Press Conference!

Cliffundo

Will todays pre-match press conference finally put to bed the rumours that Vlad has demoted Steve banks because he can not trust him .... or, will the press conference add fuel to the fire?

I expect a pre-rehersed script be in place and shabba will toe the party line.

Not saying shabba will do this because he is a puppet, more to do with the fact he never saw banks as number one, as he stated several times and also the fact that this is not as big of a problem for shabba as it is for Steve Banks.

Imo, shabba will want to keep unity within the sqaud and will point this out to the players that he allready stated Steve banks was never going to be number one.

Would be good get this one put to bed and concentrate on the game tomorow with the whole sqaud "together"

loveofthegame
Will todays pre-match press conference finally put to bed the rumours that Vlad has demoted Steve banks because he can not trust him .... or, will the press conference add fuel to the fire?

Not saying shabba will do this because he is a puppet, more to do with the fact he never saw banks as number one, as he stated several times and also the fact that this is not as big of a problem for shabba as it is for Steve Banks.

Imo, shabba will want to keep unity within the sqaud and will point this out to the players that he allready stated Steve banks was never going to be number one.

Would be good get this one put to bed and concentrate on the game tomorow with the whole sqaud "together"

I doubt it beacause I do not believe these are just rumours. I believe that he has been demoted, or certainly Vlad has attempted to demote him.

No doubt Csaba will come out with some pre-rehearsed pish though(not a go at Csaba he'll be under strict instruction on the response to give to any Banks-esque questions)

I doubt it beacause I do not believe these are just rumours. I believe that he has been demoted, or certainly Vlad has attempted to demote him.

No doubt Csaba will come out with some pre-rehearsed pish though( not a go at Csaba he'll be under strict instruction on the response to give to any Banks-esque questions )

Thats how I see it too, others will no doubt say he is a puppet. Imo, there is a fine line and as long as shabba picks the team and does the all the football related aspects of a managers job then I do not see this as being a puppet. I can live with the fact that Vlad pays the wages and will dictate who come and goes aslong is this is the last of the wild claims of destruction from within.

I believe not, if we do get answers and the answers suggest we have done nothing wrong, a lot of fans, and most journalists will not believe it.

Fozzyonthefence
I believe not, if we do get answers and the answers suggest we have done nothing wrong, a lot of fans, and most journalists will not believe it.

I agree. The only persion I want to hear from is Banks himself - but that won't happen & we know why. If Banks was agreeable to all of this we would have heard from him by now to quash all the rumours but we haven't.

I agree. The only persion I want to hear from is Banks himself - but that won't happen & we know why. If Banks was agreeable to all of this we would have heard from him by now to quash all the rumours but we haven't.

Equally, if he was hacked off, he would have spoken out.

Guest JamboRobbo
Thats how I see it too, others will no doubt say he is a puppet. Imo, there is a fine line and as long as shabba picks the team and does the all the football related aspects of a managers job then I do not see this as being a puppet. I can live with the fact that Vlad pays the wages and will dictate who come and goes aslong is this is the last of the wild claims of destruction from within.

I'm in rough agreement. there's little doubt Csaba will be told to toe the party line. I don't have a massive problem with that, over the smaller issues, so long as Csaba is getting his own way on the issues that really matter (e.g. picking the starting 11).

As always, time will tell...

alwaysthereinspirit

Has anyone on here been to training since the Banks story came out.

Has Banks been seen around Ricarton this week.

It was reported he showed up @ riccarton yestrday and was coaching the youths.

Charlie-Brown

It said in the herald today that banks returned to Riccarton yesterday to coach a dozen or so youngsters.

Does Banks have the coaching badges required? I would assume he will be on full pay and taking his first steps into the coaching world all be it at a lesser level but he has to start from somewhere. seem to remember a certain Craig Brewster coaching the Dunfermline Under 19's about 4 years ago and not long after was appointed manager of Inverness.

Does it really matter whether folk believe its demotion or not. The appointments have been made. Banks im sure will either stay put and learn or leave when his contract expires and know doubt with the coaching badges required paid from Romanov?

Win Win situation in my eyes for Banks. But thats just my View.

Ade

Why would that be??

Maybe because MadFud treats Fans and the Media like we're Stupid!!

I wouldn't believe the wee ^^^^ if he told me Christmas came every year on the same date!!

good. all banks can do right now is play the game.

he'll improve as a coach short term. he might be a bit late right now to get a move during this transfer window and Vlad might not let him go.

IMO - he can still play at top level and hasn't really let hearts down.

if he plays the game, keeps his head down he may find himself in demand as a coach elsewhere IMO or his agent will get him a move.

just to make it clear - i don't think he deserved to be treated this way.

good. all banks can do right now is play the game.

he'll improve as a coach short term and potentially get a move in January. he might be a bit late right now and Vlad might not let him go.

if he plays the game, he may find himself in demand as a coach elsewhere IMO.

just to make it clear - i don't think he deserved to be treated this way.

