I was at the tattoo last night...

Therapist

Great show. Congratulations to all the performers, it was a great spectacle.

Everyone should go to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo at least once. It is indeed a great spectacle.

I was lucky enough to have been a few years ago when the US Marine Corps silent drill team where there.

So was, but I got absolutely drenched. Real shame as I had been looking forward to it for months.

I take it you were in the East stand in the VIP section? ;)

I take it you were in the East stand in the VIP section? ;)

Yes. My wife's company was doing some client entertainment. Drinks reception and dinner in the Queen Anne Room before the entertainment. Damn nice it was too.

Don't know about you, but I thought it must have been a bit disheartening for the performers to see so many people walking out during the performance. Even more disappointing that many of them did so at particularly poignant parts when we were paying tribute to those that gave their lives in the service of the country.

Incidentally, how good were the Norwegian King's Guard? :eek:

Yes. My wife's company was doing some client entertainment. Drinks reception and dinner in the Queen Anne Room before the entertainment. Damn nice it was too.

Don't know about you, but I thought it must have been a bit disheartening for the performers to see so many people walking out during the performance. Even more disappointing that many of them did so at particularly poignant parts when we were paying tribute to those that gave their lives in the service of the country.

Incidentally, how good were the Norwegian King's Guard? :eek:

Absolutely brilliant. I stood next to one before the start and he must have been 6'6". Was Joan Rivers in your company. I saw her getting her pictures done before it started.

Was Joan Rivers in your company. I saw her getting her pictures done before it started.

No. Didn't see her at all.

I was at this years as well, a week or so ago, On surely one of the only dry nights!?

It was indeed a great show. Still previous years have been better. I prefer the international acts to be more exotic, although america and norways bands were very good.

It was indeed a great show. Still previous years have been better. I prefer the international acts to be more exotic, although america and norways bands were very good.

I wasn't that impressed with the American band.

But we did have a band from India, a band for Singapore,with some beautiful ladies and a band from Nepal.

By exotic did you mean the fantasy bar type acts? :)

I wasn't that impressed with the American band.

They didn't half look bulky compared to the other bands that took part. :eek:

Archived