if i only i had a.......

jambo_steve87

jambo_steve87

right, looking for a bit of inspiration here....

i'm about to go back to uni soon and start my final Masters year at Stratclyde doing product design.

I need to come up with a project to undertake as my main focus for the year, and at the moment i'm completely stumped for ideas.

For my 4th year project i designed a new "micro-asthma inhaler", but would like to take a non-medical path this year.

The main focus of the project is to solve a particular problem in everyday life, whether its for the masses or a particular niche market.

If anybody has any ideas or even any problems which they hate dealing with everyday that i could solve through some genius-like designing i'd be most grateful for your input!

thinking hats on troops!

cheers

:food-smiley-004:

right, looking for a bit of inspiration here....

i'm about to go back to uni soon and start my final Masters year at Stratclyde doing product design.

I need to come up with a project to undertake as my main focus for the year, and at the moment i'm completely stumped for ideas.

For my 4th year project i designed a new "micro-asthma inhaler", but would like to take a non-medical path this year.

The main focus of the project is to solve a particular problem in everyday life, whether its for the masses or a particular niche market.

If anybody has any ideas or even any problems which they hate dealing with everyday that i could solve through some genius-like designing i'd be most grateful for your input!

thinking hats on troops!

cheers

:food-smiley-004:

Right Steve!! Here we go. This is an idea I had for my thesis for my BSc in Podiatry some years ago. It didn't actually get off the ground, but having did some research, it is a viable suggestion.

Research and show the effect carrying heavy shopping bags has on the musculature or muscle groups of either or both sexes during a five (or ten perhaps?) year period. This could throw up all sorts of permutations. The clever thing is of course which calculation you would use to show the projected wear and tear (?!) or if using younger representation, the muscle development!! It's a really viable proposition, but a lot of work would have to be done initially....... the really clever thing would be how to overcome wear and tear: this could net you a fortune and save the NHS millions! :)

Let me know how you go on mate and all the very best! I just noticed the non-medical path bit........sorry!! but if you want to net a fortune the medical route is the way to go......!!

jambo_steve87
Right Steve!! Here we go. This is an idea I had for my thesis for my BSc in Podiatry some years ago. It didn't actually get off the ground, but having did some research, it is a viable suggestion.

Research and show the effect carrying heavy shopping bags has on the musculature or muscle groups of either or both sexes during a five (or ten perhaps?) year period. This could throw up all sorts of permutations. The clever thing is of course which calculation you would use to show the projected wear and tear (?!) or if using younger representation, the muscle development!! It's a really viable proposition, but a lot of work would have to be done initially....... the really clever thing would be how to overcome wear and tear: this could net you a fortune and save the NHS millions! :)

Let me know how you go on mate and all the very best! I just noticed the non-medical path bit........sorry!! but if you want to net a fortune the medical route is the way to go......!!

cheers man, i'll definately give it a thought. Packaging designs another area of product design which i'm thinking about considering for the project.

Ideally i'd like to stay away from the medical industry though, as i did another joint project last year with the university's Prosthetics & orthotics dept, so i'm lookin to cover a greater scope of problems over all my projects.

Archived