Stopping Smoking

MrBones

I decided to stop smoking 4 weeks ago. Replaced the cigs with inhalator things. They have 10 mills of nicotine per capsule. 20 cigs have 10 mills.

Problem is, i'm getting a wee bit hooked on the inhalators. Anyone tried the e- ciggie? I've seen people use it but not tried it yet myself

Doctor FinnBarr
I decided to stop smoking 4 weeks ago. Replaced the cigs with inhalator things. They have 10 mills of nicotine per capsule. 20 cigs have 10 mills.

Problem is, i'm getting a wee bit hooked on the inhalators. Anyone tried the e- ciggie? I've seen people use it but not tried it yet myself

NO' now stop hastling us peeps that still puff!

:107years:

Never would mate, puff if you want!! I loved smoking, it was an enjoyment thing for me rather than an addiction. My wife wont give me kids unless I stop, so I stop

Doctor FinnBarr
Never would mate, puff if you want!! I loved smoking, it was an enjoyment thing for me rather than an addiction. My wife wont give me kids unless I stop, so I stop

Hmm, I managed to have Kay (sorry! we both managed to have Kay) whilst smecking like chimney stacks! Not to everyones taste i'll submit!

:eek:

I quit over twent years. Tried the nicotine gum became addicted to it, ended up chewing nico gum and smoking heavy. Tried the putting the butts in a jar of water until they became a horrible sickening mess, found that made me so sick I had to have a cigarette to feel better. I went for a routine medical and the doctor didn't like my EKG, went to my own doctor for a second opinion, and while in the waiting room read a brochure that said how the chances of recovering from a heart problem improved if you stopped smoking and got better the longer you didn't smoke. Threw a brand new 20 pack in the garbage. I got an appointment later with a cardiologist and he told me my heart was fine, I was tempted to go back and see if the cigarettes were still in the garbage can, but having gone three weeks without smoking thought I would just carry on, and more than twenty years later still don't touch them.

I don't expect anyone to do it the way I did, but the secret with stopping smoking is you gotta want to do it.

all you are doing is replacing one crutch with another.

what i think you ought to do, is work out firt of all if you are an addicted smoker, or a habit smoker.

i think habit smoking is the easiest one to quit, cos if you're an addict, then you need to want to stop, then get help

the NHS thing seems pretty decent as they will give you everything you need to stop, from patches, to gum, to people to help you quit. it will only work if you really want to though.

i keep going back to smoking cos i'm able to stop for weeks at a time, which makes me believe i am a habit smoker. the problem there, is because i CAN stop, i go back cos there are no immediate side effects, other than mental, psychedelic dreaming which i kinda like.

each smoker has their own problem with the weed, and each smoker will have a trigger where they badly want a ciggie.

find yours and you're more than halfway towards quitting

My cousin had to stop, uses one of the artifical cigs...Looks daft. WILLPOWER is all you need. easy for me to type I suppose....:P

Good luck all who try to quit. .http://www.electronicigarette.co.uk/?google-ads&gclid=CP6bytPJo5UCFQ5NQwodkiZlkg

jack D and coke

Have you read Allen Carr's book? Interesting in that it tries to change the way you look at smoking. Guy died of Lung cancer after being a heavy lummer but the book works for some people. Even though i'm tabbin again i stopped for a year with no patches or inhalers or nowt. Reckon i just got a bit too cocky thinking it was easy to stop and thought i could do it again. Amazing how it creeped back into my life when i had it beat. You can pick the book up for a fiver.

Have you read Allen Carr's book? Interesting in that it tries to change the way you look at smoking. Guy died of Lung cancer after being a heavy lummer but the book works for some people. Even though i'm tabbin again i stopped for a year with no patches or inhalers or nowt. Reckon i just got a bit too cocky thinking it was easy to stop and thought i could do it again. Amazing how it creeped back into my life when i had it beat. You can pick the book up for a fiver.

There's a guy in my work who swears by this book.

Carr worked for me. Smoked for 17 years or so, was up to 30 a day. Been smoke free since 2001. Easy peasy. My clothes don't stink and I've got more money for beer :)

I'd recommend Carr, but he doesn't work for everyone.

Jamie_the_Jambo

If you stop smoking it will probably be the single most great thing you could do for yourself.

Go on...... help yourself.

Jamie

Archived