Anyone know anything about Azid Jazz ?

Jamie_the_Jambo

Jamie_the_Jambo

I got a bunch of records which I think are acid jazz. Anyone know anything about the genre or where to look and learn ? I want to sell them if anyones interested?

Jamie

I got a bunch of records which I think are acid jazz. Anyone know anything about the genre or where to look and learn ? I want to sell them if anyones interested?

Jamie

Just be sure they are NOT Acid Jizz. An off SHOOT of Acid Jazz.

Club-driven offshoot that kind of grew up in the early nineties. Combination of beats and (not exclusively) jazz-influenced live stuff.

Was good friends and worked with two terrific guys, Willie South and John Wallace, from a band called Heavy Shift who've put out a good few albums. Other noteworthies were people like Thievery Corporation and noteworthy in terms of sales but not necessarily tunes, The Brand New Heavies.

Corduroy always had a big following and were a terrific live band.

Are the records actually on the Acid Jazz label or just the same style of music?

vlad on the tyne

Are the records actually on the Acid Jazz label or just the same style of music?

mmmmmmmmmm really grrrrrrrrreat!

Corduroy were class.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Galliano yet. They were of that ilk iirc.

Daydream Believer
Corduroy were class.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Galliano yet. They were of that ilk iirc.

High Havoc is to this day one of my favourite albums.

I could be talking rubish but my recollection was that of all the artists the label had, JK was the only one who made them any real money and when he went to Sony the label folded, which was sad.

Archived