Obua, where should he play?

Captain Lithuania

Where should David Obua play?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where should David Obua play?

• Left Back
    • Left Midfield
    • Attacking Midfielder
    • None, I don't want him to play at all.

Captain Lithuania

Okay, the last week or so some of on JKB have been debating where Obua should play. He's a left back or a midfielder. What do you think?

I would like him to play in his natural position, I hope that is left back.

If it is not left back, then Laszlo/Romanov needs to go out and get us a left back pronto.

Captain Lithuania
He's a left back so playing him in his actual position would probably be the best idea.

Scored a hat-trick for Uganda against Niger, mind you, I didn't think Niger even had a national team before I heard this.

thought he said his prefered position was in "the hole"?

wallace isnt that bad imo, will be decent enough after a run of games, with obua as cover for left back

Captain Lithuania
This poll is a waste of time.............NOONE HAS SEEN HIM PLAY:p

It's an opinion! Where do we think he would be needed? Just go away.

Captain Lithuania
I'm expecting him to be amazing. Not been this excited by a player since Beslija!

On an early bevy pal? Jokes, but don't be tooo optimistic :)

He's a left back so playing him in his actual position would probably be the best idea.

Csaba has said countless times that he can play left back,midfield or behind the striker. I can't remember him mentioning his 'natural' position.

This poll is a waste of time.............NOONE HAS SEEN HIM PLAY:p

Waste of time or not... Obua will be playing against St Midden and probably from the start as shabba will want to stamp some authority (his as opposed to Vlads)

My prediction for the team for Sat would be:

Kello

Thomson

Zaliukas

Berra

Obua

Kingston

Ruben

Stewart

Driver

Ksanivicius

Mole

What i'd prefer to see would be:

Macdonald

Thomson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Driver

Kingston

Stewart

Obua

Nade

Glen

Captain Lithuania
Waste of time or not... Obua will be playing against St Midden and probably from the start as shabba will want to stamp some authority (his as opposed to Vlads)

Kello

Thomson

Zaliukas

Berra

Obua

Kingston

Ruben

Stewart

Driver

Ksanivicius

Mole

Macdonald

Thomson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Driver

Kingston

Stewart

Obua

Nade

Glen

And the bench?

Ibrahim Tall
Csaba has said countless times that he can play left back,midfield or behind the striker. I can't remember him mentioning his 'natural' position.

He played left back for Kaizer Chiefs, trialled at left back for West Ham, and plays the majority of his games for Uganda at left back. It's pretty clear thats his strongest position, sticking him somewhere daft on his debut in a brand new country purely because we're ****e in certain positions will cause him more harm than good imo.

We_are_the_Hearts
It's an opinion! Where do we think he would be needed? Just go away.

Don't be a wee scr0te all your life.

He played left back for Kaizer Chiefs, trialled at left back for West Ham, and plays the majority of his games for Uganda at left back. It's pretty clear thats his strongest position, sticking him somewhere daft on his debut in a brand new country purely because we're ****e in certain positions will cause him more harm than good imo.

Will he not play left back because we are weak there?

He is a versatile player sdo playing him behind the striker is not playing him somewhere daft.

Kello

Thomson

Zaliukas

Berra

Obua

Kingston

Ruben

Stewart

Driver

Ksanivicius

Mole

Macdonald

Thomson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Driver

Kingston

Stewart

Obua

Nade

Glen

Nade deserves another few weeks on the bench. Clearly not fit enough to even play 20 minutes.

I can see us to playing...

Macdonald

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Obua

Audrey

Stewart

Karipidis

Driver

Tullberg

Mole

Ibrahim Tall
Will he not play left back because we are weak there?

He is a versatile player sdo playing him behind the striker is not playing him somewhere daft.

Yes but it's a positon he can play but Kevin McKenna could play upfront, doesn't mean it's an ideal place to him. Rather he played somewhere where he was obviously more experienced in until he atleast settled into the team a bit. Rather than start in a position he barely plays(AM) because Audrey's pish, has a bad game and then all of a sudden he's a flop and a failure.

We_are_the_Hearts
Hard man behind the computer I see?

Must have just imagined you telling me to go away then eh?

Anyway I am bored with this, jog on son.......................

He's not a left back I'm afraid. Attacking midfielder is his best position

Yes but it's a positon he can play but Kevin McKenna could play upfront, doesn't mean it's an ideal place to him. Rather he played somewhere where he was obviously more experienced in until he atleast settled into the team a bit. Rather than start in a position he barely plays(AM) because Audrey's pish, has a bad game and then all of a sudden he's a flop and a failure.

Ksanavicius has always been pish, we get one good game out of him every six months or something.

