6 Players From the Academy , Started on Saturday

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

What i find most encouraging from last Saturdays game was 6 out of the first

11 have progressed through the academy .

Surely this is what we have been aiming for since it was set up , to bring

through these kids along with maybe a couple of signings from the pyramid

every season .

It would be interesting to see what other SPL clubs have done for

youth development and how their first team compares to ours on this front .

With all the negatives being made of the Stevie Banks situation i am sure

he would be the first to congratulate young Jamie MacDonald on his debut .

Maybe with Glen still to come back we will have another player from the

academy adding to this impressive list .

Csaba's Broon Shoes
If Jonsson and Glen had played we'd have been looking at some sort of record surely?

It's all good

Surely some sort of record has been set for the SPL

Ryan Gosling
It's all good

We're not hibs though so it won't be acknowledged.

We were talking about that before kick off. I suspect that was the youngest Hearts side ever to start an SPL match. The back 5 were seriously young. Whether all of them are up to playing for Hearts week in week out is dubious as far as I'm concerned but nonetheless with the correct experience around them some of them might just come good and get VR the big transfer fees he's after.

It's all good

who will notice the lazy media?

the will see us as faceless foreigners

bunch of c*n*s!

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Hibs had 3 starters

Rangers 1

Celtic 2

D Utd 1

Looks like Hearts and Motherwell lead the way with youth development

advancing into their respective first teams .

Great news-Lets keep producing homegrown talent as it can only benefit the Scotland national team.:hae36:

JamboBannon10

Macdonald

Thompson berra Mcgowan Wallace

?????? eggert ???? Driver

Glen mole

2 Players short cant remember any of the younger ones at this time of night add 2 of them in though good enough to beat St mirren???

Charlie-Brown
Macdonald

Thompson berra Mcgowan Wallace

?????? eggert ???? Driver

Glen mole

2 Players short cant remember any of the younger ones at this time of night add 2 of them in though good enough to beat St mirren???

Templeton, Husband, Rapnik, Sives, Johnny Brown, Ryan Wallace - although probably a bit ambitious to think a whole team of kids could win SPL games against senior opposition whilst many are still so young / inexperienced.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Templeton, Husband, Rapnik, Sives, Johnny Brown, Ryan Wallace - although probably a bit ambitious to think a whole team of kids could win SPL games against senior opposition whilst many are still so young / inexperienced.

And that is an issue. We could really do with an older head in the middle of the park, or at centre half, to provide some leadership and stability.

Great news that so many are coming through from the academy.

The other factor i thought was interesting was that five players (Macdonald,Berra,Thomson,Wallace and Stewart) all come from the Edinburgh area. I have presumed Macdonald is a local lad can anyone confirm?

In addition Driver has been up here since a young age so in terms of local talent its good. There have been times in the past where Hearts teams have had few Scottish players and the ones that were on show were not local

While I am happy that we have so many young lads in and around the first team squad, the result wasn't good. I feel that we need to make sure that our youngsters are surrounded with experienced players who can compliment the youngsters and give them the appropriate praise, guidance and support, helping them to get better. There is no point in having a team filled with youngsters if they don't win games as the confidence will drop and it will take a while for it to return.

Archived