Obua to take free kicks and pens!

Guest mussy mike

Guest mussy mike

i've been told that obua is to take the free kicks for us and penalties when he's playing. if he's no playing, it's kingston or stewart to take them. just thought i'd let yous know!

Guest jambomickey
i've been told that obua is to take the free kicks for us and penalties when he's playing. if he's no playing, it's kingston or stewart to take them. just thought i'd let yous know!

well it won't be tommorow because at best he'll be on the bench

Guest mussy mike
Corners as well.................jumpers for goal posts?

i was in the hearts shop today when obua walked in because hearts were getting their team photo today and csaba was the one who said obua would take the free kicks! And csaba must have a lot of faith in him if he's trusting him to take the pens and free kicks!

Charlie-Brown
i was in the hearts shop today when obua walked in because hearts were getting their team photo today and csaba was the one who said obua would take the free kicks! And csaba must have a lot of faith in him if he's trusting him to take the pens and free kicks!

Alternatively he's managed Obua for 2+ years and seen his free kicks & pens....he's also seen the 'quality' of Larry & Mikey's inconsistent deliveries.....:rolleyes:

Corners as well.................jumpers for goal posts?

Apparently he's going to call heads or tails when the coin's tossed too. I can't wait to see this wonder man.

rudi must stay

you could be right, it does seems from the Hearts site anyway that he'll start imo

Guest jambomickey
How do you know this?

because i was at training this morning and the team i predict will be macdonald, thomson, berra, zaliukas, wallace, stewart, kingston, karipidis, driver, ksanavicius, mole

Dr. Bapswent
Alternatively he's managed Obua for 2+ years and seen his free kicks & pens....he's also seen the 'quality' of Larry & Mikey's inconsistent deliveries.....:rolleyes:

Csaba announced this information in the Hearts shop?

Why would he tell anyone in public?

siegementality

Csaba announced to everyone in the Hearts shop that Obua would be taking the free kicks?

because i was at training this morning and the team i predict will be macdonald, thomson, berra, zaliukas, wallace, stewart, kingston, karipidis, driver, ksanavicius, mole

While it's a good indicator, you can hardly say with certainty that he won't be starting.

Guest jambomickey
you could be right, it does seems from the Hearts site anyway that he'll start imo

all i'm saying is the set up i seen with my own eyes ar riccarton this morning didn't involve him starting mate

Charlie-Brown

I agree the story stretches credulity however even assuming it was true then Csaba knows a lot more about obua than kingston or stewart - there was youtube stuff with obua taking pens & freekicks was there not? :)

Guest jambomickey
While it's a good indicator, you can hardly say with certainty that he won't be starting.

as i say mate i'm only saying what i seen with my own eyes this morning! the german assistant manager was working with jamie macdonald and the defenders and csaba was working with the midfield and forwards

rudi must stay
all i'm saying is the set up i seen with my own eyes ar riccarton this morning didn't involve him starting mate

fair enough then, any shocks in the team?

alwaysthereinspirit

Every free kick? He'll be knackered.

Guest jambomickey
fair enough then, any shocks in the team?

no mate! the same team as last week, as i say the german assistant manager was working with the goalkeeper and defence and csaba was working with the midfielders and forwards

LarrysRightFoot

I cannot believe with Ruben avaliable they would play Karipidis in midfield! If they are trying to train him for a new position it should be as a right back!

As for the front two, the sooner Tullberg (if he is any good) and Nade are fit and avaliable the better! Also hopefully Glen isnt to far away from full match fitness. Having said this i quite like Jamie Mole but he just never looks like scoring (fingers crossed that changes tmrw).

Captain Lithuania
Apparently he's going to call heads or tails when the coin's tossed too. I can't wait to see this wonder man.

Wow!! He picking the team too?!

I cannot believe with Ruben avaliable they would play Karipidis in midfield! If they are trying to train him for a new position it should be as a right back!

As for the front two, the sooner Tullberg (if he is any good) and Nade are fit and avaliable the better! Also hopefully Glen isnt to far away from full match fitness. Having said this i quite like Jamie Mole but he just never looks like scoring (fingers crossed that changes tmrw).

Mole's worked really hard in both games so far this season. He's not looked like scoring because he's hardly received a pass in on goal. Hopefully tomorrow he gets a shot at goal! I think a goal or too would be a massive boost to his confidence & he may go on & prove to be a player for us.

