Update Eric Hummel

CocoBear

I posted on here 2 weeks ago regarding this player, tommorow he is flying back to Austria but will be back here in the winter (Jan) to play for the reserves or with another team possibly so that coaches can acess him in "game time" closely. He really likes the set up that we have at Hearts, espessially the academy and is looking forward to coming back here. Talked very positively regarding Thomas Flogel who brought him over, said he does not stop talking about Hearts and his time here. Also said that his son who was born while here , is showing great signs of being a footballer and that he wants him to one day play for us. Considering that Thomas,s own dad was also an internationalist he certainly has a chance of making it. coming from good stock.:)

Ray Winstone
I posted on here 2 weeks ago regarding this player, tommorow he is flying back to Austria but will be back here in the winter (Jan) to play for the reserves or with another team possibly so that coaches can acess him in "game time" closely. He really likes the set up that we have at Hearts, espessially the academy and is looking forward to coming back here. Talked very positively regarding Thomas Flogel who brought him over, said he does not stop talking about Hearts and his time here. Also said that his son who was born while here , is showing great signs of being a footballer and that he wants him to one day play for us. Considering that Thomas,s own dad was also an internationalist he certainly has a chance of making it. coming from good stock.:)

Gavin Strachan, Paul Dalgleish....any more?

Ryan Gosling

I hope he doesn't have a deal like Screpis!

Ray Winstone
callum best

That tops both of mine.

I was going to say Darren Ferguson - does he count being that his dad was not a brilliant player?

siegementality
Lampard

Neil Mellor, Nigel Clough, Jamie Redknapp, Michael Owen, Paolo Maldini, Michael and Brian Laudrup and Jordi Cruyff

Ray Winstone
Neil Mellor, Nigel Clough, Jamie Redknapp, Michael Owen, Paolo Maldini, Michael and Brian Laudrup and Jordi Cruyff

Nigel Clough manager wise perhaps but was he not arguably a better player than his dad?

Jamie Redknapp is a dodgy one as well IMHO.

siegementality
Nigel Clough manager wise perhaps but was he not arguably a better player than his dad?

All the more reason to suggest young Flogel might be a good player then.

great to see so many pessimistic folk on here. Honestly why bother posting anything on here when al anyone one does is just rip the p*** out of it. and you think Vlad is paranoid? take a look at yourselves for god sake.:mad:

Ray Winstone
great to see so many pessimistic folk on here. Honestly why bother posting anything on here when al anyone one does is just rip the p*** out of it. and you think Vlad is paranoid? take a look at yourselves for god sake.:mad:

Ever heard the phrase - 'dont count your chickens before they have hatched' ?

I am not pessimistic at all - I am a realist.

Get over yourself.

in my thread i mention about an american guy who having spent time with american facilities they have to offer, go to Austria Vienna with the set up they have, then come to us recommended by former great player Thomas Flogel and he has nothing but PRAISE for both HEARTSand the ACADEMY says a lot for our set up. The part about Thomas saying that he would like his son to play one day for us may be a dream, but the fact remains that he is so enamoured still about his time with us that he would love nothing better than to see his son play for Hearts speaks volumes of his passions for this club. not forgetting that he is recommending players to come here as well?? But hey lets pick up on a negative

issue first???? ME get over myself??

It was a great OP cocobear. Nice to hear a positive outsiders impression of the club and also to hear that a former player still looks fondly back on his time here.

The media are winning the negativity war and it has rubbed off on the natives.

It's getting to the point that the Jambos are more negative than the hobo infiltrators. :sad::sad::sad:

It was a great OP cocobear. Nice to hear a positive outsiders impression of the club and also to hear that a former player still looks fondly back on his time here.

The media are winning the negativity war and it has rubbed off on the natives.

It's getting to the point that the Jambos are more negative than the hobo infiltrators. :sad::sad::sad:

I thought so too.

Thanks cocobear

Charlie-Brown

Cheers for the info Cocobear - don't let the moaners on here get you down or prevent you from posting.:)

ernie winchester
in my thread i mention about an american guy who having spent time with american facilities they have to offer, go to Austria Vienna with the set up they have, then come to us recommended by former great player Thomas Flogel and he has nothing but PRAISE for both HEARTSand the ACADEMY says a lot for our set up. The part about Thomas saying that he would like his son to play one day for us may be a dream, but the fact remains that he is so enamoured still about his time with us that he would love nothing better than to see his son play for Hearts speaks volumes of his passions for this club. not forgetting that he is recommending players to come here as well?? But hey lets pick up on a negative

issue first???? ME get over myself??

Don't worry about it mate. Most people will have read your thread and picked up on all the positive points and subsequently enjoyed reading it, as I did. These people tend not to remark much on it though, if at all.

Then there are the other posters who feel the need to shoot anyone down in flames for daring to post anything positive. Just check around the other threads and you'll see a pattern - the usual suspects. Most of us just ignore them though. :).

Its good to read posts like this rather than the usual mind-numbing sheeite we are used to.

Cheers CB :thumb:

I don't really think it can be argued that Nigel was better than Brian as a player. It's some times forgotten, that if it weren't for injury, Brian Clough would have been just as legendary as a player as he is as a manager. He had to retire through injury aged 27, having scored an incredible 251 goals in 274 games.

Are you on drugs? Clough Snrs goal scoring record was frightening.

I think the clue in the OP was playing for 'another' team, the lad was simply not good enough for our reserve team.A nice laddie,reasonable footballer but not good enough for us.

PS ...Coco....i did meet him before you ask..:)

Chad Sexington
Its good to read posts like this rather than the usual mind-numbing sheeite we are used to.

Cheers CB :thumb:

Spot on Cat.

I cant believe the guy was jumped on.

Sad.

:sad:

Nigel Clough was a VERY good footballer - but you should take some time out to read about Brian Clough and his career (which was tragically cut short) as a player.

His record of goals per game is ****ing awsome, Tucks.

"He's f*cking codding, is Clough!"

The later part of his career for some reason went boobies up - probably when he should have been in his prime.

When he was at Forrest and when he first went to Liverpool - he was a bloody good player.

Its a really strange on the way his career taken such a nosedive.

Brian Clough is regarded as one of the best finishers the games has seen, granted he played his football in the old second division for the majority of his career, but he averaged nearly a goal a game I think.

And you have to remember that he gave Nigel his chance at Forrest, granted he played well enough to have Souness sign him for Liverpool, but he never really lived up to the hype at the pool.

Redknapp, definitely think junior was the better player.

Archived