Deflated

Professor.Arturo

Buffalo Bill
We were stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Despite my efforts ( :rolleyes: ) it seemed that a lot of Hearts fans would not follow the club to Murrayfield and thus we had no option but to accept the man from the East with money. I welcomed him though some was a bit cautious over his motives.

The whole Banks situation is worrying but I'd rather wait until more info leaks out or Banks speaks, or acts, himself. Regardless, we still look better than last season. ;)

To be fair, I'm not that bothered about this. Banks, as I said seems like a really good guy but I'm sure he won't go hungry.

We just have to accept that Vlad demands 100% total old-school loyalty and will screw over anyone he suspects is lacking in that; whether that's the case or not.

It's also worth remembering that the owners of HMFC have screwed their star players for generations: Cruikie, Bauld, Conn etc. That doesn't make what Vlad is doing right. But it shows that it's nothing new.

Buffalo Bill

I dont think the issue here is whether Steve Banks is a competent GK or not. The issue here, for me anyway, is the way that Vlad has stuck his nose into the playing side of the team yet again. Csaba has been here 5 minutes and already Vlad is meddling in team affairs. As long as he is here nothing will change, the guy is off his rocker. If anyone thinks Csaba will last the season then I'm afraid there off their rocker as well.

Buffalo Bill
I dont think the issue here is whether Steve Banks is a competent GK or not. The issue here, for me anyway, is the way that Vlad has stuck his nose into the playing side of the team yet again. Csaba has been here 5 minutes and already Vlad is meddling in team affairs. As long as he is here nothing will change, the guy is off his rocker. If anyone thinks Csaba will last the season then I'm afraid there off their rocker as well.

I quite like my boss at work.

But like me, he has his boss.

Sometimes, his boss will boss him, and will occasionaly boss me.

I don't like it, but I understand the chain of command.

My boss' boss is the boss of him. And in the greater scheme of things: my boss' boss is my boss too.

I can either accept it: or **** off!

Buffalo Bill

Captain Lithuania
Yup, its happened again. Things were looking good and going in the right direction....then BANG! Mad Vlad does it again (I have defended him in the past but no more). Stevie Banks, a great and loyal servant to our club since he arrived, has now joined 'Mad Vlads' growing list of victims with a knife between their shoulder blades.

There have been a stack of threads over the last couple of years asking "when will be your breaking point?"

Well, today is mine, Romanov can GTF, And the worst case scenario of starting again in Div 3 appeals to me very much now. This lunatic is not here for the good of Heart of Midlothian, he is here for his own good! and God help anyone who gets in his way. I even think back to the days of the Pieman, and that is preferable to what we have now, maybe sharing a stadium with no glory hunters and 10 or 12 thousand fans cheering the side and feeling good about the future.

I know I'm not alone in this thinking, I have heard it from more than you'd think! I went to Tynie for the first time in 1969, it seems like a million years ago.

If you disagree then fine, but dont bother with the abuse from the usual suspects....coz you can blow me! Like I said, there are a lot of genuine Hearts fans now share my view.

Rant over....for now. :mad:

Some silverware I suppose

So Buffalo Bill are you telling me that you are happy with the constant meddling that Vlad obviously still has and probably will continue to have in team affairs??

As much as Csaba has said he will work with others within the club in selecting players etc, surely he wont be too happy with all the constant interference.

Professor.Arturo
Ratcatcher - can you tell us about your first Hearts game ?

Tell us about your first experience of Easter Road victories as well

That will cheer us up more than your public willingness to stop " supporting " us

There's always one!

My first game was a 2-2 draw with Motherwell, dont remember it much now, and I dont recall when I was first taken to Easter rd........I was 8yr old FFS!

Having had enough of Romanov is not 'stopping my support' for Hearts, never said that.

Buffalo Bill
So Buffalo Bill are you telling me that you are happy with the constant meddling that Vlad obviously still has and probably will continue to have in team affairs??

No.

But I'm saying that's the reality.

Buffalo Bill

Nucky Thompson

As much as Csaba has said he will work with others within the club in selecting players etc, surely he wont be too happy with all the constant interference.

I think Vlad will always have a say in team affairs as he is the owner. I think most people would be happy if he kept out of picking the team, training and tactics which doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Guest jambomickey
I think Vlad will always have a say in team affairs as he is the owner. I think most people would be happy if he kept out of picking the team, training and tactics which doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Ii'd be happy if he let the manager decide which players he wanted to sign and which players he wanted to offload! let the manager pick the team, training and decide the tactics, he's a buisnessman and not a football man so as far as i'm concerned he shouldn't be anywhere near the dressing room.

Nucky Thompson
Ii'd be happy if he let the manager decide which players he wanted to sign and which players he wanted to offload! let the manager pick the team, training and decide the tactics, he's a buisnessman and not a football man so as far as i'm concerned he shouldn't be anywhere near the dressing room.
You always get owners who decide if a player is available for selection. Murray done it with Ball because if he played another game it triggered an extra payment.

Guest jambomickey
You always get owners who decide if a player is available for selection. Murray done it with Ball because if he played another game it triggered an extra payment.

you do get odd occasions but our owner does it far too often! as phil anderton said he's a fantasy football manager' as i've said he's a buisnessman and not a football man, nobody who's played the game and been a manager is going to stand being told there job by romanov miles away in lithuania the vast majority of the time

I was about to post virtually the same sentiments, so you've summed it up perfectly for me.

'Together'!? I've never felt further apart from Heart of Midlothian in 30 years.

