Catchy songs from soundtracks

Alan_R

Ok there are alot of soundtracks out there that are fantastic: Last of the Monicans, Braveheart and Gladiator being some of my favourites.

However recently I've been bulking up my music collection with some catchy tunes from films/adverts that everyone will reconise. So far some of the ones that have made the compilation:

I melt with you- Modern English

Sway- Bic Runga

Another girl, another planet- the only ones

Ever fallen in love- Thursday (originally Buzzcocks)

Pure Shores- All Saints

You Wanted More- Tonic

Meant To Live- Switchfoot

there is lots more but any recomendations along these lines would be great. If you want to put which film they feature would be cool too.

These probably don't reflect my music taste but I do enjoy them and its something I can stick on in the background at work.

Ok there are alot of soundtracks out there that are fantastic: Last of the Monicans, Braveheart and Gladiator being some of my favourites.

However recently I've been bulking up my music collection with some catchy tunes from films/adverts that everyone will reconise. So far some of the ones that have made the compilation:

I melt with you- Modern English

Sway- Bic Runga

Another girl, another planet- the only ones

Ever fallen in love- Thursday (originally Buzzcocks)

Pure Shores- All Saints

You Wanted More- Tonic

Meant To Live- Switchfoot

there is lots more but any recomendations along these lines would be great. If you want to put which film they feature would be cool too.

These probably don't reflect my music taste but I do enjoy them and its something I can stick on in the background at work.

The Only Ones track appears on the sountrack to the chick-flick "Me Without You" which is well worth buying.

Can't say much for the film (other than the superb Anna Freil's in it) but songs like:-

Super Furry Animals - (Drawing) Rings Around the World

Nick Drake - Cello Song

The Clash - White Riot

Echo & the Bunnymen - The Cutter

Lucy Street - White Horses

and Dillinger's Cocaine , make the album worth a listen

There's a few stinkers thrown in but it also features Wreckless Eric's - Whole Wide World, which is worth the price of the CD alone.

Archived