How long do you give Csaba now that "the green eyed monster" has re-surfaced?

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Now that Vlad the madman has allowed the green eyed monster to become involved in the running of the club again, how long do you give Lazslo?

It appears anyone who seems to gain the respect of the majority of supporters and is "liked" by us will then be slowly but surely destroyed by the maniac running our club.

Csaba seems like a good man to me, one who has the respect of the players and one who feels the same way about HMFC as the supporters, surely this isnt going to be his downfall?

Vlad GTF and let Csaba get on with running the team!

I think that both McGhee and Laszlo knew the script when they avoided/took the job.

Laszlo will see this as a monetary improvement and a step up the footballing manager ladder. He appears very willing to present VR's decisions. What is not to like about this situation for him and VR?

Buffalo Bill

We have an owner who chooses to get involved in personal disputes from time to time, although I'll reserve judgement for now re the Steve Banks case. It's not nice but that's the way it is.

Csaba is just an employee, like a billion other employees at a million companies.

Vlad employed Csaba to manage the team as to how Vlad sees fit; not Csaba, and not you or me.

Csaba is as good as it'll get under Romanov, so you have to decide as to whether you're strapped in for the ride or not.

He has his boss, and I have mine and maybe you have yours.

It's Vlad's ball.

Buffalo Bill

We have an owner who chooses to get involved in personal disputes from time to time, although I'll reserve judgement for now re the Steve Banks case. It's not nice but that's the way it is.

Csaba is just an employee, like a billion other employees at a million companies.

Vlad employed Csaba to manage the team as to how Vlad sees fit; not Csaba, and not you or me.

Csaba is as good as it'll get under Romanov, so you have to decide as to whether you're strapped in for the ride or not.

It's Vlad's ball.

Buffalo Bill

What he said! It's as good as it will get at the moment IMO. How long will it last? Goodness knows, I personally am taking it each match at a time!

Captain Lithuania

Half way through the season I think, Csaba seemed to know what he was doing. He said the Kaunas keeper was his choice, but I'm not convinced.

Captain Lithuania

It's Vlad's ball.

Buffalo Bill

Are you insinuating that we wouldn't follow Hearts if we had another disappointing finish? Of course we would. Born Jambos, we will die Jambos too.

Since Csaba joined the club the atmosphere has improved remarkably IMO. I'm just glad that we now have someone with a bit of presence in the manager seat just now. If it turns out he is another puppet then so be it. Just as long as the team continue to show the same attitude and deliver some good results this season.

ToadKiller Dog

I expect around 2 seasons out of Csaba ,this recent story has just been blown out of all proportions ,I think Csaba knows that to work with Romanov he has to give a little to get a little ,if that makes him a puppet to some fair enough ,i think he is more switched on than that ,he knows Hearts is a big move in his potential career.

Ryan Gosling

The end of this season, when he leaves by 'mutual consent' and he gets a goodbye on the website to the fans.

Buffalo Bill
Are you insinuating that we wouldn't follow Hearts if we had another disappointing finish?

No.

But thanks for answering a question that I didn't ask.

Buffalo Bill

Billy the Jambo
I fear Vlad will be the ruin of our beloved Hearts.

FFS where have you been for the past 3 years you have only just realised this

Guest JamboRobbo
It might just be convceibable that vlad and csaba see eye to eye.

just maybe...

Jamie

It's possible. But Csaba doesn't come accross as narrow minded, petty, arrogant and paranoid to me.

It might just be convceibable that vlad and csaba see eye to eye.

just maybe...

Jamie

that could be true

Until the bad times come defeats etc

We have obviously not learned from last year, inconsistency will be our downfall.

Chopping and changing keepers every week for example

It's possible. But Csaba doesn't come accross as narrow minded, petty, arrogant and paranoid to me.

Good - opposites attract :-)

There are plenty of posters on here who would take a perverse pleasure in Csaba leaving or being sacked just so they could feel good about themselves whilst posting "I told you so's"...

If Csabba decides he dosen't want to play certain players and use others to improve the team, that's when Romanov will decide to stick his nose in again, this just reeks of a Burley waiting to happen in my opinion. I hope i'm totally wrong but for now, ill take a step back and watch with interest and not point fingers at Vlad......just yet.