But is he really being treated unfairly??????

All you are hearing is the press stiring it. He aint got the coaching qualifications required and obviouly Hearts have decided to bring in a qualified coach all be it from lithuania.

Banks is still on full pay and will still be involved with the first team sqaud in some form. He gets his coaching badges and leaves when his contract expires if he so wishes. So has he actually lost out?

Its a pre-match press conference and that is exactly what we'll get.Answers on what is an important game and the squad available.Nothing on Banks etc. and I,for one,have no problem with that.

If,in the unlikely event,it is commented on,with the reasons given,it'll be a busy wee night on JKB.

All you are hearing is the press stiring it. He aint got the coaching qualifications required and obviouly Hearts have decided to bring in a qualified coach all be it from lithuania.

Banks is still on full pay and will still be involved with the first team sqaud in some form. He gets his coaching badges and leaves when his contract expires if he so wishes. So has he actually lost out?

Not forgetting he's getting paid plenty.

In his Player Profile on the 'fishul site, it states that he already has his qualifications.

In his Player Profile on the 'fishul site, it states that he already has his qualifications.

Ok but still doesnt mean that he can walk stright into a coaching role at the top level. Most coaches start at 19 age group and work up.

I don't really have a problem with Banks coaching the youths, he has no experience in coaching so can't take on the big job just yet. As long as he's on the same money as any previous agreement with guarantees on constant training towards a head keeper coach type job then I can't see him have any problems either.

If he said he wanted to still be No1, not a coach and Vlad went "nae chance" followed by his "he's a traitor" speech then I'd be hacked off too. Not because of the stopping of my playing career, just the way it was handled.

If Banks continues coaching the youths then there's no truth in the rumours, if he leaves with no apparent place to go then sure it's all true, if he's off to the hun then he is (of course) a traitor ;)

Walter Payton

First you suggest

Why would that be??

Maybe because MadFud treats Fans and the Media like we're Stupid!!

then you come away with

I wouldn't believe the wee ^^^^ if he told me Christmas came every year on the same date

If that's the case, I think Vlad's got every right to treat you like you're stupid. People have got every right to be wary of stuff that comes out of Hearts, but it's moronic to have pre-decided everything's going to be for the worse.

Article now on HW following todays press conference. I haven't posted the link because last time I tried I made a gareth of it. Banks is coming to the end of his playing career and a coaching role with the youths is seen as natural progression. Would also appear obvious - if it wasn't already - that JKB 'opinion' is used as a barometer of fan feeling.

Article now on HW following todays press conference. I haven't posted the link because last time I tried I made a gareth of it. Banks is coming to the end of his playing career and a coaching role with the youths is seen as natural progression. Would also appear obvious - if it wasn't already - that JKB 'opinion' is used as a barometer of fan feeling.

And it is laughable. 'Together', 'we made a decision', 'we don't look to the past', 'we have harmony'.

Perhaps Laszlo could have explained why he thought that a goalkeeper who was slowly finishing was his No 1, made no mistakes against Motherwell but then had to retire immediately. He is laughable.

Guest JamboRobbo
Ok but still doesnt mean that he can walk stright into a coaching role at the top level. Most coaches start at 19 age group and work up.

Which, if true, would be the question, why has he been first team goalie coach for about a year?

Walter Payton
And it is laughable. 'Together', 'we made a decision', 'we don't look to the past', 'we have harmony'.

Perhaps Laszlo could have explained why he thought that a goalkeeper who was slowly finishing was his No 1, made no mistakes against Motherwell but then had to retire immediately. He is laughable.

Were you at the game? I thought Banks could have done better at the first with his positioning (though the defenders were equally to blame) but I'd definitely have him handling the ball outside the box as quite a big mistake.

Were you at the game? I thought Banks could have done better at the first with his positioning (though the defenders were equally to blame) but I'd definitely have him handling the ball outside the box as quite a big mistake.

The first goal as I remember it was a tap in from a good ball across the box - only chance for Banks would have been if the ball had hit him. As for the outside the box, I meant to say no mistakes which cost us. And in any case given that the ref is sole arbiter - he didn't handle it outside the box!:)

I'm not a big fan of Banks, think he is a journeyman who has done a good job for us. But this stuff in the last week is a shame for him - and yet another piece of nonsense from the club including the new mouthpiece.

jamtartsandbees
Which, if true, would be the question, why has he been first team goalie coach for about a year?

Maybe because we had an under 19's manager as team manager.

proper manager different vision.

rudi must stay

handling the ball outside the box seems like a pretty big mistake to me. He also could have done abit better with their first goal

No doubt Csaba will come out with some pre-rehearsed pish though(not a go at Csaba he'll be under strict instruction on the response to give to any Banks-esque questions)

I think a lot of people (journalists and fans) are possibly putting two and two together and getting five (with understandable reasoning going on Vlad's previous actions). However, I think there is a very good chance that Csaba just doesn't fancy what he's seen from Banks since he came to the club. Personally I think Banks is a number two; I think he's a journeyman pro and not the first choice keeper, well not at Tynecastle anyway. I honestly think some people calling Csaba a puppet and the like is way over the top.

