mischief making - the media

garethjambo

listening to the media conference tonight, the Scottish press really are now on par with the English press. It's quite clear that all they want to do is cause mischief and they seem to love writing negative storys about the goings on at our beloved club. They really do not want hearts and vladamir Romanov to succeed. They are causing a load of paranoia on here. Look guys our club is run differently from other clubs in Scotland but we really have to accept this and move on!. Romanov is going to have his say in most stuff.

The people in charge of the club and all want us to succeed and move in the same direction.

Please sign below if you agree with this and lets look forward to the st mirren game, the team and manager needs our support.

Ps if you are going to say something negative in this thread then don't bother saying anything at all. Together this is a thread of unity!!!

listening to the media conference tonight, the Scottish press really are now on par with the English press. It's quite clear that all they want to do is cause mischief and they seem to love writing negative storys about the goings on at our beloved club. They really do not want hearts and vladamir Romanov to succeed. They are causing a load of paranoia on here. Look guys our club is run differently from other clubs in Scotland but we really have to accept this and move on!. Romanov is going to have his say in most stuff.

The people in charge of the club and all want us to succeed and move in the same direction.

Please sign below if you agree with this and lets look forward to the st mirren game, the team and manager needs our support.

Ps if you are going to say something negative in this thread then don't bother saying anything at all. Together this is a thread of unity!!!

Agreed

The media are a bunch of *******s, negative stories sell papers. They try to twist and manipulate foreign players answers so no wonder half the foreign Hearts players used to hate going up in front of the media.

Mischief making sells papers and demands ears.That is the media.The nature of the beast.But hey,they've got to earn a crust like the rest of us so carry on.Paranoia and naivety are for the weak.Rise above it and scoff at the drivel.

...bloody hell!that wine's good!;)

Agreed mate !!

Leave the doom and gloomers to get their fix on it.

:bravo:

signed

There is no such thing as the Scottish press, in footballing terms at least, it is the Glasgow press. They are there to sell papers and that's where the brainless connurbations exist, Amen.

I've made myself clear on other threads. The media are parasites that create and feed of the myth that the OF matter on the international stage. They encourage support for the OF by persistently trying to mock the other 10. They (the media) have nothing to loose in doing this since it is the myopia of the OF support that keeps them in business.

We all need to recognise this and use every opportunity to damage the OF apologists. If all that means is not buying their lies in print then do it. Then shout about it!

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The weegie media are obsessed with Romanov more than ever more so

because Kaunas pumped there team out of the Champions League Qualifiers

They have become predictable now on questioning everything regarding

any decsions that are made .

Csaba had them worked out after 2 minutes at his first press conference

when it became clear that the press were more interested in Vlad .

David Murray has as much influence on the Rangers squad than Romanov

has on the Hearts squad yet the media do not see that as interference ,

more like backing the manager or being shrewd

Petrie at Hibs has interfered more his team yet they call it balancing the

books .

hearts_crazy

I take EVERYTHING the media says with a huge pinch of salt. They are absolutely out to cause as much discontent as possible, tonight was a classic example of this. It spawned yet another Vlad GTF thread anyway.

Signed

JamboRossi79

Said this earlier

That conference was an absolute disgrace.

Just posted this on another thread, more apt here though.

I was embarrassed at the amount of times they tried to mention one issue after Csaba had clearly said it was finished. ****ing joke of a media. If I were Csaba I would have got up and said if you ain't going to ask mye about the match then interview over.

It's quite obvious that the press feel that Hearts are a good talking point - nothing to do with football. I just hope that Csaba doesn't get pee'd off with their short-sighted, waste-of-space question routine. I was - and I think he was. I couldn't wait till one of them asked an intelligent question. Let's hope all the Rankers signings play p*sh for 6 months so we get some peace:)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

We just need to post more negative threads regarding the old firm

Should not be too difficult

It is obvious that journalists take their stories from fans forums .

Fozzyonthefence

So nobody can post on JKB if they don't agree with your opinon?

john brownlee

Have you just got out of bed most of us already know this and have been for years trying to get people on board What have the english press apart from the bbc (but that was bbcscot )said about Hearts and Mr Romanov

Its only the GFA meedia that see us as a threat. If you have ever lived in england you will surely know by now scottish news whether footie or a massive mega volcano eruption would barely make the tenth page.