Suspect Device

i'd agree, but i'm hoping that he understands and can handle, narrow minded, petty, arrogant and paranoid.

because if he can then we have the match we need, someone who can work with Romanov.

fingers crossed ?:)

Guest JamboRobbo
i'd agree, but i'm hoping that he understands and can handle, narrow minded, petty, arrogant and paranoid.

because if he can then we have the match we need, someone who can work with Romanov.

fingers crossed ?:)

:peace:

I think Csaba may be as close as we'll ever get to a real manager, who can hopefully work (with) Romanov.

:peace:

I think Csaba may be as close as we'll ever get to a real manager, who can hopefully work (with) Romanov.

What do you mean close.The guy is a real manager.

Guest JamboRobbo
What do you mean close.The guy is a real manager.

See the bit after the comma, thats part of the same sentence. Read it again, slowly, and get back to me if you still want to ask that question.

;):P

See the bit after the comma, thats part of the same sentence. Read it again, slowly, and get back to me if you still want to ask that question.

;):P

sorry JR

Guest JamboRobbo
sorry JR

no need to apologise mate - I was trying to say he's a real manager, and he might actually be able to work (with) Romanov too.

:food-smiley-004:

It's Vlad's ball.

Buffalo Bill

I agree 100% with this post and I tried to make a similar point on the Banks thread yesterday. Csaba new when he took the job that he would have to bow to the whims of Vlad from time to time. How many of us are in the position to go against our boss?

I don't see this incident as proof that Csaba is a "puppet". I look to the players, tactics, formations, interviews, results and performances to make my judgement on how much autonomy Csaba has and so far I can only see positives in all of these areas.

I think only the niavest of people could have expected Vlad to step back 100% from team affairs. It ain't going to happen, therefore I'm not going to spit the dummy when it does.

For me Csaba cannot and should not be compared to Valdas as it is clear that he is has his own mind, he is articulate and he knows what needs to be done to sort last seasons poor excuse of a team out.

wheatfield to sheffield

I'm beginning to think maybe Uncle Vladimir has "trust issues". He seems to find a lot of people untrustworthy. Do you think he might have had a bad experience when he was younger that he just can't get over?

Hagar the Horrible

Just when things were positive, Vlad yet again hits the self destruct button. Vlad has clearly started a conflict with Banks just so he can make room for Kello? Vlad is still interfering, and Csaba is just another puppet! I wont be convinced otherwise, and Vlad wont be happy until we are relegated?

What ever positive impact Vlad had before the Motherwell game will have disolved for the St Mirren game, as players will realise the FAX is still in charge and merrit based system has gone in favour of Vlads shop window one:mad:

Can see saturday being my last game of the season.

Where can we borrow the "WE DESERVE BETTER" Banner?

no need to apologise mate - I was trying to say he's a real manager, and he might actually be able to work (with) Romanov too.

:food-smiley:

Yeah i got that when i read it back.Eyes and brain are failing time to go to bed for my work.

NoseLikeMahe

Csaba's made a really good start off the pitch - and a reasonable enough one on it. I hope for the sake of the club he's allowed to continue to see if he really has got it in him.

The concern is clearly that many fans watched the endless hunt for a new manager and knew the big sticking point was that the kind of guy the club needed was exactly the kind of guy who wouldn't take Mad Vlad's primary school level behaviour easily. For that reason, many fear that any success he has will lead him to follow the Burley route - just in case he starts to take Vlad's precious spotlight.

As has been said, Vlad is the boss and he writes the job description... So like it or lump it. I don't think that means the fans should just accept being shafted endlessly because "it's his club"... but realistically, the day the shares were sold to him was the day the old Hearts ceased to be.

It's Vlad's ball.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed 100%. I might not like everything my boss makes me do but he pays my wages so I do it!

Csaba knew the situation when he took the job. His reputation is flourishing at the moment; the players rate him, the fans (well I certainly do) rate him and even the press seem to have taken a liking to the man.

