The Cup

JamboSean

Ray Winstone
Any one watch it on BBC2 just there? Nice wee dig at Romanov's interference.

We're famous you know. ;)

I just caught the end.

What was the dig?

Any one watch it on BBC2 just there? Nice wee dig at Romanov's interference.

We're famous you know. ;)

Any mention of hibs

;)

Missed it what was said ?

I just caught the end.

What was the dig?

Well the guy was talking to the chairman bird, trying to get his son a game. She was having none of it.

So, he said something along the lines of "You need a more continental approach, all chairmen interfere. Look at Abrahamovic or Romanov."

WorldChampions1902
I just caught the end.

What was the dig?

We are indeed famous..........or should that be 'infamous' as far as VR's notoriety is concerned?

The 'dig' as you put it was in relation to the parent of a player, trying to influence one of the committee members of a schoolboy/junior football team regarding team selection.

On a broader note regarding Vladimir Romanov and as someone living and working in England for the last 25 years, I can honestly say that the profile of Heart of Midlothian Football Club has never been greater.

It just goes to prove the saying that, "There is no such thing as bad publicity".

On a broader note regarding Vladimir Romanov and as someone living and working in England for the last 25 years, I can honestly say that the profile of Heart of Midlothian Football Club has never been greater.

It just goes to prove the saying that, "There is no such thing as bad publicity".

I'd agree with that, unfortunately unlike a short period at the start of the 05-06 season most of the comment is said in ridiculing terms now and rightly or wrongly as an example of what can happen with a foreign owner.

The cup is co-written by Moray Hunter.

A jambo im sure. :)

Aye but his sister Gloria supports one of the Old Firm, can't remember which one though.

Co-writer is Jack Doherty..... anyone remember Absolutely which they also wrote and starred in?

[quote=

I've also been down here in the South for about the same number of years and have never read anything postitve or negative about Hearts,infact ihear nothing of Hearts.So i find the statement strange.Most of my English friends and people in the pubs if talking about Hearts ask 1 question-What is going on with your club.:)

Dalstonjambo
We are indeed famous..........or should that be 'infamous' as far as VR's notoriety is concerned?

The 'dig' as you put it was in relation to the parent of a player, trying to influence one of the committee members of a schoolboy/junior football team regarding team selection.

I would agree in a sense.. all my mates know who we are now other than from my ramblings, and while we are more (in)famous than we have ever been, not sure I hear much positive. When people ask who I support, my response is usually met with, 'Oh the team with the mad russian one who picks the team?'

On a brighter note.. did give me the opportunity to let out a little cheer, and a chorus of 'Vladimir Romanov, what were you thinking of' at the tv, much to my gf's disgust!

Dalstonjambo

My old man reckons he's a jambo and he goes.. so hopefully a few more throughout the series

Seymour M Hersh
Well the guy was talking to the chairman bird, trying to get his son a game. She was having none of it.

So, he said something along the lines of "You need a more continental approach, all chairmen interfere. Look at Abrahamovic or Romanov."

Gawd what a dig!! Bet Romanov is still reeling from that one.:107years:

Goldstone Wonder

Moray Hunter is the brother of Wilson Hunter who is the MC on matchdays at the Gorgie Suite. Jack Docherty is a hobo.

Any mention of hibs

;)

Missed it what was said ?

Funny you should say that, i can confirm they never got a mention, i can think off 107 reasons why.

:508::508::508::508:

Moray Hunter is also in the picture of the crowd from 1998 cup final day. At

the Gorgie Road end of the Wheatfield stand.

I had a wee chortle to myself when I heard that, I must admit our mad vlads notoriety has certinaly got us noticed down south, when I say to my english colleagues that I'm a jambo they either mention us signing a whole new team in the January transfer window and or vlad they certainly know who Romanov is and that he an affection for meddling in the team affairs!!

They at least now realise there are more than the tic or the hun in Scotland!

I had a wee chortle to myself when I heard that, I must admit our mad vlads notoriety has certinaly got us noticed down south, when I say to my english colleagues that I'm a jambo they either mention us signing a whole new team in the January transfer window and or vlad they certainly know who Romanov is and that he an affection for meddling in the team affairs!!

They at least now realise there are more than the tic or the hun in Scotland!

100% agree and i'm down south also:sad:

Archived