a decent home record.....

Debut 4

Must be built on negotiating games like the forthcoming one on Saturday.

I didn`t want to make this thread a 4-5-1 bashing one, but aren`t you sick of seeing mediocre centre halves having plenty of time on the ball when they should be put under pressure and shown up for what they are?

I know Hearts are far from the finished article and there is a place for 4-5-1 in certain games, but FFS let`s pressure St Mirren in their own half Burley style and get at them.

Get two up and don`t let their defence settle. We have the talent in the midfield to provide and keep possession.

Too often we see the lone striker outnumbered and moves breakdown and there`s nothing more infuriating than seeing these teams come to Tynie or on their own patch for that matter, and have plenty time on the ball at the back.

No Eggo, i`ve not got my coaching badges.;)

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

I didn`t want to make this thread a 4-5-1 bashing one, but aren`t you sick of seeing mediocre centre halves having plenty of time on the ball when they should be put under pressure and shown up for what they are?

I know Hearts are far from the finished article and there is a place for 4-5-1 in certain games, but FFS let`s pressure St Mirren in their own half Burley style and get at them.

Get two up and don`t let their defence settle. We have the talent in the midfield to provide and keep possession.

Too often we see the lone striker outnumbered and moves breakdown and there`s nothing more infuriating than seeing these teams come to Tynie or on their own patch for that matter, and have plenty time on the ball at the back.

good post, agreed.

:P

We currently have a lack of decent fit strikers and Csaba is basically "making do".

Ksanavicius scored in the 'well game, Mole has looked lively in both games and the wingers have been driving at full backs.

I see no reason why we can't do this to St Mirren.

We currently have a lack of decent fit strikers and Csaba is basically "making do".

Ksanavicius scored in the 'well game, Mole has looked lively in both games and the wingers have been driving at full backs.

I see no reason why we can't do this to St Mirren.

I know, but with Hearts 4-5-1 can be a hit or miss.

If this is the "new Hearts " and we are seeing a mentally stronger Hearts team then fair enough, keep it the same, but i fear that if the midfield isn`t tuned in properly we will let St Midden have an easy ride.

Surely Tullberg must be close to fitness? If he is play him with Mole and even give Makela a place on the bench so we at least have a forward as cover. (i know he`s keech but he has to do for now!)

Clerry Jambo

Agree Debut - Hearst have generally down the years been fairly strong at home over the course of a season but we have been very soft in the last 2 years - games like Saturday are a must 3 points, and that is not disrespecting St Midden, but a must if we want to have a successful season and qualify fro Yoorup:p

I agree, Debut 4. I think Saturday is a key game. It's exactly the sort of match in which we failed to perform last season. This season: great start against Motherwell, points dropped at Ibrox (but nothing unusual in that), so another win would keep the ball rolling nicely.

J.T.F.Robertson
I agree, Debut 4. I think Saturday is a key game. It's exactly the sort of match in which we failed to perform last season. This season: great start against Motherwell, points dropped at Ibrox (but nothing unusual in that), so another win would keep the ball rolling nicely.

I watched a replay of the game last night and, apart from being almost completely toothless in the last third, thought we looked pretty good at times.

We knocked the ball around well, I thought. Just like hubz, I guess. :rolleyes:

Well, we won and im happy for that but still not convinced with 4-5-1 v mediocre sh i te.

Over 90 mins you could still say we had many opportunities to end the game but for long periods we just knocked the ball about with no conviction.

Hearts are a work in progress and i am enjoying Hearts new style but i hope Laszlo does enhance the team week to week and we eventually see a far more potent Hearts team in the future.

Archived