Don't get me wrong, although I hope the reported rant from Vlad didn't actually happen, nothing would surprise me about the man. That on the other hand doesn't mean it wasn't Csaba's belief that we needed to get a better goalkeper than Steve Banks!!!

I think a lot of people (journalists and fans) are possibly putting two and two together and getting five (with understandable reasoning going on Vlad's previous actions). However, I think there is a very good chance that Csaba just doesn't fancy what he's seen from Banks since he came to the club. Personally I think Banks is a number two; I think he's a journeyman pro and not the first choice keeper, well not at Tynecastle anyway. I honestly think some people calling Csaba a puppet and the like is way over the top.

Don't get me wrong, although I hope the reported rant from Vlad didn't actually happen, nothing would surprise me about the man. That on the other hand doesn't mean it wasn't Csaba's belief that we needed to get a better goalkeper than Steve Banks!!!

Been saying this at games since last season

I'm in rough agreement. there's little doubt Csaba will be told to toe the party line. I don't have a massive problem with that, over the smaller issues, so long as Csaba is getting his own way on the issues that really matter (e.g. picking the starting 11).

As always, time will tell...

I don't have any faith that Csaba is permitted to make anything other than the very minor decisions. Romanov cannot help but interfere. It'll never stop.

Every since the first goal against the Hobos on the opening day of last season, I have thought we needed better than Steve Banks.

siegementality
I don't really have a problem with Banks coaching the youths, he has no experience in coaching so can't take on the big job just yet. As long as he's on the same money as any previous agreement with guarantees on constant training towards a head keeper coach type job then I can't see him have any problems either.

If he said he wanted to still be No1, not a coach and Vlad went "nae chance" followed by his "he's a traitor" speech then I'd be hacked off too. Not because of the stopping of my playing career, just the way it was handled.

If Banks continues coaching the youths then there's no truth in the rumours, if he leaves with no apparent place to go then sure it's all true, if he's off to the hun then he is (of course) a traitor ;)

Banks coached the first team goalkeepers last season therefore he has experience.

Banks coached the first team goalkeepers last season therefore he has experience.

Ah but has he got this UEFA coaching badges? :ninja:

The press conference with Laszlo was pish, contant questions about Steven Banks and nothing about the game really. Csaba dealt with it well though. He is a bit nuts.

Kello's answers getting slightly twisted at the moment

Charlie-Brown

Stevie Frail coached the first team squad last season therefore he has experience too............

The Wicker Man

I liked Kellos answer

Journalist : - "Are you here on a loan"

Kello : - "No I'm here with my girlfriend"

:)

I liked Kellos answer

Journalist : - "Are you here on a loan"

Kello : - "No I'm here with my girlfriend"

:)

Is that for real?! :bravo:

Maybe he is here for the fringe!

Commander Harris
The press conference with Laszlo was pish, contant questions about Steven Banks and nothing about the game really. Csaba dealt with it well though. He is a bit nuts.

Kello's answers getting slightly twisted at the moment

poor chap, what a situation to be put in.

his english is obviously not the best, evidenced by his "girlfriend" answer, and he has to deal with that!

Does Banks have the coaching badges required? I would assume he will be on full pay and taking his first steps into the coaching world all be it at a lesser level but he has to start from somewhere. seem to remember a certain Craig Brewster coaching the Dunfermline Under 19's about 4 years ago and not long after was appointed manager of Inverness.

Does it really matter whether folk believe its demotion or not. The appointments have been made. Banks im sure will either stay put and learn or leave when his contract expires and know doubt with the coaching badges required paid from Romanov?

Win Win situation in my eyes for Banks. But thats just my View.

Ade

Steady on there tiger, what do you mean your view ?? When did your good lady let you have an opinion ?

The press were really going for the jugular on 'SteveBanksGate' with Csaba and Kello. Felt a bit sorry for Kello as his English, while decent, wasn't really up to dealing with the subtlties of the questions. Csaba did well though.

Looks like Balogh will definitely be here next week.

JamboRossi79

That conference was an absolute disgrace.

Just posted this on another thread, more apt here though.

I was embarrassed at the amount of times they tried to mention one issue after Csaba had clearly said it was finished. ****ing joke of a media. If I were Csaba I would have got up and said if you ain't going to ask mye about the match then interview over.

I'm watching the press conference on the website now and Csaba is awesome!

not one of his best interviews but as always very entertaining from the big man.

csaba, kello as well as all the players have been put under this press pressure by motor mouth romanov.

my message to romanov is keep the hell out of csaba's way and let him manage the team. give him the resources and support so we can all see if the man can deliver a winning team.

Archived