hit by Friday there is still plenty of time for it to change course.

If it's to hit by Friday there is still plenty of time for it to change course.

Definitely but I don't think the company want to take chances. I'll know for definite tomorrow morning and we'll be off on Thursday probably.

Definitely but I don't think the company want to take chances. I'll know for definite tomorrow morning and we'll be off on Thursday probably.

What do you do in the Caymen Islands? one of my favourite places on earth!

If it's a category 3 I'm off to Disney World for the weekend!

Wish me luck.

QUOTE]

You won't need any luck some of the rides are scary but I'm sure they're all pretty safe.:rolleyes:

Robbos Right Peg

Have been in Florida a few times when hurricanes have blown through. A rough November day down at Porty beach is worse to be honest. Problem they have is that houses and palm trees dont do high winds. Then power lines come down etc etc. not the best when you are trying to keep the beers cold.

Still made the pub on a Sunday morning during a hurricane once when Hearts v The Huns was on TV. Sandbags at the door mind plus Hearts got beat 1-0 so not a great day all round.

Basically nothing to get your self too Leeds United about

All the best m8. Out of interest your old man isn't a taxi driver in Edinburgh is he?

Yeah he is. You either know me or are scarily good at this game :eek:

You won't need any luck some of the rides are scary but I'm sure they're all pretty safe.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the concern but I think I'll stick to the teacups just to be on the safe side. :P

Captain Sausage

Alrite mate,

When I lived in Houston I was around for Katrina aftermath but no effects except rain here from that. Hurricane Rita was expected to hit Houston so MASS evacuation. I-45 and I-10 opened both ways inland (to Dallas and San An). We stayed around. Board up any windows and doors and tape the windows like [X] which stops little shards. Go with whoever else is in the house to a windowless room upstairs if possible. Chances are hurricane won't destroy your house but flooding is a possibility. Stock up on basics like water, canned foods, and take some stuff to keep yourself entertained.

But, Rita missed us by a hundred miles or so, hitting Beaumont, TX instead.

Go for a dip in the sea when the hurricane is 20 miles or so off shore - tremendous fun, like a giant whirlpool. Best experienced while drunk.

Go for a dip in the sea when the hurricane is 20 miles or so off shore - tremendous fun, like a giant whirlpool. Best experienced while drunk.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to have the opportunity to try it now as my company aren't evacuating us. Got my water, tuna and torches at the ready!

Yeah he is. You either know me or are scarily good at this game :eek:

Haha no m8. I got a taxi to the first game of the season v Murderwell, started talkin to the driver about how my family are in Belize and he said his son was over just now from the Caymen Islands where he works (Bizarre conversation I know, but what other type are there in Taxis) and was going to the game day. Had a good chat with your old man, hes a good guy. Anyway I saw your post and put 2+2 together and thought I'd ask.

Coincidences huh. lol.

Haha no m8. I got a taxi to the first game of the season v Murderwell, started talkin to the driver about how my family are in Belize and he said his son was over just now from the Caymen Islands where he works (Bizarre conversation I know, but what other type are there in Taxis) and was going to the game day. Had a good chat with your old man, hes a good guy. Anyway I saw your post and put 2+2 together and thought I'd ask.

Coincidences huh. lol.

Small world. That game was the first time I'd seen Hearts win in person for about a year and a half. It's fair to say I enjoyed it.

ps Hope you tipped well as that's going towards my Christmas present.

What do you do over there mate? I remember bugging the crap out of a guy there over the phone for a job about 10 years ago when they were looking for a QS for some construction consultancy.

What do you do over there mate? I remember bugging the crap out of a guy there over the phone for a job about 10 years ago when they were looking for a QS for some construction consultancy.

I'm an accountant mate :o

Hope the Hurricanes not a bad one and your back soon for another win from the famous JTs.

Thanks, looks like it's going to be a direct hit but only a category 1 so hopefully not too bad. We'll see though :sad:

Thanks, looks like it's going to be a direct hit but only a category 1 so hopefully not too bad. We'll see though :sad:

I seen footage of the Cayman Islands last night, hope everything is alright.

Stay safe mate. I truly hope for some divine intervention that will maybe divert this force of nature before it hits land around New Orleans next week. They've suffered so much.

To anyone else in its path, we're really thinking of you out here in CA.

Robbos Right Peg

Rosewood are you a girl ? Category 1 yer havin a laugh. Get yer Burberry on and have a couple of cold ones in the nearest pub

Robbos Right Peg
Stay safe mate. I truly hope for some divine intervention that will maybe divert this force of nature before it hits land around New Orleans next week. They've suffered so much.

To anyone else in its path, we're really thinking of you out here in CA.

FFS give me a break.

Maybe it will help to give the the residents of 'Orleans another chances to loot and rob the likes of my mates home and businesses.

God loves those that help themselves right enough.

FFS give me a break.

Maybe it will help to give the the residents of 'Orleans another chances to loot and rob the likes of my mates home and businesses.

God loves those that help themselves right enough.

Same thing happened to a good friend of mines family as well so don't come over all holier than thou with me. There's good and bad mate.

Robbos Right Peg
Same thing happened to a good friend of mines family as well so don't come over all holier than thou with me. There's good and bad mate.

Not trying to do that but all the media coverage back in the UK was all about how FEMA feked up. Nothing about how the good citizens helped themselves and the National Guard had to restore order.

How many rapes and murders happened in the stadium when people were evacuated ? Community spirit I think not.

Not trying to do that but all the media coverage back in the UK was all about how FEMA feked up. Nothing about how the good citizens helped themselves and the National Guard had to restore order.

How many rapes and murders happened in the stadium when people were evacuated ? Community spirit I think not.

It was a slum and a disgrace. The response was beyond inadequate. You put a mass in those conditions and unfortunately the **** will always rise to the top. You shouldn't tar the majority, though.

Rosewood are you a girl ? Category 1 yer havin a laugh. Get yer Burberry on and have a couple of cold ones in the nearest pub

Ended up being a cat 2 when it went past but didn't really cause much damage. I don't have any Burberry unfortunately because I have taste. :P

Archived