Fifth Gear

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

We've had the discussion about Top Gear but I've jsst watched an episode of Fifth Gear on Channel 5.

It's truly awful. When they're trying very badly to imitate Clarkson & Co (whom I find irritating, anyway), they're trying very hard not to be Top Gear.

The presenters have no charisma; they studio dialogue is painfully stage managed and the features are just dull. The inane grinning bird on the show had an 8 minute piece about following Lewis Hamilton round for a day which revealed absolutely nothing. And the fat, beardy one with flabby tits made a point of stressing that "we" are all English. (Is Channel Five no longer shown in Scotland?)

Truly, truly awful.

(p.s. I know it calls itself "Five" now - I'm showing my disdain by using the old name.)

heartsfc_fan

TOP GEAR ALL THE WAY :) :)

It does get a bit annoying sometimes, but have to say all-in-all good banter ;)

Stewart MacD

Most will agree that Clarkson'e an erse. The only "Top Gear" I like was John Peel's program.

blondejamtart
There's something about Vicki Butler Henderson though.

http://www.vb-h.net/

Weirdly, she's married to a Top Gear director fact fans.

Yes, there's definitely "something" about her - but I'm too much of a lady to say exactly what! :rofl:

And I could do a better job than she does....sheesh!

heartsfc_fan
There's something about Vicki Butler Henderson though

Do you know? I agree with you ;)

Most will agree that Clarkson'e an erse. The only "Top Gear" I like was John Peel's program.

I must be one of the minority who actually likes him. He can be very opinionated and pompous but he fights a good fight for motoring. Plus he is one thrid of one of the best shows on TV

I must be one of the minority who actually likes him. He can be very opinionated and pompous but he fights a good fight for motoring. Plus he is one thrid of one of the best shows on TV

Let's be honest, Clarkson IS Top Gear. It's his show. And he's a hero. A pompous, obnoxious, arrogant hero.

Ibrahim Tall
There's something about Vicki Butler Henderson though.

http://www.vb-h.net/

Weirdly, she's married to a Top Gear director fact fans.

She was in the old Top Gear i'm sure, back when that Quentin **** was in it aswell.

Top Gear would be pish without Clarkson.

I remember the episode where they blamed Fifth Gear for burning down their props barn.

Plus, Fifth Gear lacks something special.

Some say he was stolen from a Harrods window display.......

the fat beardy one is a prize plum, the only presenter i used to like on it was VBH, there is Def something about her...like the way she squeels with excitement from time to time.

never watch it at all now though, Top Gear is a far superior programme......and watched on a BBC channel means it has NO ad breaks, which itself will attract me these days, can`t be arsed watchin tv for an hour only to see 45 mins of programming.

Carl Spackler

Like Clarkson but Top Gear is not what it was. There's not much difference between a new programme and a repeat now. Henderson I find irritating but not as much as I used to.

The only defense for Fifth Gear is it's probably on about a tenth of the budget of Top Gear. This definitely shows. I think the fact the BBC produce Top Gear probably opens doors for their specials too.

As for women you could say that Fifth Gear wins that because they have a female presenter but the Top Gear producers must always make sure the best lookers are in the front row of the crowd.

So

Presenters TG

Production TG

Burds TG

Fifth Gear is s%^t.

If Fifth Gear EVER produce something half as funny as Top Gear Does Ground Force, I'll eat my hat.

deesidejambo

Clarkson is a smarmy Tory git. I hope he gets run over. I hate smarmy people, like that Jeffrey Archer git. I hate smarmy Tories.

I can never see fifth gear doing something as brilliant as the US special that the top gear boys did, absolutely brilliant! MAN LOVE RULES OK painted on the side of a pickup :4_1_72:

Archived