I have been saying since Mr Romanov arrived we have to change our view on the way clubs are run ( do we want to live in the past or progress) I say go with the flow if it all goes tits up we will still have our name and we will move on but in the meantime we have a guy who saved our club and investing in its future so not only give him a chance but some lea way. Rome wasn't built in a day.

He is right to question the GFA

He is right to question the refs

He is right to question managers

He is right to question the players

He is right to question team selection

He is right to question the cooncil

He is right to question the people he appointed

and just like you and me He is right to question .

If you or any other poster was in charge of Hearts would you not ask the same questions.

I think that Mr Romanov is a very brave man in taking on scootish football because unless you own one of the uglies, then you are going to achieve very little He will have a colossus, monumental and enormous task in winning anything. god imagine the job he would have had at dundee

I hope you don't see this a a neg as always I'm on the happy train and looking forward to the next station which is st midden lets blow them away and on to the next stop

You don't have to have any degrees for journalism or anything in Scotland, as these knuckledraggers are only interested in negative stories. OMG, a 36 year old keeper isn't number one anymore and they've replaced him with a Scottish Under 21 keeper, a Slovakian who helped knock the mighty Glasgow Rangers out of Europe and loaned a Hungarian keeper, it's a disgrace!!!

Artur Boruc is an alcoholic, who cares, he wasn't in Scotland. I wish Csaba had walked out on the journos, they clearly weren't interested in talking about tomorrow's game. Csaba was right, ask Steve Banks, ask Mr Romanov. Oh, wait, that's right, our journos will NEVER get anything out of VR thanks to their constant criticism.

Hearts are run exactly like a European club, but that is "foreign" to these reporters and they clearly don't understand it, why, cos' they're not interested. After all our "success" in europe, they think that if it's not run like a British club, then it's not right. I can't wait for the day that a foreign businessman takes over at one of the OF. Will he be regarded as a hero or villain?

PS - Signed.

So nobody can post on JKB if they don't agree with your opinon?

Everyone of course is entitled to there own opinion, and as I have said this is a thread about the togetherness of the club and not another one of those posts having a go at the way hearts are being run. There is a lot of infighting between the hearts fans at the moment and I feel it has to stop. The negativity on this forum spreads to the fans in the stadium watching the game, this is then communicated to the players who struggle to perform without a positive crowd, then everyone goes back onto the forum and it starts all over again!!. It is a total vicious circle.

The weegie media are obsessed with Romanov more than ever more so

because Kaunas pumped there team out of the Champions League Qualifiers

They have become predictable now on questioning everything regarding

any decsions that are made .

Csaba had them worked out after 2 minutes at his first press conference

when it became clear that the press were more interested in Vlad .

David Murray has as much influence on the Rangers squad than Romanov

has on the Hearts squad yet the media do not see that as interference ,

more like backing the manager or being shrewd

Petrie at Hibs has interfered more his team yet they call it balancing the

books .

Very good comparisons AJ. Some Hearts fans seem unable to ignore what the press say at times and it does their heads in.

Our worst crisis this season was when we offloaded a part time journeyman coach with no certificates and brought in a highly experienced coach with all the right badges. What a calamity.

Murray would have been given a knighthood if he'd done the same thing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'l qualify some of the media abuse on here. They HAD to ask about the Banks situation. That was a given.

However, the questions focused on the whole word of Banks being "untrustworthy". Now, not once was Csaba asked whether he could confirm this or not. Instead it was taken as fact that this was the case (probably because the club never denied it, to be fair). As Csaba pointed out, he answered what he could answer, yet the focus was on this one word. Disgraceful!

However, what muppet at the club decided Marian Kello should be the player in front of the media?

kevinthejambo

Signed

No chance this is a Forum and if i have something to say i will say it.

Here we go again with the somebdy done me wrong song again.

When we stop living in glass houses, then i will come on here and sign your post.

Everyone of course is entitled to there own opinion, and as I have said this is a thread about the togetherness of the club and not another one of those posts having a go at the way hearts are being run. There is a lot of infighting between the hearts fans at the moment and I feel it has to stop. The negativity on this forum spreads to the fans in the stadium watching the game, this is then communicated to the players who struggle to perform without a positive crowd, then everyone goes back onto the forum and it starts all over again!!. It is a total vicious circle.

Unfortunately mate it will be like that until the day VR leaves.

