On a positive note!!!

JamboPete

I'm bored so thought I would have a stab at our team for Saturday.

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

David Obua

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

Ruben Palazuelos

Andrew Driver

Christian Nade

Jamie Mole

Thoughts!!!

Ryan Gosling

Nade won't be fit to start yet, I reckon. Csaba seems to think 30 mins is the most we'll get.

I'd go for

MacDonald, Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace, Driver, Stewart, Jonsson, Obua, Glen, Mole.

Jam Tarts 1874

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

David Obua

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

Ruben Palazuelos

Andrew Driver

Christian Nade

Jamie Mole

Thoughts!!!

I fancy Obua to play in midfield, he continues to be described by Hearts as a "versatile midfielder" and Csaba is keen for everyone to "see his talent", that is why I think he will not be in a defensive role. I do expect to see 2 up front, there is also the returning Glen and the possibly fit Tullberg to consider. Nade is looking a bit fitter and I think he helped Hearts keep some possession in the last 3rd when he came on, but still doesn't look ready for 90 minutues yet.

Nade won't be fit to start yet, I reckon. Csaba seems to think 30 mins is the most we'll get.

I'd go for

MacDonald, Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace, Driver, Stewart, Jonsson, Obua, Glen, Mole.

8 players from our academy starting in that team. that cant be right, only hibs produce youngsters.

I would love that to be the team but I though you told me Obua cant play in midfield when i suggested pretty much that team weeks ago :D

Ryan Gosling
8 players from our academy starting in that team. that cant be right, only hibs produce youngsters.

I would love that to be the team but I though you told me Obua cant play in midfield when i suggested pretty much that team weeks ago :D

Think you suggested the holding role, mate. He's more of an attacking player, hence left wing.

I'd go for

No Kingston....thats a good, but contraversial side.

How about:

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

Lee Wallace

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

David Obua

Andrew Driver

Jamie Mole

Gary Glen/Mike Tullberg

Snake Plissken

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

David Obua

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

Ruben Palazuelos

Andrew Driver

Christian Nade

Jamie Mole

Thoughts!!!

I like the look of that team - although I think Kingston is wasted out right but Stewart is in good form and I don't think Larry and Mikey in the middle is a good match.

Also don't think Nade is ready for 90 minutes just yet, we'll probably see Audrey in the hole again.

In any case a convincing win with Jamie Mole scoring will do nicely

How about:

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

Lee Wallace

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

David Obua

Andrew Driver

Jamie Mole

Gary Glen/Mike Tullberg

so is that with obua letting stewart pull the strings then?

i think thats a good side.

Id go for:

--MacDonald--

-Thomson--Berra--Zaliukas--Wallace-

--Kingston--Stewart--Karipidis--Driver--

---Obua---

--Mole--

With Mole, Nade and and outside chance of Tullberg and another new signing all on the bench.

He doesn't deserve to start.

I wasn't at the game on saturday, but from what i saw at the Motherwell game, he does need to lift his workrate.

Jam Tarts 1874
How about:

Jamie MacDonald

Jason Thomson

Marius Zaliukas

Christophe Berra

Lee Wallace

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

David Obua

Andrew Driver

Jamie Mole

Gary Glen/Mike Tullberg

I'd go for this. Maybe we will see a different keeper though.

MacDonald / Kello (God only knows)

Karipidis

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Obua

Driver

Kingston

Mole

Jamie Mac

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Driver

Stewart

Kari

Chesney

Mole

Glen

I don't think that obua should simply walk into the team, regardless of what quality he may bring, and i also think kingston needs to be shown who's the boss, and needs a fit up the arse

I don't think that obua should simply walk into the team, regardless of what quality he may bring

Thank feck it's not your turn to be Hearts manager ;)

Libertonian_II

It's not certain where Obua is going to play but I hope its left back. LW is has the turning circle of an oil tanker

McDonald, Thomson, Berra, Zaliukas, Obua, Driver, Karapedis, Cesnauskis, Stewart, Nade & Mole

Maybe's Jonsson can replace Karapedis who ain't a midfielder. Kingston needs to be benched to make the point that he needs to add a little effort to his undoubted talent. He should be replaced by Cesnauskis as Mikoliunus needs a little discipline to make the point that he should play with the heid rather than the heart.

