Diggers pub

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

What's the place like?

I normally take the car on match days, so I don't usually go for drinks.

But now I've moved nearer to Tynecastle, so its within walking distance. Always wondered what the pub is like for general atmosphere, beer etc etc.

What's the place like?

But now I've moved nearer to Tynecastle, so its within walking distance. Always wondered what the pub is like for general atmosphere, beer etc etc.

The place is magnificent. Few other words could do it justice.

I hope this helps.

I love the place.

Its got a great atmosphere & the staff are very attentive & hospitable.

I'm in there before & after every home game.

Would never go anywhere else. The other places are just wee diddy pubs in comparison.

It'll take you about 3 days to get served, but other than that it's decent.

Oh, and my uncle Alan drinks in there. Mid-fifties, white hair, red face.

Tell him I said hi if anyone knows him :)

Miller Jambo 60
What's the place like?

Was in 1980 after my mum died ,my dad and wee broth.

Went to the chippie at corrie where we had a fight with 2 guys.

One of them a good mate now.

Well thats the last time i was there ,good pub and bar staff.

What's the place like?

It's fine if you're an OAP or have the attitude of an OAP. Beer and service are decent enough, but there's more atmosphere on Mars.

Best get yourself down to Robertson's.

Ron Burgundy

Used to drink in there before games about 10 years ago but it went downhill badly.Popped in for the first time in years after the Motherwell game and it looks to have improved slightly but still not a patch on how it used to be.

Not the beer machine it used to be, but still the best pre-match (and post-match) venue, with the Caley Sample Room a close second. and I'm not an OAP...yet.

I like it.

Always buzzing IMO.

We used to go to the Gillsland before games, but when that shut we headed to the Caley, and soon after the Diggers. Prefer it. Although I was ony young in the Gillsland.

Generic Username
It's one of the greatest places on Earth.

Buffalo Bill

I miss it more than I miss my own home.

It's a good place to start a conga to other pubs aswell.

I love the place.

Its got a great atmosphere & the staff are very attentive & hospitable.

I'm in there before & after every home game.

Would never go anywhere else. The other places are just wee diddy pubs in comparison.

whenever i've been in i've always found the staff to be great, and get to everyone really pretty quickly given how busy the place it.

bar can been a good few deep pre match & right after a game. some really decent people there too.

generally very friendly and packed to the rafters with kickbackers too!!

if you meet someone in a beanie hat, don't talk to him....

he writes books! :eek:

Didnt have smirnoff vodka the other week, so we didnt stay...:)

I dont even drink vodka........

Good pub though, but dont stand near the back if your a smoker (im not) time you get out the notion will have worn off :P

Commander Harris

Think the Diggers is an excellent pub(my usual matchday pub), good service and good beer - although I do sometimes wish they'd be a bit more forgiving of the odd post match sing song.

Think the Diggers is an excellent pub(my usual matchday pub), good service and good beer - although I do sometimes wish they'd be a bit more forgiving of the odd post match sing song.

So it's true? They do actually ban singing? :laugh:

Diggers is and always has been, a great place for a blether and a beer. Even more so now with the smoking ban, you tend to chat to folk outside you wouldn't previously have had.

jt

whenever i've been in i've always found the staff to be great, and get to everyone really pretty quickly given how busy the place it.

bar can been a good few deep pre match & right after a game. some really decent people there too.

generally very friendly and packed to the rafters with kickbackers too!!

if you meet someone in a beanie hat, don't talk to him....

he writes books! :eek:

Aye. Some of they hats are awfy!

You are right, it's like JKB central on a matchday! Think I saw a few in on Saturday again.

What's the place like?

Aaaah, been o/seas for 20 odd years, was last in the Diggers 2 yrs ago, changed a lot but still a great establishment, EDINBURGH'S FINEST.

heartsfc_fan
Top boozer. Good pints, great staff and just a stones throw from my flat.

May I just ask. Where are you staying? I'm up in Bryson just now in the modern flats. I believe Diggers is my nearest pub (along with Caley sample rooms) then the Orwell I think

May I just ask. Where are you staying? I'm up in Bryson just now in the modern flats. I believe Diggers is my nearest pub (along with Caley sample rooms) then the Orwell I think

Bryson Road too. Good choice of pubs in our area. Id recommend the Etrrick (just along from the Orwell) for food and The Golden Rule ( up one of the side streets before Fountainpark) as well as the above

Buffalo Bill

Clearly, The Diggers is not for EVERY Hearts fan, which is fair enough. Each to their own, I say.

But those of us who drink there, consider it a sort of spiritual home, almost as much as Tynecastle itself. Read again, the way that Diggers regulars describe their pub.

And when people who don't even drink there say there is "no atmosphere" in The Diggers, they leave those of us who know better with more room to chat, laugh and yes: sing.

Buffalo Bill

heartsfc_fan
Bryson Road too. Good choice of pubs in our area. Id recommend the Etrrick (just along from the Orwell) for food and The Golden Rule ( up one of the side streets before Fountainpark) as well as the above

Aye been to the Etrrick a few times before. In fact just last week. I think its been refurbed recently? The pints of Calsberg there are FANTASTIC. Decent value aswell about ?2.70.

Archived