Jambof3tornado
Very good comparisons AJ. Some Hearts fans seem unable to ignore what the press say at times and it does their heads in.

Our worst crisis this season was when we offloaded a part time journeyman coach with no certificates and brought in a highly experienced coach with all the right badges. What a calamity.

Murray would have been given a knighthood if he'd done the same thing.

You failed to add,with international coaching experience!!!

GFA PRESS,always ready to make Hearts look daft,just for their readers.

No-one likes us we don't care. Who gives a **** what the prhess and mhedia say?

European Jambos Mum

f I were Csaba I would have got up and said if you ain't going to ask mye about the match then interview over.

that what Strachan would have done!!!! and got praised for it!!!!

I'l qualify some of the media abuse on here. They HAD to ask about the Banks situation. That was a given.

However, the questions focused on the whole word of Banks being "untrustworthy". Now, not once was Csaba asked whether he could confirm this or not. Instead it was taken as fact that this was the case (probably because the club never denied it, to be fair). As Csaba pointed out, he answered what he could answer, yet the focus was on this one word. Disgraceful!

However, what muppet at the club decided Marian Kello should be the player in front of the media?

Csaba?

My thoughts too.

Have to say that I loved the bit when with Csaba getting clearly fed up being asked about the Banks situation replied " I wont come into your house and ask why you're divorcing your wife". Great putdown.

This is from todays daily ******, not seen the press conference how does it compare?

Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo denies rift with Vladimir Romanov over Steve Banks

Aug 23 2008 By Craig Swan

RILED Csaba Laszlo last night blasted talk that "Banksgate" has created a spilt within his new regime and defiantly insisted there is harmony at Hearts.

The Hungarian gaffer dropped his cheery exterior for the first time as, with owner Vladimir Romanov appearing to play a major role in former No.1 Steve Banks' shock demotion to youth-team duties, suspicions gather around his authority just three weeks into the season.

Banks is understood to have been stunned at suddenly being retired by the club having been played by Laszlo in the first game of the SPL campaign against Motherwell just 14 days ago.

Owner Romanov described the 35-year-old as untrustworthy to the rest of the squad in the dressing room at Ibrox last weekend to the shock of his colleagues.

To add to the mix, Hearts then appointed Lithuanian Arturas Ramoska in place of Banks as their new first-team goalkeeping coach.

Instantly, Jambos fans felt Romanov's influence and feared the first cracks in Laszlo's total management.

And despite the odd smile the manager looked ill at ease with questions regarding Romanov yesterday as he desperately moved to set the record straight.

Laszlo said Banks knew from the summer what was going to happen and said: "I am happy with the decision. Steven's career is coming to an end.

"The decision was made before and Steven knew this. It is a decision we made together."

Laszlo batted away enquiries about who exactly made the final call or who was happy about the outcome.

He said: "Ask Steven. Ask Mr Romanov. I am Csaba Laszlo."

Asevents took a bizarre twist the boss then added: "We have Steven as the youth-team coach. We make decisions and everybody must respect them.

"I do not go to your family and ask why you have divorced your wife. That is your problem and this was our problem. It is finished. If someone is not happy you must ask them, I don't look in the past.

"If you want to go forward and be successful you cannot just make nice decisions.

"If you go to a factory and they have put 200 people out of the work, it may not be popular with them.

"But it might save 2000 jobs. It will be unpopular for the 200 but you do it. We make decisions and they must be accepted.

"This has to be our decision. When I first came here I told Steven I wanted a new goalkeeper. This is not new.

"We have to make decisions for a youth team. Steven's career is going slower and he is the new coach. He works together with us and I don't know what is the problem.

"You cannot play until you are 48 years old. I am happy, Steven is happy and everything is okay."

Laszlo confirmed he travelled to Lithuania for more talks with Romanov this week but pushed for cynics to take a positive look at the situation at Hearts.

He added: "I do my work. I talk with the owner and he talks with me. We have a sport director, maybe you could ask him. My part is the sport. We can talk about the games and I tell you what I can. I am open.

"My job is on the field and I know how far I can go. Everybody has a part of the job and we have structure in the club.

"No one attacks each other. Mr Romanov likes this club, believe me. I will tell you something, Rangers beat a group of our kids last week. We had six young Scottish players on the field. Is that not positive?