Jambof3tornado
Mole's worked really hard in both games so far this season. He's not looked like scoring because he's hardly received a pass in on goal. Hopefully tomorrow he gets a shot at goal! I think a goal or too would be a massive boost to his confidence & he may go on & prove to be a player for us.

Had Driver delivered V murderwell Mole would surely have scored. I agree that a goal or 2 and Jamie will be up in confidence and will look twice the player.

I take you were you there when the fax machine went off?

no mate! the same team as last week, as i say the german assistant manager was working with the goalkeeper and defence and csaba was working with the midfielders and forwards

Who was Obua working with?

I reckon he's worth a fiver each way for first goal.

Ray Winstone

Im sticking a couple of quid on Obua first to score and then a cheeky couple of quid on Dormon just incase!

the boy mabe just asked him the question why do you alwyas have a smartarse reply to everything why couldn't Shabba have said it in the shop to a supporter are managers not allowed to say things like that these days wot a joke!!!!!! me I think it's cool that Obua is going to be taking the kicks extc. because Shabba knows him already and will know what he can do so hopefully it means better for us.

I have a feeling this guy is going to be a star.something tells me.........:)

U know, I have the exact same feeling. Fingers crossed. Just get him in their instead of Audrey and i'll be happy!!

I take you were you there when the fax machine went off?

Is this a game of who can right off the op the best???

come on boys, you're behaving like lady bits.

If anyone was at the open Training Session at Tynie it wasn't hard to see that Csaba wasn't exactly impressed with the delivery from out wide in some of the training exercises (it was pathetic tbh). In fact, he even took over and started firing some crosses in himself.

No surprise to hear that someone he already knows delivers a good ball will be taking them from now on.

Who's saying we'll even get a penalty or free kick?

I know Csaba's made us all optimistic, but getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves are we not :cool:

Chad Sexington

I sincerely hope Obua does start taking them.

We haven't had a decent set piece taker since Hartley left.

I sincerely hope Obua does start taking them.

We haven't had a decent set piece taker since Hartley left.

I actually think we have not had anyone decent to get on the end of our freekicks/corners. We have had loads of decent balls in the box with no one willing to attack them. Hopefully the big dane is the man to change this.

What's a Hearts penalty?

I thought that was when we gave lots of cash to the GFA to pay the linesmens new pay rise, have the bigot brothers stopped paying them direct and wheres the evidence

Chad Sexington
I actually think we have not had anyone decent to get on the end of our freekicks/corners. We have had loads of decent balls in the box with no one willing to attack them. Hopefully the big dane is the man to change this.

I must have missed them mate. :)

All I seem to see is Larry or Mikey ballooning shots over the bar or over hitting crosses from good positions.

We've been shocking in that department IMO.

I must have missed them mate. :)

All I seem to see is Larry or Mikey ballooning shots over the bar or over hitting crosses from good positions.

We've been shocking in that department IMO.

Maybe you were getting a pie ? ;)

I think poor forwards can make decent balls look terrible and that has been a huge problem for us. Seriously over the last year if we stuck decent balls in the box who is going to attack them ? Clum, audrey, and mole. Even Velicka didn't score many(if any) with heis head :confused:

Charlie-Brown
Maybe you were getting a pie ? ;)

I think poor forwards can make decent balls look terrible and that has been a huge problem for us. Seriously over the last year if we stuck decent balls in the box who is going to attack them ? Clum, audrey, and mole. Even Velicka didn't score many(if any) with heis head :confused:

Velicka scored at Ibrox from a Driver free kick and also the winner in the last derby game with headers.

I have to say I was very very impressed with the quality of all the free kicks, corners and penalties that he took today.

Hopefully the OP can continue to give us valuable advance info about Hearts tactics.

Susie-Jambo-66
I have to say I was very very impressed with the quality of all the free kicks, corners and penalties that he took today.

Hopefully the OP can continue to give us valuable advance info about Hearts tactics.

You are indeed a real d**k at times.

The OP statement regarding Obua taking the free kicks and pens is spot on.

At the meeting that the Federation Of Hearts Supporters Clubs had with Csaba Laszlo, he stated that indeed Obua would be taking the freekicks and pens if he was playing.

So its not the OP fault that this does not happen.

Try and stop being so pathetic for a wee while.

Archived