Very squelchy out there

david mcgee

I walked across the grass in my back garden to put some things in the shed, the water was squelching out with every step.

I have seen it similar in the worst of Winter but this is August.

Its hosing down again and the forecast for tomorrow is worse, i am no expert but i imagine the water table will be unable to take much more.

Anybody living next to the water of Leith starting to get twitchy?

No me mate. But I know what you are saying. It's ****istant.

It's awful for cleaning the windaes as well.

The Mighty Thor
I walked across the grass in my back garden to put some things in the shed, the water was squelching out with every step.

I have seen it similar in the worst of Winter but this is August.

Its hosing down again and the forecast for tomorrow is worse, i am no expert but i imagine the water table will be unable to take much more.

Anybody living next to the water of Leith starting to get twitchy?

Apparently the wettest August for over a century.

The Mighty Thor
Meant to be golfing at Haddington on Saturday, I don't fancy our chances if it stays on like this :(

I would imagine Haddington will be closed mate. The stretch of holes next to the Tyne will probably be the new Tyne estuary.

The Old Tolbooth
I would imagine Haddington will be closed mate. The stretch of holes next to the Tyne will probably be the new Tyne estuary.

That's what I was worried about mate, it might just have to be a day on the pish at Tynie after all then, damn :P

The Mighty Thor
That's what I was worried about mate, it might just have to be a day on the pish at Tynie after all then, damn :P

I reckon you may well be. i play with guys that are members down there and they ain't getting much golf in at the mo.

I reckon you may well be. i play with guys that are members down there and they ain't getting much golf in at the mo.

What do you play?

The Mighty Thor
What do you play?

Golf (or a shoddy imitation thereof). I've got mates that are members there and at my home course.

Archived