Success at any price over respect and decency? No thanks. In fact, not much flamin' success anyway.

Shameless.

Could not have put it any better. Well said

There's always one!

My first game was a 2-2 draw with Motherwell, dont remember it much now, and I dont recall when I was first taken to Easter rd........I was 8yr old FFS!

Having had enough of Romanov is not 'stopping my support' for Hearts, never said that.

Exactly....I hate Romanov but i still love Hearts. Some people struggle to make this distiction.

I Can.

Respect the views of the OP but personally could not give a monkeys about Steve Banks. Average goalkeeper at best. A good result on Saturday and it will be yesterday's news.....

I think you totally miss the point.

Regardless on what the real story is on Banks, the effect of the whole situation has been to stall much of the momentum gathered over the last month. If a similar situation appeared at another club then it would not be so detrimental. It would appear Keeper dropped, fall out with staff, recieves demotion, move on. In our case because of the situation having overtones of unwelcome interference from above, it becomes a far bigger issue, an issue that began unravelling with the signing of Kello. Again a non issue for any other club. It would be a club signing a rated young keeper who almost helped his unknown club into the group stages of the Champions League. For us it seems we have been handed Eddie Kurskis mark II.

The point of my post is that even amidst all the positive noises coming in the last few weeks, we jump at any hint of negativity and unrest. This is a difficult state of affairs and is certainly proven by the lack of positive posting today and yesterday. The most troubling is that fans are denouncing their support for Hearts and effectively all we have done is drop a goalkeeper, replace him with the current national u21 goalkeeper. Most teams would see this as positive. I for one, although concerned with the situation look forward to seeing how the Hearts players play for their respective countries this week and then listen (I am overseas) to them destroying St. Mirren on Saturday in front of a packed and noisy Tynecastle.

The future is BRIGHT the future is MAROON!

Greedy_Jambo

If Mad Vlad did say what he's meant to of said in the hearts dressing room.... who was it that told the media about it? oh oh, another one not to be trusted. I hope it was a lithuanian.

Guest jambomickey
Regardless on what the real story is on Banks, the effect of the whole situation has been to stall much of the momentum gathered over the last month. If a similar situation appeared at another club then it would not be so detrimental. It would appear Keeper dropped, fall out with staff, recieves demotion, move on. In our case because of the situation having overtones of unwelcome interference from above, it becomes a far bigger issue, an issue that began unravelling with the signing of Kello. Again a non issue for any other club. It would be a club signing a rated young keeper who almost helped his unknown club into the group stages of the Champions League. For us it seems we have been handed Eddie Kurskis mark II.

The point of my post is that even amidst all the positive noises coming in the last few weeks, we jump at any hint of negativity and unrest. This is a difficult state of affairs and is certainly proven by the lack of positive posting today and yesterday. The most troubling is that fans are denouncing their support for Hearts and effectively all we have done is drop a goalkeeper, replace him with the current national u21 goalkeeper. Most teams would see this as positive. I for one, although concerned with the situation look forward to seeing how the Hearts players play for their respective countries this week and then listen (I am overseas) to them destroying St. Mirren on Saturday in front of a packed and noisy Tynecastle.

The future is BRIGHT the future is MAROON!

storys like this are blown up because of whats happened in the past mate! since csaba arrived everythings been positive and that's the way i want it to continue

Greedy_Jambo
storys like this are blown up because of whats happened in the past mate! since csaba arrived everythings been positive and that's the way i want it to continue

It has all been positive as far as csaba is concerned and i'd like to to praise the man for his efforts so far. But we have the two lithuanian love twins acting up again, wee miko with his big stupidity and wee vlad the banker with his big mad crazy mentalness.

I am aware of that but I am pointing out that too many people like to pick up on the negatives and not the positives. Scottish mentality I am sorry to say. What true supporters of any cause do is rally in trying circumstances, take positives and show even more support for their concern. The same people bashing the club right now, the players, the management and the supporters who are showing continued support, are the same people who would be outraged if a player's head went down in the time of a crisis ie losing a goal, being dropped, missing a good scoring opp, etc. Double standards. If I am honest, I have supported Hearts from a far and have never enjoyed following the club more than I have since Vlad came on the scene. As much as there a terrible times, I always have that feeling that we have far more chance than ever of success. We now have bigger gates, higher turnover, players on wages that nobody outside the Old Firm can get close to (good or bad) and more interest in the club than ever before. We have huge potential in our academy, a deeper squad than ever before, competition for various positions on the team and it may appear we have a brilliant young manager. Ask a Hearts supporter if they are looking forward to Saturday agaianst St. Mirren or the last time they remember as many players gone during an international week.

Can't speak for anyone else chief, but my answer to that would be that much as I enjoy kickback (read it virtually every 10 minutes at work -don't tell the boss;)) I don't feel the need to boost a post count with "I agree" and "LOL" type responses.

The fact that I don't post regularly indicates to me just how p'd off I am with the way in which my club has deteriorated that I've bothered to post now.

I agree (LOL)

Captain Canada

Players come and go for a number of reasons. I don't support Hartley, Elvis or Banks, I support Hearts. Whatever the truth is with Banks (can't imagine they made him sign a new contract at gun point) he is easily replaced. I was very hacked off the time the whole Elvis & Hartley thing happened but we got rid at the right time as both of them have been i decline as players ever since. I disagree with a lot of what Vlad's done but punting players who hanker to play for the old firm is a policy I do agree with, it's bad enough contending with the referees.

Archived