Sky Dish Help - Anyone work for Sky?

RoyCropper

Thing is im trying to install Sky plus myself as i fancied an upgrade from normal sky. I have a fair idea of what i am doing although require some help. I have ran the extra cable required and am ready to connect but i need to replace my LNB too as it only had a single port but the old LNB was totally stuck in the LNB arm so i ended up cutting it and placing new one in slot all connected, yes its not ideal but i can sort it at a later date however i cannot get my sky to work now, would this make any difference? I have tried moving the LNB around to get a picture.

My signal strength is ok but signal quality is nothing.

What does this mean?

Much appreicated

If it helps, Ive got a Sky dish on my back wall I dont need anymore.

Got Virgin media now.

We did have Sky Plus so I presume its got the extra LNB ports that you need. All it will need is re-cabling because I cut the cables and used them for something else

If you want it, and you can come and take it down from the wall, you can have it.

Thing is im trying to install Sky plus myself as i fancied an upgrade from normal sky. I have a fair idea of what i am doing although require some help. I have ran the extra cable required and am ready to connect but i need to replace my LNB too as it only had a single port but the old LNB was totally stuck in the LNB arm so i ended up cutting it and placing new one in slot all connected, yes its not ideal but i can sort it at a later date however i cannot get my sky to work now, would this make any difference? I have tried moving the LNB around to get a picture.

What does this mean?

Much appreicated

It may well be poor quality cable/connectors or connections. However I think it is fair to say your dish will now be misaligned and you would be have to be VERY lucky to realign without the proper tools.

tried to pmyou but for siome reason cant get it to work. if u go into services then system setup then signal test what are your network id and transport stream?

My Network id and transport stream are at 0000 and my lock indicator is locked whatever that means. Signal strength is ok but nothing on quality.

Not sure i should say this but we got sky plus last year took the full package cancelled sports and movies after 3 months (in march cancelled sports and movie still got them) don`t pay for them delaid signal (sorry about spelling been married 19 years to the date having a drink) but hey no paying so how cares

normally there would be figures for these and lock indicator would say not locked or ok. The fact that everything is at zeroes makes me think it may be that the dish is completly out of line. Some lnb's have switches so if yours has you can try i think they usually have about 3 positions for each feed. cable shouldn't be the problem, presuming it is all connected securely and no kinks/breaks etc standard ct10 cable should do the job. think the dish should be 19.2 degrees east facing or something like that. altho you have tried moving lnb, remember ultimately it's the dish that 'catches' the signal. (yes i work for sky) ....engineer support, bit rusty tho not long back after being off for almost 2.5yrs

there's a lot of that happens with signals/packages and yeah its not your problem if they forgot to cut your signal off!!!

I know a couple of boys that work doing aerials so will get in touch with them and see if they will re align it properly.

Thanks for your help though Dough Ball. Top man.

there's a lot of that happens with signals/packages and yeah its not your problem if they forgot to cut your signal off!!!

Did phone 3 times gave up in the end , its brill like now we don`t mind paying for setanta lol (the money we save on sky sport s and movies)

.....woman! (altho it is my partner's login) yeah they might have a digimeter which should get your signal locked on easily

The Real Maroonblood
My Network id and transport stream are at 0000 and my lock indicator is locked whatever that means. Signal strength is ok but nothing on quality.

Be careful. Remember what happened to Rod Hull.

yeah i get it all free (except satan sports...what we call it in work) i end up watchin the cooncil telly channels most of the time anyway......altho its normally nick junior on during the day if we're in

What does this mean?

Much appreicated

I had a similar problem and I had to phone sky to re-program my sky card to the new sky+ box as the card is matched to the unit you have.

It didn't cost anything to do.

Call the customer service and they will switch on the card for your box.

if the card is not matched to the box it should tell you and you should also still get 101-104 along with more channs as these are all freeview

Archived