Nerves ?

Everybody loves Baz

Everybody loves Baz

How to get rid of them?

Looking for a little advice here people,

I recently took up Bowls ( about 2 years ago to fill the gap between seasons) and have found myself in a final tonight at my local club. The thing is when i've been in other finals, pool, darts, fitba, whatever it may be i've never been affected by nerves.

I'm in the pairs final and personally think it might be the fear of letting my mate down.

Thoughts & advice welcome Kickbackers,

P.S MAKE IT QUICK AS I'M OUT THE DOOR 25 MINS. :o

heartsfc_fan
How to get rid of them?

I recently took up Bowls ( about 2 years ago to fill the gap between seasons) and have found myself in a final tonight at my local club. The thing is when i've been in other finals, pool, darts, fitba, whatever it may be i've never been affected by nerves.

I'm in the pairs final and personally think it might be the fear of letting my mate down.

Down a bottle of strong drink ;)

Nah what I do is go for a quick walk/jog. Keeps your mind off things.

How to get rid of them?

Alcohol!

Although not too much as it WILL affect your performance!

Everybody loves Baz
Alcohol!

Although not too much as it WILL affect your performance!

It has in the past so that's a no no.

Depends how you play bowls mate.

Changing you chain of thought should work... ie deciding your line and length then sticking to it and during your delivery count in your head or repeat something to stop your mind wandering.

I'm guessing your nerves make you indecisive and feck up your weight?

hope you've got a "1 minute zen buddist" book in your house.

PS good luck don't let us pressure you now but a report will be required later.

Heavy adrenaline fuelled music.

Take your mind off it and you'll be buzzing and up for it.

Used to do it when I swam and people commented (and sometimes moaned) that I was so (to) relaxed right before a race.

Miller Jambo 60

Played bowls at 16 before i played footie .

Just i up the jack bud and dream of a win.

Its pairs so you have a mate ,enjoy

blondejamtart

Try Rescue Remedy - you can buy it at any decent chemist - a few drops of that will calm the nerves. Worked wonders for my daughter when she used to get really nervous before competing in show jumping and other horsey events.

Look at your opponent and imagine how much he is cacking his pants at playing the legend that is you (this is what I do, but then I am of course a legend!) ;)

Miller Jambo 60
pink_bowl.jpg

Ever been hit with one.

A nutter from clerie hit a guy in the face with one years ago in the corrie inn.

MAD:mad:

eddie fenwick

no presure but remember your partner is relying on you,so dont muck it up or you will really let him/her down

A good ham shank, with gravy ;) will calm the nerves.

Never good to go out with a loaded gun, someone could get hurt.

Everybody loves Baz

Just back, got beat 22-21 after an extra end (whilst lying game) if that wasn't bad enough we got beat on a measure when it should really have been a drawn end (umpire couldn't decide between the two bowls) but we don't see eye to eye at the best of times so it was a foregone conclusion that he would award the game against us.

PWICK.

Just back, got beat 22-21 after an extra end (whilst lying game) if that wasn't bad enough we got beat on a measure when it should really have been a drawn end (umpire couldn't decide between the two bowls) but we don't see eye to eye at the best of times so it was a foregone conclusion that he would award the game against us.

PWICK.

sorry u lost I know how it feels loseing that way happened many times to me. Also know how it feels about haveing Nerves before a final. I had to play my brother in the Junior championship final which I had never won before and this was my last chance to win it. I have never been so nerveous playing bowls compared to that game but I won in the end anyway.

What club do u play for???

PWICK.

Who was it Baz?

Cyprus Jambo

Baz,

you're a young chap compared to all those other's at your club so you'll have time to get to many more finals (the rest will have died off by then). Plus Blaw (G.R) will be banned by then.

You must have played a bit better than a couple of Sunday's ago or did your skip carry you better that I managed!!!!!

Honestly though, unlucky mate - happens to us (I lost in last years championship - at a better club) :)

Baz,

you're a young chap compared to all those other's at your club so you'll have time to get to many more finals (the rest will have died off by then). Plus Blaw (G.R) will be banned by then.

You must have played a bit better than a couple of Sunday's ago or did your skip carry you better that I managed!!!!!

Honestly though, unlucky mate - happens to us (I lost in the first round of last years championship - at a lesser club) :)

Edited ;)

PWICK.

Gee you a game some time baz... I'll kick your erse!

Nah, I play a few times a year when the old boy ropes me in... got to a semi in my last comp tho.

Everybody loves Baz
Who was it Baz?

Norrie Kilpatrick & Tony Gordon (from springfield)

Everybody loves Baz
Norrie Kilpatrick & Tony Gordon (from springfield)

Baz,

Honestly though, unlucky mate - happens to us (I lost in last years championship - at a better club) :)

Played not bad last night, fell away in the middle 7 ends,

never mind We'll just need to win the final in a fortnight after getting beat in last years final.

Everybody loves Baz
Gee you a game some time baz... I'll kick your erse!

Nah, I play a few times a year when the old boy ropes me in... got to a semi in my last comp tho.

Kenny mate you're more than welcome to a game , although it's really more about the bevvy consumed during & after the game rather than the actual bowling,

and to be honest i really can't see you being interested in the drinking side of things :eek::eek:,,

oh well .

Patrick Bateman

I find that injecting heroin a couple of times a month is the best cure.

Archived