Warren Feeney - I heard Scottish refs are dodgy..now i know

vegas-voss

All the tabloids running a story on the back page about Feeney slamming Charlie Richmond and saying he had been warned about our ropey refs.

"I heard a lot about the referees in Scotland before i came up here - and from what i have seen so far i believe it"

"I was told there was some awful decisions up here and that was quite clear in the Celtic game.Even for a neutral it was a stonewall penalty"

Well he better get used to it! If there is 1 club theat gets shafted more than us by crooked cheating OF refs in the last season or 2 then it's Dundee United

Clark Griswold
Well he better get used to it! If there is 1 club theat gets shafted more than us by crooked cheating OF refs in the last season or 2 then it's Dundee United

Only cos their manager used to play for and manage us :(:mad:

The more folk that speak out and get some momentum going the better. What do folk hope to attain from all this though? Foreign refs are just as bad as ours so I wouldnt want them here. Video replays for every major incident? Again that would take up too much time. Id like them for penalties and nothing else.

Hopefully it will get to the stage where the refs overthink their decisions and then the smaller teams start getting the decisions against the old firm. That would be great. Unlikely tho, and then leads to where we are now.

Oh for a world with completely unbiased professionally competent referees who can keep up with play....

Would be interesting to see some stats that go over the past couple of years to say how many penalties have been given at Ibrox and parkhead for away teams.

This would make a stronger case to highlight the bias that clearly exists.

Buffalo Bill

It's up to everyone else in Scottish Football to really start banging the drum about the refs, the Old Firm and the SFA.

The only way to beat the 'Weegie Mafia' is to gang up on them.

Buffalo Bill

Clark Griswold
Would be interesting to see some stats that go over the past couple of years to say how many penalties have been given at Ibrox and parkhead for away teams.

it would be better to measure how many are NOT given at said venues.

United couldn't even get a penalty at their own ground...

Clark Griswold
United couldn't even get a penalty at their own ground...

Correct, just watch the highlights and should have had 3 pens

Problem is, the Old Firm will likely have good defensive records at home, so that could counter any argument about lack of penalties at these grounds.

winston churchill
Problem is, the Old Firm will likely have good defensive records at home, so that could counter any argument about lack of penalties at these grounds.

steve

hopefully when the lochend hoofballers go west,bawldy fletcher gets nailed in the box and gets booked for diving.

that's if he's not been head hunted by royal madrid by then.

The more folk that speak out about this the better - kudos to the boy for telling it like it is!

I don't think that hold much worth, as its quite circumstantial, unfortunately. There is no control case.

It would be better to start running stats from now, with a neutral body analysing what wrong decisions have been made.

Archived