McKenna is a poor example, he was a centre half, who was used as an emergency centre forward and after watching him play there several times it is safe to say he was not a centre forward. Are you telling me Lee Wilkie is a centre forward?

When Csaba first came, he said that the players at our club needed to learn to play in different positions, too many of them are only suited to one position. I think this shows that he is used to working with players who are more versatile.

How do you know that Obua wasn't used as a left back because the Kaiser Cheifs were stronger in the other positions he can play in?

while he is supposed to be good in a number of positions i dont see how anyone can decide without having seen him play...

I do think that all of the above possitions could do with strengthening though so if i was prioritising i would say left back or 'in the hole'

Captain Lithuania
while he is supposed to be good in a number of positions i dont see how anyone can decide without having seen him play...

I do think that all of the above possitions could do with strengthening though so if i was prioritising i would say left back or 'in the hole'

I think Driver is ok at left mid.

Guest JamboRobbo

Wheres the "I've never seen him play so I've no idea but I think we need an attacking midfielder more than a left back" option? :P

Ryan Gosling

He plays as an attacker for Uganda. I remember reading a quote that said people were surprised he played at left back in South Africa as he's such an attacking player.

Nade deserves another few weeks on the bench. Clearly not fit enough to even play 20 minutes.

I can see us to playing...

Macdonald

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Obua

Audrey

Stewart

Karipidis

Driver

Tullberg

Mole

Tullberg is injured and out for the next two weeks or so.

I also think Karipidis may not start as he is carrying a knock from Saturday.

For my money i'd like to see us start with Nade and Glen up front and then swap Nade for Mole/Makela when the big horse starts slowin up. Hopefully by then we are a couple o goals up and if Makela comes on we'll try and not let him ship any goals to the Midden.

Still my preferred team:

Macdonald

Thomson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Driver

Kingston

Stewart

Obua

Nade

Glen

Bench: Kello, Matej Rapnik, Palazuelos, Makela, Jonsson, Cesnauskis, Ksanavicius

Okay, the last week or so some of on JKB have been debating where Obua should play. He's a left back or a midfielder. What do you think?
Obua is not a left back. He was played there at Kaiser Chiefs by a clueless coach and he did OK. But he foraged forward a lot until the coach got the clue and played him there permanently. Then he scored spectacular goals and the rest is history. He is better at LB than the Stewart I saw last Saturday.

Play him anywhere as long as it stops the unbelievable whingin and moaning of what must be the most ridiculous set of fans that Hearts have ever had.:mad:

All brilliant financiars,managers and football tacticians.

The worst era ever for pleasing Hearts fans.

Just let the management team get on with it, what happens..happens!

Getting on there case every 5 minutes only hinders.

Rant over!

Will be disappointed if he starts at left back. We need him (and Kingston for that matter) in far more pivotal roles in the team and Csaba has certainly suggested he can play further forward.

Jambof3tornado

I would love to see him play as an attacking left wing back,with driver dropping back to cover when Obua makes his mazey run towards goal!!!

He shoots,he scores!!!!;)

Has to be left back, Wallace should not be in the team.

Neither should Audrey so play Kingston and Stewart in the middle and Driver / Chesney left and right.

Nade and Mole up front.

heartsfc_fan

Behind the striker!

He's a big strong lad, win a lot of headers and apparently has an eye for goal.

If not then second choice - left back

winston churchill

put him in at left back,bang bang was involved/at fault for both goals on saturday.

with him and driver on the left, hopefully we can create more chances.

Wallace was at fault for both goals so I would bring Obua in at left back. I would also like to drop Audry who is not good enough but I would like to see Kingston playing 'in the hole' and Chesny on the right wing so this is my team for Saturday

McDonald

Thompson

Zaliukis

Berra

Obua

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Kingston

Mole

Wallace was at fault for both goals so I would bring Obua in at left back. I would also like to drop Audry who is not good enough but I would like to see Kingston playing 'in the hole' and Chesny on the right wing so this is my team for Saturday

McDonald

Thompson

Zaliukis

Berra

Obua

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Kingston

Mole

Reasonable team Niall.

Drylaw Hearts

I want him be able to play one of the following positions :

Left Back

Defensive Midfielder

Attacking Midfielder

If he can.

Suspect Device

i want someone 'in the hole' is Obua him, i can only hope at present.

...............MacDonald

Thomson...Zal...Berra...*(Wallace / Brown)

Larry...Stewart...Johnson...Driver

.................Obua

........**Mole

*JB better than LW on the Hull games evedence - can at least tackle - youth / inexperience the only drawback

**maybe Nade depending on fitness

I voted attacking midfielder, but only until we have to fit strikers to play together. Once Csaba's got that sorted I'd have Davie O at LB.

Archived