Any car experts?? Help!!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Coming into work this morning and i felt like my car was slipping whenever i turned a corner?

To make sure i wasnt going to fast or mind playing tricks i slowed right down to abot 20mph to turn right at a junction and the back end appeared to slide, the next lights i came to and everytime i came to a junction after that the wheels spun as i was pulling away???

I`ve checked for bald tyres etc and all appears ok, anyone have any ideas?

Coming into work this morning and i felt like my car was slipping whenever i turned a corner?

To make sure i wasnt going to fast or mind playing tricks i slowed right down to abot 20mph to turn right at a junction and the back end appeared to slide, the next lights i came to and everytime i came to a junction after that the wheels spun as i was pulling away???

I had the same problem and checked the tyres and thought they were ok as well. But I got it serviced and they said that 3 were on the borderline of being illegal. So I got 4 new ones. I can totally tell the difference now the treads look like the grand canyon compared. It doesn't slip, breaks better, pulls away better. Maybe worth popping into a garage and asking them to check them. I was totally surprised!

Miller Jambo 60

Tyres bud could just be the pressures

heartsfc_fan

What type of car do you drive? I drive a wee fiesta...and lets be honest it doesn't exactly have "sport" tyres or whatever for extra grip. The tyres are a couple of months old so aren't bare.

I tend to find I get wheel spin coming out of a junction when it's wet, and I can get the back end out sometimes (fun ;) ) And it is quite a light car aswell, so makes twitchy on the road when wet.

What type of car do you drive? I drive a wee fiesta...and lets be honest it doesn't exactly have "sport" tyres or whatever for extra grip. The tyres are a couple of months old so aren't bare.

I tend to find I get wheel spin coming out of a junction when it's wet, and I can get the back end out sometimes (fun ;) ) And it is quite a light car aswell, so makes twitchy on the road when wet.

Check your tyre pressure. Sounds like they might be a bit flat.

It may just be the type of car

My old car was a 1.3 and pretty nippy at that but the standard tyres where totally unsuitable for acceleration it could do, as soon as it got wet and tyres wore a bit it started wheelspinning and slipping all over the shop:p

Archived