"This week we had Under-21s away, Christophe Berra played for Scotland, Mike Stewart came back after six years and had a good game.

"I can't work without a goalkeeper coach. This is not a collapse. Look at the positives."

Ramoska started work immediately with Scotland Under-21 keeper Jamie McDonald and recent signing Marian Kello.

Hearts are also hoping to attract Hungary keeper Janos Balogh on a loan deal from Debrecen.

Ironically, Kello, also brought from FBK Kaunas, has taken the role of piggie-in-the-middle during the Banks saga but Laszlo said: "I told you. I saw Kello against Rangers and now he is here. Balogh will come next week and we will then have three goalkeepers."

Kello is in line to make his debut in today's clash against St Mirren and is aware of the flak that is flying.

However, the Slovak star is adamant he is here for his own reasons and looking to forge a career in Scotland.

Kello wants to move on to bigger things and believes his performance in the Champions League win over Rangers played a part.

He said: "I don't know what happened with him (Banks) and it's not a question for me. It's his problem.

"I wanted to come here and I worked for this moment all of this year. I knew if I played good against Rangers I'd have a chance to come here. I was thinking of this.

"I'm not sure if all players from Kaunas look to Hearts but many do and have targets.

"I want to be in Europe with Hearts and we can do that. I am ready for the coach. It's not my decision. Jamie played well in the last game."

"Please sign below if you agree with this and lets look forward to the st mirren game, the team and manager needs our support"

Signed 100% agree mate!

I posted last night saying that a fellow Hearts fan text me to say the club was in turmoil again, seems like plenty of our own fans are going to be taking in by the negative reporting, probably best if they stay away!

This media witch-hunt is only going to galvanize the club the fans the players

I wish this was true, its no tho. Divide and conquer.

Rabbie_Burns

Lets face it, they aint gonna be happy until the day Csaba walks, much the same as several posters on KB... :mad:

Chad Sexington
Lets face it, they aint gonna be happy until the day Csaba walks, much the same as several posters on KB... :mad:

Surely no Hearts supporter on here would take a twisted perverse pleasure at such a thing.

:eek::rolleyes:

Rabbie_Burns
Surely no Hearts supporter on here would take a twisted perverse pleasure at such a thing.

:eek::rolleyes:

Oh yes they would... :cool:

signed. 100% spot on.

why do the weej media think it is alright to try and twist peoples' words when they know the people they are asking questions have not totally mastered the english language. i don't see them doing that to OF new signings!

:(

You would think so, but, when there is an opportunity to stick the knife into Romanov and Hearts........................the media have a willing following amongst our support.

hearts_crazy
This is from todays daily ******, not seen the press conference how does it compare?

Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo denies rift with Vladimir Romanov over Steve Banks

Aug 23 2008 By Craig Swan

RILED Csaba Laszlo last night blasted talk that "Banksgate" has created a spilt within his new regime and defiantly insisted there is harmony at Hearts.

The Hungarian gaffer dropped his cheery exterior for the first time as, with owner Vladimir Romanov appearing to play a major role in former No.1 Steve Banks' shock demotion to youth-team duties, suspicions gather around his authority just three weeks into the season.

Banks is understood to have been stunned at suddenly being retired by the club having been played by Laszlo in the first game of the SPL campaign against Motherwell just 14 days ago.

Owner Romanov described the 35-year-old as untrustworthy to the rest of the squad in the dressing room at Ibrox last weekend to the shock of his colleagues.

To add to the mix, Hearts then appointed Lithuanian Arturas Ramoska in place of Banks as their new first-team goalkeeping coach.

Instantly, Jambos fans felt Romanov's influence and feared the first cracks in Laszlo's total management.

And despite the odd smile the manager looked ill at ease with questions regarding Romanov yesterday as he desperately moved to set the record straight.

Laszlo said Banks knew from the summer what was going to happen and said: "I am happy with the decision. Steven's career is coming to an end.

"The decision was made before and Steven knew this. It is a decision we made together."

Laszlo batted away enquiries about who exactly made the final call or who was happy about the outcome.

He said: "Ask Steven. Ask Mr Romanov. I am Csaba Laszlo."

Asevents took a bizarre twist the boss then added: "We have Steven as the youth-team coach. We make decisions and everybody must respect them.

"I do not go to your family and ask why you have divorced your wife. That is your problem and this was our problem. It is finished. If someone is not happy you must ask them, I don't look in the past.

