Blame Culture

pupstersajambo

pupstersajambo

I've just watched the interview with Hugh Dallas outside Riccarton today and must say was very impressed. I've thought for long enough that we now live in a culture when it's always someone else that's at fault, never ourselves. American ideology which we've adopted I reckon. Dallas makes mention of this blame culture and he's spot on. As a parent of a P7 footballer, U13's, I've had to referee few matches and it's not an easy job. No matter how sure you are of a decision there will always be one side that says you're wrong and one that agrees with you, they can't both be right.

It's not only football where this blame culture applies to, it's society in general and maybe if we were more respectful of each other then we wouldn't be in the position we are now?

Now don't bother coming back with scenarios where one person got booked and another person didn't, it doesn't prove anything and doesn't go any way to resolving anything.

The Celtic fans will agree with Charlie Richmond RE Sunday.

Doesn't mean he was right.

I've just watched the interview with Hugh Dallas outside Riccarton today and must say was very impressed. I've thought for long enough that we now live in a culture when it's always someone else that's at fault, never ourselves. American ideology which we've adopted I reckon. Dallas makes mention of this blame culture and he's spot on. As a parent of a P7 footballer, U13's, I've had to referee few matches and it's not an easy job. No matter how sure you are of a decision there will always be one side that says you're wrong and one that agrees with you, they can't both be right.

It's not only football where this blame culture applies to, it's society in general and maybe if we were more respectful of each other then we wouldn't be in the position we are now?

Now don't bother coming back with scenarios where one person got booked and another person didn't, it doesn't prove anything and doesn't go any way to resolving anything.

that's all well and good,everyone makes mistakes.referee`s are human and so are supporters.but its not errors that people are concerned at,its the not admitting of clear mistakes and the obvious denying of clear penalties/fouls or even giving in the other direction where the refs have a clear view and that they tend to go in favour of 2 clubs in particular in the majority of the time.

if my employee is bad at his job he`d be shown the door or given an easier job as soon as its noticed,but refs seem to be guarranteed their jobs till the end of the season when their points are then looked at.by then they could in theory have caused a club/clubs untold damage in financial terms that they could never get back.

pupstersajambo
Hugh Dallas is a ****** of the highest order.

Ah, so close.... However, having failed to finish the statement with the word FACT, you lose!!

Ray Winstone
Ah, so close.... However, having failed to finish the statement with the word FACT, you lose!!

I put it in my signature to save me time.

Referees represent the blame culture quite well. It was never them and they only did what the linesmen told them to.

Kenny Clark's column in the Sun shows us how much of refereeing is about staying out of trouble as opposed to getting decisions correct.

Whilst this may be right for some decisions which are simple mistakes, for most of the decisions being complained about are not simple mistakes. In these cases the referees are to blame because they are either bottlers or cheating.

I bet your mistakes are not always in favour of the same two teams though.

Referees represent the blame culture quite well. It was never them and they only did what the linesmen told them to.

Kenny Clark's column in the Sun shows us how much of refereeing is about staying out of trouble as opposed to getting decisions correct.

Spot on!

It's people like you who make my life so miserable. GTF. :hobofish:

pupstersajambo
It's people like you who make my life so miserable. GTF. :hobofish:

A touch tetchy for this time in the morning, one too many last night? Or are you actually in Melbourne? If so, started a bit early haven't you.

Save the insults, watch the video on Hearts TV, come back with grown up response. :hobofish:

Broxburn Jambo

It's all about levels of skill, when you ref kids you don't get paid 800 quid so you are doing the best you can. I would expect the ref at a Sunday Amateur game to ref at the level he is but to many top grade refs are failing to keep to the standards they should be at.

Are you trying to bully people into accepting your views as correct?

Did Dallas say why the OF nearly always get weegie refs in key games? Dallas can spout all the *****e he wants but until we have totally neutral refs, I'll never believe anything he. or you, say on the matter.

ALL Referee's are Puppets to the GFA, They inturn are Under the Rule of the Bigot Brothers...The only mistakes that happen, Happen in FAVOUR of the

S C U M from the weeg, Who makes the MISTAKES??? The Cheating P**** in Black, who are PAID by the S C U M from the Weeg...:mad:

It's been this way for over 100 years and will continue to do so until FIFA/UEFA get involved the way they did in Italy/Germany etc... Why is it possible for these countries to have "Bent" Referee's BUT, NO WAY would that happen here in Scotland, It's all just Honest Human Error!!

Mabaws!! :mad:

Rant Over...For Now!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
A touch tetchy for this time in the morning, one too many last night? Or are you actually in Melbourne? If so, started a bit early haven't you.

Save the insults, watch the video on Hearts TV, come back with grown up response. :hobofish:

Melbourne is currently 9 hours ahead! Do the math!

Always had respect for Dallas until a certain incident involving him and Mr Davis. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Seymour M Hersh
I bet your mistakes are not always in favour of the same two teams though.

And there's the rub. The "mistakes" somehow always seem to benefit two Glasgow teams and imo the only evening out over the season is for the ugly sisters to have the same number of beneficial decisions.

GFA/OF GTF!:slither:

Rudolf's Mate

Don't really care what Dallas has to say. The decissions speak for themselves and it aint no coincidence that the ugly sisters get away with murder!!!

Broxburn Jambo

The real problem is that the refs answer to no one for anything they do wrong

a refs committee run by McVicar assisted by Dallas, and a Football Association run from behind the scenes by two clubs for their own benefit.

This blame culture thing is all Vlads fault. ;)

Don't you believe it - the "blame culture" as you put it has been here for years. Vlad has only really voiced what many all over Scotland have actually been thinking and saying privately for years.

Bent refereeing that favours the old firm is nothing new in the 1960's we had Davidson and Willie Syme who consistently gave inexplicable decisions the way of the old firm. Things haven't got any better - it's just that now with modern technology the cheating is there for all to see, it just makes the bias is all the more obvious.

I would love to see it stop, and despite Hugh Dallas trying to win over "hearts & minds" it would take a monumental change in the mid set of numerous people before it does. The Old Firm have too much to lose by having a level playing field, and although after all the who-ha over the last two weeks, I'm pretty sure that things will calm down for a while. Have no doubt the bias will re-appear.

Things ain't right, so let's blame .... a 'blame culture'.

Fantastic!

Utter nonsense!

Archived