Thank feck it's not your turn to be Hearts manager ;)

well if i paint my passport green and change my last name to Hodgeauskas...who knows?

Has Obua played with the team?

Jamie Mac

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Driver

Stewart

Kari

Chesney

Mole

Glen

I don't think that obua should simply walk into the team, regardless of what quality he may bring, and i also think kingston needs to be shown who's the boss, and needs a fit up the arse

If he is able to win us the game he should walk into the team. If we signed C Ronaldo i take it he wouldnt walk into the team

If he is able to win us the game he should walk into the team. If we signed C Ronaldo i take it he wouldnt walk into the team

He isn't Ronaldo though mate is he. It's just my opinion, get off yer high-horse. I think the whole team played well against motherwell, and from what i'm hearing they played well, and were disciplined against the huns, they've got a good spirit and all that jazz and you could say playing for the jersey again. I wouldn't be chuffed if i'm 'cawn ma pan in' to stay in the team, only to be pulled out at the first oppurtunity.

Has Obua played with the team?

Mendes was MOM on Saturday for the Huns and he didn't meet his team mates till he arrived at Ibrox that morning.

Obua should walk into the current Hearts side especially when we tend to make several changes most weeks in any case.

It's not certain where Obua is going to play but I hope its left back. LW is has the turning circle of an oil tanker

I don't. Whether Wallace is the answer at left back is far from certain but Obua should be given a far more pivotal role in the team than left back.

Mendes was MOM on Saturday for the Huns and he didn't meet his team mates till he arrived at Ibrox that morning.

Obua should walk into the current Hearts side especially when we tend to make several changes most weeks in any case.

I can't be arsed getting into a petty argument.

You're right, i'm wrong, well done. Happy?

He isn't Ronaldo though mate is he. It's just my opinion, get off yer high-horse. I think the whole team played well against motherwell, and from what i'm hearing they played well, and were disciplined against the huns, they've got a good spirit and all that jazz and you could say playing for the jersey again. I wouldn't be chuffed if i'm 'cawn ma pan in' to stay in the team, only to be pulled out at the first oppurtunity.

Are you taking the ****, I'm on no high horse!

Kingston deserves to be dropped.

From what you hear - So I take it you wernt at Ibrox then ;)

If Obua is going to improve the team you put him in. It would be insane not to.

siegementality

I'd go for

Csaba!, when did he start deciding who plays?:P

Are you taking the ****, I'm on no high horse!

Kingston deserves to be dropped.

From what you hear - So I take it you wernt at Ibrox then ;)

If Obua is going to improve the team you put him in. It would be insane not to.

Read my posts, then my team.

Kingston wasn't in my team.

It's just my opinion mate, thats probably why i'm a centre half, and not the manager.

Obua might be better than Ronaldo (Christian that is). His only problem is he can fail to rise to the occasion against weak opposition. Had he made his debut against the Rangers.......

BTW, David is an attacking midfielder cum striker. He started in defense at Kaiser Chiefs because they needed help there and had a lot of decent strikers and midfielders. He played well but his attacking mindset often led him to forget to come back. Eventually, the coach wised up and sent him upfront for good.