"If you want to go forward and be successful you cannot just make nice decisions.

"If you go to a factory and they have put 200 people out of the work, it may not be popular with them.

"But it might save 2000 jobs. It will be unpopular for the 200 but you do it. We make decisions and they must be accepted.

"This has to be our decision. When I first came here I told Steven I wanted a new goalkeeper. This is not new.

"We have to make decisions for a youth team. Steven's career is going slower and he is the new coach. He works together with us and I don't know what is the problem.

"You cannot play until you are 48 years old. I am happy, Steven is happy and everything is okay."

Laszlo confirmed he travelled to Lithuania for more talks with Romanov this week but pushed for cynics to take a positive look at the situation at Hearts.

He added: "I do my work. I talk with the owner and he talks with me. We have a sport director, maybe you could ask him. My part is the sport. We can talk about the games and I tell you what I can. I am open.

"My job is on the field and I know how far I can go. Everybody has a part of the job and we have structure in the club.

"No one attacks each other. Mr Romanov likes this club, believe me. I will tell you something, Rangers beat a group of our kids last week. We had six young Scottish players on the field. Is that not positive?

"This week we had Under-21s away, Christophe Berra played for Scotland, Mike Stewart came back after six years and had a good game.

"I can't work without a goalkeeper coach. This is not a collapse. Look at the positives."

Ramoska started work immediately with Scotland Under-21 keeper Jamie McDonald and recent signing Marian Kello.

Hearts are also hoping to attract Hungary keeper Janos Balogh on a loan deal from Debrecen.

Ironically, Kello, also brought from FBK Kaunas, has taken the role of piggie-in-the-middle during the Banks saga but Laszlo said: "I told you. I saw Kello against Rangers and now he is here. Balogh will come next week and we will then have three goalkeepers."

Kello is in line to make his debut in today's clash against St Mirren and is aware of the flak that is flying.

However, the Slovak star is adamant he is here for his own reasons and looking to forge a career in Scotland.

Kello wants to move on to bigger things and believes his performance in the Champions League win over Rangers played a part.

He said: "I don't know what happened with him (Banks) and it's not a question for me. It's his problem.

"I wanted to come here and I worked for this moment all of this year. I knew if I played good against Rangers I'd have a chance to come here. I was thinking of this.

"I'm not sure if all players from Kaunas look to Hearts but many do and have targets.

"I want to be in Europe with Hearts and we can do that. I am ready for the coach. It's not my decision. Jamie played well in the last game."

I like the way Csaba handled the feckers.

Say what you like about Banksgate, but to be honest what Csaba says is right. He wouldn't hound a journalist over why his Editor decided to go with the dead donkey story would he. FWIW I think it was a joint decision. Maybe Banks isn't happy but frankly he lacks the experience and quals to coach the first team at this stage.

I didn't read the Daily ****** during the Rangers in turmoil stuff. Did they mercilessly hound Walter Smith about Murray's influence?

winston churchill

i've just watched the full interview on hearts tv.

they are a shower of rats.

nice try having a wee go at kello ,you could hear the disappointment in their voices when they found out by the manager he ment his agent.

NO ONE LIKES US.............WE DONT CARE.

I like the way Csaba handled the feckers.

Say what you like about Banksgate, but to be honest what Csaba says is right. He wouldn't hound a journalist over why his Editor decided to go with the dead donkey story would he. FWIW I think it was a joint decision. Maybe Banks isn't happy but frankly he lacks the experience and quals to coach the first team at this stage.

I didn't read the Daily ****** during the Rangers in turmoil stuff. Did they mercilessly hound Walter Smith about Murray's influence?

I agree with your points but I still think they've twisted the P.C. slightly TBH. No mention of the fact that we didn't have a youth team goalkeeper and Csaba unsurprisingly wants one.

And the whole "Csaba's getting angry" stuff was due to the numbskull press asking the same questions over and over despite Csaba giving full answers and asking barely anything about St Mirren. He was clearly getting wound up with them despite trying to laugh a lot of it off.

The whole P.C. really annoyed me though. The press are thick as ****. First question for Kello, "So have you spoken to any of your countrymen who are already at the club... oh wait, you're Slovakian aren't you? Have you spoken to any of the other Kaunas players?"

:confused:

Archived