Obua

Cliffundo

good news !!

Hope he plays just behind striker/strikers and not wasted at left back imo

Looking forward to seeing him.

Jambof3tornado

he wont be wasted at left back,left backs are allowed to move forwards,its just not something we see much at Hearts!!

Great news - I just hope some folk temper their expectations from this lad as no-one actually knows how good he is. I am sure he will do well though, and I'm delighted he looks set to have his chance tomorrow.

:)

He's gonna score with his first shot from about 30 yards. I reckon he's a player who'll be on the same wavelength as Laryea so hopefully these two will be good together.

he wont be wasted at left back,left backs are allowed to move forwards,its just not something we see much at Hearts!!

still rather see him playing much further forward and leave wallace where he is

Broxburn Jambo
It has to be Audrey or Wallace.

Kingston behind Striker

Driver to RMF

Obua to LMF

Thoughts?

still rather see him playing much further forward and leave wallace where he is

Wallace is going to leak goals at one end, Obua might create or score some at the other end.

Csaba will have to figure out which he needs or wants more.

rossthejambo
Kingston behind Striker

Driver to RMF

Obua to LMF

Thoughts?

thats where i'd like larry to play but i dont think driver would be too good on the right hand side tbh. think obua behind mole might be more like it

Kingston behind Striker

Driver to RMF

Obua to LMF

Thoughts?

I like that idea, not sure how Driver will do on the right but we won't know till we try I guess.

heartsfc_fan

or how about...

--------------Mole------------------

-----Obua------------Kingston-----

---Driver----Stewart-----Cesnauskis----

Attacking ;)

Kingston behind Striker

Driver to RMF

Obua to LMF

Thoughts?

Kingston behind Striker.

Obua to left back.

Chesney and Driver left and right mid.

Audrey and Wallace in the stand. :)

Broxburn Jambo
or how about...

Attacking ;)

a bit narrow!

Kingston behind Striker.

Obua to left back.

Chesney and Driver left and right mid.

Audrey and Wallace in the stand. :)

I'd take that!

:)

Driver terrorised Celtic at Parkhead playing on the right side, he likes to cut in and shoot or cross with his left. I'd take Driver on the right, Ches on the left. Obua just behind the striker/s. I don't think i'd want to throw him in at left back until he's got used to the pace of the game, maybe a bit risky...

I got the kids a Cranes flag to welcome Obua, I was going to let them drape it over the side of the balcony so he could see it when he is motoring up and down the left flank ;)....how do people get the flags to stay there without them blowing away?....dont want the kids to have to stand there like lemons holding it :)

or how about...

Attacking ;)

Yikes! Reminds me of the old Terry Vegetables 'Xmas tree' formation. 'Cept Mole is no Alan Shearer.

or how about...

Attacking ;)

Neither driver or Ches are central midfielders though?

Maybe we should drop "the great Larry Kingston" for Obua. Larry should learn that football is a team game instead of trying to be a one man show. No doubt I will be shot down for saying this but I feel he is one of the most over rated players that we have at Tynecastle!

Maybe we should drop "the great Larry Kingston" for Obua. Larry should learn that football is a team game instead of trying to be a one man show. No doubt I will be shot down for saying this but I feel he is one of the most over rated players that we have at Tynecastle!

yes and no

he cant be over-rated as he does possess the abilty to be the best player in the spl on his day, however his attitude and commitment need a serious shaking (i seem to think larry plays better when he gets wound up by an opponent, like the left back in the hull game)

Broxburn Jambo

Not the worst idea!!!!

Jambof3tornado
Wallace is going to leak goals at one end, Obua might create or score some at the other end.

Csaba will have to figure out which he needs or wants more.

It could be a nervy season if Csaba has the attitude that we will leak goals,but will just have to make sure we score more than they do.

Wallace needs dropped,Obua can fill in for him.May even do Lee good to have decent competition for his starting place,as he has looked complacent since the friendly at Dunfy.

Kingston behind Striker

Driver to RMF

Obua to LMF

Thoughts?

Sounds good. I think Driver has his best games on the right and I'd prefer Obua to be played further forward. I suggested on Sunday dropping Wallace and playing Ruben at LB too...

Yikes! Reminds me of the old Terry Vegetables 'Xmas tree' formation. 'Cept Mole is no Alan Shearer.

I think that the player that Mole should be modelling his game on is Kevin Davies of Blackburn. He is expert at making things very difficult for defenders. Mole seems to have the size and aggression to play in a similar way.

It could be a nervy season if Csaba has the attitude that we will leak goals,but will just have to make sure we score more than they do.

Wallace needs dropped,Obua can fill in for him.May even do Lee good to have decent competition for his starting place,as he has looked complacent since the friendly at Dunfy.

He's always looked complacent, just the way he plays. Think Wallace needs to be playing, he's still young and will hopefully improve under Csaba.

Straight swap for Obua and Audrey would be good.....

willie wallace

Couple of interesting stories about Obua on the Kaiser Chiefs website.One of them towards the end of last season has Obua denying reports that he wants to leave Chiefs due to the politics at the club[out of the frying pan?]and on a brighter note how one of his goals was a contender for goal of the season.

Slightly worrying was the fact that he only started 8 league games last season,not sure if he was injured.

http://www.kaizerchiefs.com/default.asp?AID=250720 or

Ray Winstone
God I hope Wallace drops out he is a accident waiting to happen every time he is involved in play.

Wallace is fine where he is just now.

However he would be better employed in central midfield.

As some have said it will probably be Obua for Audrey providing the reports of his injury are accurate.

My prediction is same team as last week but with Kingston in the hole, Audrey on the bench, Obua in Kingstons position. Also a differeny goalie

Graham Thomson

God i could not agree more, well said........

The Chinchilla
Wallace is fine where he is just now.

However he would be better employed in central midfield.

As some have said it will probably be Obua for Audrey providing the reports of his injury are accurate.

I've popped a few quid on him to score first at 16/1. If he's playing in the hole those are great odds (Ladbrokes.com). If he's playing at left back then that's ?3 gone!! Oh well!

Hearts of Vladland
I've popped a few quid on him to score first at 16/1. If he's playing in the hole those are great odds (Ladbrokes.com). If he's playing at left back then that's ?3 gone!! Oh well!

Hearts are doe a penelty :rolleyes:

Something's telling me that those already creaming their boxers over Obua without even having seen him play may be in for a rude awakening. :o

Drylaw Hearts
Something's telling me that those already creaming their boxers over Obua without even having seen him play may be in for a rude awakening. :o

Are you suggesting Obua is not as good as as the people who haven't seen him play think he is ?

I hope you are wrong, as I am sure you do, but it is a concern.

The hype over the boy is a bit much. Most of us have never seen him play.

Let's just back him and hope he does well. Even if he doesn't have a great debut, it doesn't mean he's cack.

Remember Ricardo Fuller falling over the ball at Easter Road, he looked murder but turned out great.

good news !!

Hope he plays just behind striker/strikers and not wasted at left back imo

Looking forward to seeing him.

Was Fyssas wasted at left back?

He should play in whatever his strongest position is.

Archived