Obua - Fit and Ready

vegas-voss

Has anybody seen him play? Will his game suit the SPL?

He appears to have been signed on Laszlo's vouching for him before Laszlo watched a single SPL game live.

Left back this weekend please!

There seems to be a split on jkb about where Obua should play.

Personally I'd rather have him in attacking mid (possibly Audrey's role with Audrey taking Kingston's place) but I wouldn't have a problem if he played an Alan Hutton style marauding full back role

We're maybe getting our hopes a bit high here. Interestingly it appears that he alone is declaring himself fit to play against St Midden - I can't see any sign of Lazlo saying exactly that.

We're maybe getting our hopes a bit high here. Interestingly it appears that he alone is declaring himself fit to play against St Midden - I can't see any sign of Lazlo saying exactly that.
David trained yesterday and today. He is over his injury and will be soon showing his talent for the team.

Granted, he doesn't specifically say he'll play against St Mhirren, but given the poor performances of Wallace and Kingston last week it stands to reason and logic that he'll be included.

Personally I'd rather have him in attacking mid (possibly Audrey's role with Audrey taking Kingston's place) but I wouldn't have a problem if he played an Alan Hutton style marauding full back role

If he is not a left back then we need to make signing a left back a priority. I would be very surprised if Laszlo allowed us to go into the season with only Wallace to fill the left full back role.

If he is not a left back then we need to make signing a left back a priority. I would be very surprised if Laszlo allowed us to go into the season with only Wallace to fill the left full back role.

Is Rapnik not a left back?.

After last Saturday at Ibronx I'd like to see Brown given a chance. Games against the Midden and Airdrie are perfect to help him settle in.

Chad Sexington

CB I think.

I've said on another thread that I think Obua should go in at LB until we get another capable full back in.

Wallace aint doing it for me I'm afraid.

Once we get a LB in we can move David into a more attacking role.

Wallace should be dropped after Saturday though. He was woefull.

Played at left back in the pre season tour. He remarked after that that it was the first time in his career he had played that position.

After last Saturday at Ibronx I'd like to see Brown given a chance. Games against the Midden and Airdrie are perfect to help him settle in.

I would play any natural left back ahead of Wallace. IMO, continually playing players out of position is one of our biggest issues.

I would play any natural left back ahead of Wallace. IMO, continually playing players out of position is one of our biggest issues.

I still think we should be playing 4-4-2 in most games.

Has anybody seen him play? Will his game suit the SPL?

He appears to have been signed on Laszlo's vouching for him before Laszlo watched a single SPL game live.

Oh Jeez, You should just change your name to Mr Pessimistic.

I still think we should be playing 4-4-2 in most games.

I totally agree. 4-4-2 is the way forward. All this 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 is just the 2008 version of the once used 3-5-2. Remember when every team in Scotland used this new fangled formation?

I totally agree. 4-4-2 is the way forward. All this 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 is just the 2008 version of the once used 3-5-2. Remember when every team in Scotland used this new fangled formation?

I remember about 3 years ago in the Premiership when nearly every team started trying to play 4-5-1. Never seen so many boring games in my puff. Only teams like Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal can actually execute it.

I'd love to see Calderwood wheel out the 2-4-4 self destruct formation again.

Excited to see this boy play. And interested to see where he plays also.

Hopefully in the hole for me.[/QUOTE]

Nobody has really filled that position since Pinilla left.....

Guest JamboRobbo

Hopefully in the hole for me.

:laugh: Notthat (sorry those) hole(s).

Interesting that the official site refers to him as a "versatile midfielder".

Obviously that does not necessarily mean he will be used in midfield though!

I'm just happy at the fact that we now have good (though I haven't seen Tullberg or Davey play yet) options! Can't wait to get Gary Glen, Tullberg and Nade fully fit and really do some damage to teams as I believe our midfield is stronger than anything any other non OF team can offer.

Lets forget the huns game and look forward...Mon The Jambos!!

Please get him in as left back for Saturday.

Lee Wallace was at fault for both goals on Saturday and his tracking back is awful. he has no pace either.

Wallace out, Obua in please

Hopefully Audery's role will soon no longer be a role, if we have Tullberg & Mole/Nade up front.

Should that be the case, I'd rather see him playing left back. If Driver can build up a good understanding with him, we should have a strong left flank again. Maybe not to the same extent as Fyssas/Skacel, but one with potential.

willie wallace

Has Obua been training with the squad and if not why not.I don't think delays in paperwork would prevent you from training.I would have thought he should have been accimatised to the football and weather by now and ready to play.

Ryan Gosling
Has Obua been training with the squad and if not why not.I don't think delays in paperwork would prevent you from training.I would have thought he should have been accimatised to the football and weather by now and ready to play.

He is training. He said so on the official site.

He trained in Uganda and trained when he arrived on Sunday I think.

Hopefully in the hole for me.[/QUOTE]

LOL just how well did you guys know Pinilla?:P

Seymour M Hersh
He's number 17 if anyone's interested.

Only if it coincides with the number of league goals he scores this season. Of course he is allowed to score more if he wants.

When asked what the supporters can expect to see from him in a maroon jersey, David was quite clear.

"Passion. That's all I can say. I've come here because I love the coach and I want to play for the fans and the president."

Fantastic, I like him already. I'm quite stupidly excited about seeing him play too.

Have to make sure he gets an almighty roar of a welcome on Saturday.

Archived