Allan Mcgregor: The Holy Grail

jambojamie

u would think he is the greatest keeper in the world. It does get on a nerves like. The save he made against us when he was lying on the ground was not a good save it was just simply lucky:irritated:

u would think he is the greatest keeper in the world. It does get on a nerves like. The save he made against us when he was lying on the ground was not a good save it was just simply lucky:irritated:

Read in yesterdays NOTW that they were again pressing for McGregor to get the Scotland jersey.Just what has Gordon done to deserve being dropped for Scotland or what has he done to annoy the west coast media.

Read in yesterdays NOTW that they were again pressing for McGregor to get the Scotland jersey.Just what has Gordon done to deserve being dropped for Scotland or what has he done to annoy the west coast media.

Gordon dosen't play for one of the "biggott brothers", that's why they want him out and McGregor in. Just watched the match again(all 4 minutes of it!) The ref was in a great position to see Broadfoot diving, Miko was touched so should've been given a free kick, Wallace,poor as he is, was unlucky with their penalty shout, looks like he got his foot on the ball before their player went down, so overall, same old ***** we get at Ibrox!

Just what has Gordon done to deserve being dropped for Scotland or what has he done to annoy the west coast media.

1. He doesnt play for either of the Old Firm

2. He said playing for the Old Firm would be sidestep rather than step up.

3. He was in the team that stuck it up their beloved Rangers in 05/06.

4. He played for Hearts

5. He supports Hearts

6. He doesnt play up to the Redtop press ie doesnt serial hump local grannies

7. He has stated he wouldnt play for the Old Firm

8. He played for Hearts

alwaysthereinspirit

No point in planning a trip to South Africa then.

McGregor is the most overated Ger in a long time. Even more than the crab.

markletissier

he doesn't hasn't and never will play for rangers or celtic, that's what's annoyed the west coast media.

Call me small minded if you like but I have a funny feeling there will be a new Scotland No 1 soon.;)

With the smiley face at the end of your chat I'd rather call you a hun ;)

Have to see how Burley handles the pressure, Gordon is far and beyond anything McGregor is now and will be lightyears beyond him as he progresses in the EPL. McGregor is a shotstopper, Gordon is class and will be something special once matured.

A hugely over rated keeper. A few good saves in last seasons Eufa cup run but not fit to lace Gordons boots. CG will go on to bigger and better things than Sunderland.. McGregor know your place!!

He used to play for Hearts.

With the smiley face at the end of your chat I'd rather call you a hun ;)

Have to see how Burley handles the pressure, Gordon is far and beyond anything McGregor is now and will be lightyears beyond him as he progresses in the EPL. McGregor is a shotstopper, Gordon is class and will be something special once matured.

Christ call me what you like but not that.Your sick:eek:

jamboian2006

Seem to forget how bad he was against Kaunus very quickly.

One guy has been a first team regular since 19.

The same guy has been Scotland undisputed number 1 for 3.5 years.

The same guys now plays in the EPL.

During that time you can count the number of mistakes on 2 hands.

The other has been first team regular for just over 12 months despite being a year older

That same person's defining moment is a few excellent saves in 1 European tie.

That same person has a penchant for coming for and missing cross balls. Even during his defining moment he missed 3 crosses, 2 of which should have led to goals.

It's a no brainer and you wouldn't have to be that for from brain dead (or completely p!ssed) to go for the latter

i've watched a lot of sunderland games to see how craig gordon has been getting on

the finishing (ie torres on saturday) is of a standard unbelievably higher than in the spl, so gordon isnt seen making the mcgregor style "saves for the camera", as he just cant get near them

craig gordon has gone into the epl, and hasnt embarrassed himeslf, and often gets plaudits for his performances - FACT

gordon would walk into the rangers first team - FACT

mcgregor would get found out in the epl - FACT

*on a side note, who thinks alexander if a better keeper than mcgregor?

Call me small minded if you like but I have a funny feeling there will be a new Scotland No 1 soon.;)

I'm not so sure. Burley is his own man and he has worked with Gordon at club level. I think McGregor will have to wait a while longer...