ScottishSandstorm

I'll go for:

Kello; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Obua; Chesney, Stewart, Palazuelos, Driver; Glen; Mole

Bench: MacDonald, Karipidis, Wallace, Kingston, Jonsson, Nade, Audrey

Geoff Kilpatrick

MacDonald - Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace - Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver - Obua - Mole

Subs: Kello, Rapnik, Palazuelous, Jonsson, Cesnauskis, Ksnavicius, Nade

We_are_the_Hearts

Watched the game again last night, Thomson is a weak link. We really need a right back and I hope Csaba knows this. I would play the laddie Brown or Karipidis on Saturday. Obua has to start as well. I would play:

McDonald

Karipidis

Wallace

Berra

Zaliukas

Kingston

Palazuelos

Stewart

Driver

Obua

Mole

I'd go for

McDonald

Karapidis

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Jonsson

Stewart

Palazuelos

Obua

Kingston

Mole

I'd like to see

MacDonald

Karapidis

Berra

Zal

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Kingston

Mole

Don't like the idea of Karapidis in midfield especially when we have Jonsson who is a good solid defensive midfielder.

I reckon

Banks, J McCallister, Pressley, Webster, Alan Maybury, Skacel, Hartley, Allan Johnston, Kisnorbo , Bednar, Velika

It is hard to tell where Obua will play, none of us have seen him play so we cannot comment accurately.

I would guess he will play left back

Kello

Thomson

Zaliukas

Berra

Obua

Kingston

Palazuelos

Stewart

Driver

Glen

Mole

I would select

MacDonald

Thomson

Sives

Berra

Obua

Kingston (if he fails to perform again he should be dropped when Mikoliunas returns from suspension)

Palazuelos

Stewart

Wallace

Glen

Mole

Bert Le Clos

MacDonald

Karipidis

Zaliukas

Berra

Oboa

Driver

Stewart

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis

Mole

Glen

Subs.

Kello, Thomson, Wallace, Ksanaviscious, Kingston, Tullberg, Nade

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

MacDonald

Thomson Zaliukas Berra Obua

Kingston Stewart Palazuelos Driver

Glen Mole

Subs: Kello, Karipidis, Wallace, Jonsson, Cesnauskis, Tullberg/Ksanavicius, Nade

That's what I would play, but I reckon we will still see Karipidis in midfield, even though he is a better centre-half.

RenanPalazuelos

kello/Jamie

thompson/Karipidas

Berra

zaliukas

Lee Wallace

Stewart/Palazuelos

Larry /Obua

Driver

Obua/Larry

Mole

Ksanavicius/Glen

4-1-2-1-2

rossthejambo

kello

thomson

wallace

berra

zaliukas

cesnauskis

driver

stewart

palazuelos

obua

mole

kingston should be dropped and told that he needs to wisen up if he wants to get a game again. i wouldn't mind if karypidis or jonsson started ahead of palazuelos. i think cesnauskis deserves a chance to get himself back in the side and st mirren are as good a team as any to let kello and obua their debuts with tullberg coming off the bench at some point.

Horatio Caine

Csaba seeming to confirm that on the HNT news. Something along the lines of `we've seen what Jamie can do now we must see what Marian can do`.

I didnt think Kingston played badly at the weekend. And just to balance the calls that I am biased, I also thought Zali looked excellent. There you go.

McDonald (simply should not be dropped - a young player should not be a pawn in a game of petty politics)

Karipidis (I still dont think he should have been dropped from central defence but is playing well and think he'd just be a bit better for us at right back)

Zali (is earning his place at CB on merit at this time)

Berra

Wallace (we desperately need another left back if it is not intended that Obua plays there and I agree with others that Obua sounds as if he will be more beneficial elsewhere)

Driver (has proven before he can play right hand side)

Kingston (much better player from a central position)

Stewart (we certainly shouldnt need a defender in central midfield against St Mirren)

Obua (might just be the new Rudi)

Glen (on the basis he is fit)

Tullberg (on the basis he is fit)

I dont think I will ever see that Hearts team on the pitch but I reckon its a team that could play great football.

It is also a midfield which could interchange and be quite fluid. Driver left to right. Obua in one to a central role or just off striker. Kingston central to right or just off striker. Stewart consistently running things in the middle - holding when necessary or supporting up front when appropriate

Our strikers there, on paper IMO, the best balance for a partnership at the club

Archived