Softball

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

Why is this an olympic sport?

Also, what is the point in volleyball when we already have beach volleyball?

chester copperpot

I agree with you, but I think the actual volleyball stuff was about before the beach volleyball stuff.

Beach Volleyball is the shiz niz though, espec the wimmen's. ;)

Kalamazoo Jambo

The IOC voted in 2005 to drop softball from the 2012 Olympics.

So, unless the IOC changes its mind, softball isn't going to be an Olympic sport for much longer...

Sheriff Fatman
The IOC voted in 2005 to drop softball from the 2012 Olympics.

So, unless the IOC changes its mind, softball isn't going to be an Olympic sport for much longer...

Neither is baseball, as a guy I know said 'any game that can take up to a week and still end in a draw isn't a sport to me'.

I quite like softball. I live in Japan right enough...and Japan have reached the final. Looks like fun to play.

Lynn:slither:

Bert Le Clos

I would rather have 2 versions of a fast, exciting team sport than 5 or 6 versions of cycling, sailing, rowing, shooting etc.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Neither is baseball, as a guy I know said 'any game that can take up to a week and still end in a draw isn't a sport to me'.

Football :eek:

Surely you are confusing that with cricket as there are no draws in baseball..:rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

The stupidest olympic sport so far has to be the BMX Bike race. A bunch of wannabe kids from the ET movie going for gold. :confused:

Surely you are confusing that with cricket as there are no draws in baseball..:rolleyes:

You're wrong. In japanese baseball they never play more than 12 innings. The game will then be called a draw. In america they just keep playing until one team wins.

Lynn

I agree with you, but I think the actual volleyball stuff was about before the beach volleyball stuff.

Beach Volleyball is the shiz niz though, espec the wimmen's. ;)

Was even better this morning when it was lashing down with rain :cheese:

You're wrong. In japanese baseball they never play more than 12 innings. The game will then be called a draw. In america they just keep playing until one team wins.

Lynn

Slight semantics. The rules in the Olympics are basically the same as the US. No draws. Plus the poster said they play for a week. Do they do that anywhere?:rolleyes:

Sheriff Fatman
Slight semantics. The rules in the Olympics are basically the same as the US. No draws. Plus the poster said they play for a week. Do they do that anywhere?:rolleyes:

The World Series takes a week. Any how, baseball ia the most pointless and boring game in existance, even the one day games can end with a score of 1-0, cricket is the second most pointless and boring game but at least in that stuff actually happens.

The World Series takes a week. Any how, baseball ia the most pointless and boring game in existance, even the one day games can end with a score of 1-0, cricket is the second most pointless and boring game but at least in that stuff actually happens.

Thats because its a best of seven series!:rolleyes:

The games dont take anywhere near a day to complete. One game last week had a scoreline of 18-14. Most games have around 8 to 10 runs. Slightly more scoring than your average game of football....

tommythejambo

That was about cricket was it not?

This is softballs last year at the Olympics aswell.

Volleyball in the Olympics precedes beach volleyball by a long way. As the third biggest participant sport in the world - and an absolutely magnificent sport it is - it fully merits its place, especially since an Olympic medal is about the highest achievement in volleyball.

I wouldn't be at all bothered if they dropped the beach volleyball, though, along with some other faddish sports that have crept in.

Archived