TBH I think this act of interference has been blown out of proportion:

Vlad drops goalie who isn't even very good, and the manager has said from the start he wants to sign a new goalie! Although I obviously don't like the way Vlad has, allegedly, went about it.

Drylaw Hearts
Agreed 100%. I might not like everything my boss makes me do but he pays my wages so I do it!

Csaba knew the situation when he took the job. His reputation is flourishing at the moment; the players rate him, the fans (well I certainly do) rate him and even the press seem to have taken a liking to the man.

TBH I think this act of interference has been blown out of proportion:

Vlad drops goalie who isn't even very good, and the manager has said from the start he wants to sign a new goalie! Although I obviously don't like the way Vlad has, allegedly, went about it.

So the interference has been blown out of proportion even though Vlad has dropped the Goalie !!

Regardless of what you think of Banks ability it is not the place of the owner to 'drop' players.

This is the job for the Manager.

Cut The Crap

He has talked and continues to talk so much, that already the inconsistencies by what he has said and what he is required to do by Romanov are all too apparent. The press will soon have him done up like a kipper. It really depends on how long he's prepared to be Romanov's patsy.

He has talked and continues to talk so much, that already the inconsistencies by what he has said and what he is required to do by Romanov are all too apparent. The press will soon have him done up like a kipper. It really depends on how long he's prepared to be Romanov's patsy.

:Agree:

I expect around 2 seasons out of Csaba ,this recent story has just been blown out of all proportions ,I think Csaba knows that to work with Romanov he has to give a little to get a little ,if that makes him a puppet to some fair enough ,i think he is more switched on than that ,he knows Hearts is a big move in his potential career.

I hoped that as well, but it looks like he's letting Mad Vlad tell him who to play in goals in his 2nd game!

He is just a puppet, although he does talk a good game. However with every incident like this the players will lose respect for him and his lack of authority.

How long before the players dismiss him as just another patsy like Frail and Valdas and all the rest and start slacking again. We could be back to square one very soon, and it will be all Vlad's fault (again!).

Buffalo Bill

He is just a puppet

He is an employee.

Buffalo Bill

monkfish1979
He is an employee.

Not worth arguing, man.

There seem to be a few posters having a full on rage-gasm over this Banks scenario.

If...ahem...he is emptied before the end of the season will we all back another 6 month search for the....cough...."right man"

?

If...ahem...he is emptied before the end of the season will we all back another 6 month search for the....cough...."right man"

?

You know some people will!

?

If he is gone anytime soon would it not be time for us fans to try to do something about it? For me, it would be the last straw with Vlad.

So the interference has been blown out of proportion even though Vlad has dropped the Goalie !!

Regardless of what you think of Banks ability it is not the place of the owner to 'drop' players.

This is the job for the Manager.

Of course it is the managers job to choose who plays and who is dropped but Csaba has said from the start that he wants a new goalie and he also said last week that Banks must decide between playing and coaching so I didn't suspect any interference when I read the team sheet.

I meant that it has been blown out of proportion as all we have is Banderson's "source" as evidence for the "not to be trusted" story. Half of the current first team players never even played with Elvis and Webster so it seems strange that Vlad would mention these two by name to the players don't you think?

I also don't think it is Vlad's style to explain his actions to the players, when has he ever bothered before? If Romanov makes a decision he may go to the press and bad mouth a player/manager etc. but I cannot recall him ever entering the dressing room to explain anything. I obviously have no clue about what goes on in the dressing room so may be completely wrong about this.

I also believe Csaba will be used to working for more Romanov style chairmen being from eastern europe and having worked in Germany, where it is far more common for "Presidents/chairmen/owners" to have a say in team affairs. Though I admit this does not make it right.

I'm not making excuses for Vlad, he should shut up, keep his nose out and let Csaba get on with the job. I'm just saying that I believe the media have jumped on the first hint of interference and possibly made it a bigger deal than it is.

Deluded optimism ey!! Mon the Jambos...hopefully we stuff St Midden, Jamie Mac keeps a clean sheet and Romanov fecks off back to Lithuania and leaves Csaba to get on with the job! :107years:

Archived