Loved it when McGregor was injured as i knew the weegie would have to forget all about him,just knew when the season started they's start it all up again,i go to all the Scotland games and i have never once ever heard him get criticised.The fans would crack if Burley put McGregor in

agreed

Andy Goram and Stefan Klos both fantastic goalkeepers but how the hell can MacGregor even be mentioned beside them is beyond me.Half the Rangers fans even think he is vastly over rated.

Jam Tarts 1874

The "mafia" campaigners for McGregor seem oblivious to all the mistakes McGregor has made in his last handful of games. I am pretty sure Burley will keep Gordon as No:1 though, but as already mentioned by and earlier poster, as soon as Burley is out Gordon will be out too.

i've watched a lot of sunderland games to see how craig gordon has been getting on

the finishing (ie torres on saturday) is of a standard unbelievably higher than in the spl, so gordon isnt seen making the mcgregor style "saves for the camera", as he just cant get near them

craig gordon has gone into the epl, and hasnt embarrassed himeslf, and often gets plaudits for his performances - FACT

gordon would walk into the rangers first team - FACT

mcgregor would get found out in the epl - FACT

*on a side note, who thinks alexander if a better keeper than mcgregor?

I have always thought Alexander was better.It is also interesting to note the Alexander was Scotlands No.2 until he went to Rangers.Personally i think Burley may even rate Marshall ahead of MacGregor.Would be interesting to see who would get the top spot if Gordon was injured.

ps Never seen the Liverpool game,how did Gordon play ?

Pretty sure Burley quashed this a while back by saying publicly that Gordon was his no.1 and he saw no reason to change it (but also soothed the weegie press by saying he was delighted to have two top quality keepers etc).

It is night and day between the two of them however. Gordon is superior in every way, but the west press can't help but go way OTT (ala David Marshall) about McGregor...who is decent, but no more than that.

Sadly, if it wasn't for Burley in charge, I wouldn't be suprised if the Scotland manager buckled to the pressure and put McGregor in.

Did anyone see the ad for the exclusive pictures in some Sunday rag showing McGregor with his new fiancee? Hilarious. They must have been together for about 3 weeks.

The Old Tolbooth
Seem to forget how bad he was against Kaunus very quickly.

Exactly! Selective memories or what!

I take it they didn't also see CG making superb saves against Liverpool at the weekend either. :confused:

I got very annoyed onb watching some highlights of Saturdays game yesterday.

The reaction from Mcgregor when Larry went in over the ball on Thomson,he was pointing his finger and trying to look really hard.Has he forgotten his assault on Callum Elliott at Tynie last year?.

Captain Lithuania

Small minded..

Captain Lithuania
Exactly! Selective memories or what!

I take it they didn't also see CG making superb saves against Liverpool at the weekend either. :confused:

Don't know. I think he kacked it when Xabi Alonso belted one from his own half lol.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Last time I watched McGregor play for Scotland (v South africa i think) we were very shakey with him goal.

Gordon came on 2nd half and I thought we looked a diffrent team. Gordon was out bossing the defence and telling people what he wanted etc.

That must be a year ago now. I think McGregor would be a good number 2 and will improve, but he is not the finnish product yet!

If gets to play in the friendly I think that would good to get he confidence up.

In any case he's is not as bad as DOUGLAS!!!!!!!

john brownlee
The "mafia" campaigners for McGregor seem oblivious to all the mistakes McGregor has made in his last handful of games. I am pretty sure Burley will keep Gordon as No:1 though, but as already mentioned by and earlier poster, as soon as Burley is out Gordon will be out too.

As proved in the last GFA select game burley didn't, cant, pick the players he wants

So in a reality check macgregor is the no1 An ugly will always be picked as first choice as has been proved many times in the past

I disagree, I think Burley will pick who he wants and I don't think he'll drop Gordon unless he starts playing badly. I was quite pleased to see the squad for the N.I game didn't include the likes of Weir, Dailly and McCullough - quite brave on Burleys part!

Archived