Verve - Forth

Sherlock

Despite not being released until Monday, a colleague gave me a copy of the new album yesterday (i think from a torrent site?).

First listen last night but was quite impressed. More on a par with A Northern Soul rather than Urban Hymns.

It also had a couple of extra tracks that don't appear to be going on the released version... Mover & Chic Dub.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Despite not being released until Monday, a colleague gave me a copy of the new album yesterday (i think from a torrent site?).

First listen last night but was quite impressed. More on a par with A Northern Soul rather than Urban Hymns.

It also had a couple of extra tracks that don't appear to be going on the released version... Mover & Chic Dub.

I downloaded it from Mininova last week. Only really listened to it a couple of times all the way through, but so far have been quite impressed.

Got it myself on a download last week. Will still buy a copy next monday when it "officially" comes out. My initial thoughts are its not as good as previous outings. Some overblown and overly long wguitar work outs and the lyrics dont hit me the same way that previous albums have. Most tracks over 5 to 6 minutes long. Still though much better than most albums coming out today in my humble opinion.

So it is a better lp than Urban Hymns.;)

Listened to most of it, up to and including the excellent Columbo, but not had a chance to finish it. When the wee man wakes up I shall listen to the last song.

Btw, Legend, do you still want the Primal's album?

Listened to most of it, up to and including the excellent Columbo, but not had a chance to finish it. When the wee man wakes up I shall listen to the last song.

Btw, Legend, do you still want the Primal's album?

Thanks but it's OK mate.

The wee hun in the office downloaded Beautiful Future for me as well.

Cheers anyway. :thumb:

Archived