2009 BA flight prices to florida slashed

robbies-tackle

robbies-tackle

British Airways have just reduced their flight prices for next summer. They are currently at the price I paid for this years flights. I booked yesterday(flying from Edinburgh to Tampa) and saved ?1120 on the price quoted last week. Also if you book through BA holidays as a flydrive you only have to pay a ?100 per person deposit and the balance in April. Great deal.

loveofthegame

What price are you looking at roughly pp mate?! My family have been talking about making the trip to Florida next week so this is v interesting.

Oh and sorry to sound stupid but what does 'book by flydrive' mean?!

You get the flight and car hire, no accommodation though.

For the record the summer is the worse time possible to go to Florida IMO.

loveofthegame

Cheers mate- so its basically a deposit on flight and carhire?!

robbies-tackle
What price are you looking at roughly pp mate?! My family have been talking about making the trip to Florida next week so this is v interesting.

?1951 for 4 adult tickets departing Edinburgh 27th June for 16 nights. Plus car hire ?326. Villa will be around ?700. So total for family of 4 is around ?3100 flying from Edinburgh. This is excellent when you see the prices quoted by travel agents for a family of 4 in a cr@p hotel (our kids are 12 and 14) during school holidays.

Summer would not be my first choice for a Florida holiday (November is much better), but we are tied to school holidays). However we have gone every July for the last 6 years and have always found it ok. Queues in the parks are fine if you go early in the morning. Most queues for rides are only 10 minutes and its the same in the evenings, just avoid the middle of the day as wait times an go up to an hour.

We spent this summer in the Tampa bay area this year and most days the temperature never went over 86F. Just the odd rain shower.

joe kickass2

For the record the summer is the worse time possible to go to Florida IMO.

Been during Spring Break? Did once. My favourite time is February although not now kids are at school.

?1951 for 4 adult tickets departing Edinburgh 27th June for 16 nights. Plus car hire ?326. Villa will be around ?700. So total for family of 4 is around ?3100 flying from Edinburgh. This is excellent when you see the prices quoted by travel agents for a family of 4 in a cr@p hotel (our kids are 12 and 14) during school holidays.

Summer would not be my first choice for a Florida holiday (November is much better), but we are tied to school holidays). However we have gone every July for the last 6 years and have always found it ok. Queues in the parks are fine if you go early in the morning. Most queues for rides are only 10 minutes and its the same in the evenings, just avoid the middle of the day as wait times an go up to an hour.

We spent this summer in the Tampa bay area this year and most days the temperature never went over 86F. Just the odd rain shower.

Floridas getting a bit more than the odd rain shower this week :)

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm6/floater4_large_animated.html?from=36hr_tropWx_golf

Floridas getting a bit more than the odd rain shower this week :)

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm6/floater4_large_animated.html?from=36hr_tropWx_golf

Beats me Rab why people want to go to Florida year after year. I dare say Disney is the attraction, but standing in queues for hours in the hot humidity is not for me.

Last time I was in the States I spent a ten days in Illinois and 8 days in Wyoming. The weather was outstanding in both states. We nipped up to the six flags theme park, got half price entry through coca cola tokens and had a great day. Hardly a queue and great rides.

Wyoming scenery is to die for. Everybody must visit Yellowstone before they die, or it erupts, whichever comes first.

jambos are go!

Dont think ?500 a head return is great value to be honest - particularly if you have to go south for a connection. Get a charter from Scotland.

alwaysthereinspirit

October is a fun time in Disney. Every night is Trick or Treat and every third night they have the Halloween parade.

I love Disney.

joe kickass2
October is a fun time in Disney. Every night is Trick or Treat and every third night they have the Halloween parade.

I love Disney.

Ever stayed in WDW hotels? No place like it. Love the place.

Robbos Right Peg
Dont think ?500 a head return is great value to be honest - particularly if you have to go south for a connection. Get a charter from Scotland.

Paid ?350 to fly with Continental to Tampa from Edinburgh next week. 500 notes to return via London is not blowing my kilt up either

I love Disney.

I was there in October last year and it was fab, the Yanks really go in for Halloween and as with most things Disney try to do it bigger and better.

Kids loved it, the weather was good not too hot and the queues weren't as bad as in the summer, the best way is definatelty get there early doors though, get fast pass on the ride you want then go jump on some others till the time.:)

robbies-tackle
Paid ?350 to fly with Continental to Tampa from Edinburgh next week. 500 notes to return via London is not blowing my kilt up either

I know ?350 is an excellent price but the schools are back now, prices are always lower then.

Regarding charter flights from Glasgow, the cheapest I could get for next summer was ?2580 with Globespan and I would have to park the car at the airport for over two weeks. Virgin was over ?3000 and only for 14 nights. BA also has a luggage allowance of 2 x 23kg per person plus golf clubs free of charge. Luggage is also checked straight through to your destination, unlike if you travel with Continental or Delta.

alwaysthereinspirit
Ever stayed in WDW hotels? No place like it. Love the place.

We've stayed at

All Star Sports (crap)

Caribean Beach

Both hotels at Port Orleans

The Boardwalk.

Next year we want to do the Animal Kingdom hotel.

Thing I love about Disney is once you pass through the gates everyone you see is on vaccation and walking around with a big cheesy smile.

Brainwashed by Walt I'm sure.

3 years ago we went to "Mikey's not so scary Halloween Party" in Florida, my kids were 12 & 9 then, and they thought it was ok but they would rather have went to Universal's Halloween party.

We went there during the day and they were setting it all up. As we were leaving the party people were arriving, they looked like a queue at a needle exchange at Fester Road. Really scary. I glad we went to disney as I'm a big Jessie

joe kickass2
We've stayed at

All Star Sports (crap)

Caribean Beach

Both hotels at Port Orleans

The Boardwalk.

Next year we want to do the Animal Kingdom hotel.

Thing I love about Disney is once you pass through the gates everyone you see is on vaccation and walking around with a big cheesy smile.

Brainwashed by Walt I'm sure.

Stay usually at the yacht and beachclub (which is where Eisner used to stay apparently) but have tried the boardwalk which was 1st class (love the bakery and Spoodles). We tried the Polynesian once for a few days as a stop gap but wouldn't advise as its very expensive for the seventies decor.

Our family now has expanded past maximum capacity for normal rooms so will have to look at options.

The Animal Kingdom hotel is their first new hotel in years and sounds brilliant. Puts me in a good mood thinking about it, cheesy smile at the ready!:cheese:

alwaysthereinspirit
Stay usually at the yacht and beachclub (which is where Eisner used to stay apparently) but have tried the boardwalk which was 1st class (love the bakery and Spoodles). We tried the Polynesian once for a few days as a stop gap but wouldn't advise as its very expensive for the seventies decor.

Our family now has expanded past maximum capacity for normal rooms so will have to look at options.

The Animal Kingdom hotel is their first new hotel in years and sounds brilliant. Puts me in a good mood thinking about it, cheesy smile at the ready!:cheese:

Manager at Boardwalk told us that the man made lake around the Boardwalk was dug out and stocked with fish more than 30 years ahead of the hotel. Walt obviously was a man with a plan.

Archived