Upcoming Gigs and what have you

djf

What are people looking forward to at the moment?

I'm seeing Bon Iver and Frightened Rabbit in Edinburgh over September.

Then The Hold Steady at the Glasgow ABC on the 1st of Ocotber.

Also looking to get tickets for Okkervil River in Glasgow in Novemeber.

An outside chance I might make a trip down to London to see The Mountain Goats as well.

Malcolm Tucker

Jimmy Carr on friday.

Digitalism on Saturday.

Mighty Boosh in September.

Mogwai and Errors in October.

October: Mogwai, Disturbed, The Berzerker, As Blood Runs Black, Born of Osiris.

November: Never Say Die Tour: Parkway Drive, Unearth, Despised Icon, Architects, Protest the Hero, Whitechapel, Carnifex. As well as the Machine Head/Bodom/Slipknot tour.

December: Counting Crows if I can find anyone to go with/afford a ticket.

Not a bad end to the year!

I P Knightley

Some AC/DC tribute band in the middle of October then the big one:

The Who in Philadelphia at the end of October.:band:

August : Alkaline Trio and Flood of Red

September : Twin Atlantic, Underoath, The Academy Is and maybe Millencolin if I can afford it.

October : The Blackout, Devil Sold His Soul, Frank Turner, Taste of Chaos Tour (Atreyu, Story of the Year, As I Lay Dying) and Kris Roe of The Ataris is supposed to be doing an acoustic tour at the end of the month so him too if it happens.

November : August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, Death Cab for Cutie, Less Than Jake, My American Heart, Anberlin.

December : Streetlight Manifesto and Dashboard Confessional.

I'm especially looking forward to November, been wanting to see a lot of those bands for a long, long time!

August : Alkaline Trio and Flood of Red

September : Twin Atlantic, Underoath, The Academy Is and maybe Millencolin if I can afford it.

October : The Blackout, Devil Sold His Soul, Frank Turner, Taste of Chaos Tour (Atreyu, Story of the Year, As I Lay Dying) and Kris Roe of The Ataris is supposed to be doing an acoustic tour at the end of the month so him too if it happens.

November : August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, Death Cab for Cutie, Less Than Jake, My American Heart, Anberlin.

December : Streetlight Manifesto and Dashboard Confessional.

I'm especially looking forward to November, been wanting to see a lot of those bands for a long, long time!

Didn't know about that; cheers, mate!

No bother. I think it's on the 3rd and it's at King Tuts so it should be good, cannae beat it as a venue. Yashin and Civilised are supporting as far as I can remember.

October: Mogwai, Disturbed, The Berzerker, As Blood Runs Black, Born of Osiris.

November: Never Say Die Tour: Parkway Drive, Unearth, Despised Icon, Architects, Protest the Hero, Whitechapel, Carnifex. As well as the Machine Head/Bodom/Slipknot tour.

December: Counting Crows if I can find anyone to go with/afford a ticket.

Not a bad end to the year!

you have one great taste in music my friend. im hoping to get to summer slaughter on the 30th of august, suicide silence, born of osiris, abigail williams and as blood runs black :)

im at underoath in october.. that should be class.

parkway drive in november.. im there. architects and whitechapel should be sweet live.

ArmiyaRomanova

WIRE at The Arches in September

NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS at the Corn Exchange in November.

And maybe THE RESIDENTS somewhere in Europe in November too if we can get cheap flights.

Old traditionalist, me.....

you have one great taste in music my friend. im hoping to get to summer slaughter on the 30th of august, suicide silence, born of osiris, abigail williams and as blood runs black :)

im at underoath in october.. that should be class.

parkway drive in november.. im there. architects and whitechapel should be sweet live.

Why thank you! I wish more people had as good a taste as we do.

Forgot about Suicide Silence and Abigail Williams! Absolutely class bands; especially SS.

The Berzerker are apparently playing with Parkway Drive et al too; give them a try if you haven't already: http://www.myspace.com/theberzerker

Also can't wait for Whitechapel and Carnifex. ABRB should be class too. See you there, man! Edit: forgot to add, I'll be the one getting my face kicked in in the pits :D

What are people looking forward to at the moment?

I'm seeing Bon Iver and Frightened Rabbit in Edinburgh over September.

Went to see Frightened Rabbit last week, supporting The Twilight Sad. Cracking band, really good gig. Quite fancy seeing Bon Iver but I'm totally skint, and had to choose Travis instead.

No idea who most of the bands are on this thread!

At the moment the only stuff I have tickets for are:

Emmylou Harris at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow

The Charlatans at whatever Century 2000 is going to be called

I am toying with the idea of going to that rank 80s festival in Glasgow just to see Susanna Hoffs ...

The Rascals @ The Garage

The Courteeners @ Barrowlands

Little Man Tate @ Liquid Room

Paul Weller in Newcastle

Hopefully secure a ticket for Oasis @ SECC in November on Wednesday as well.

Sunday - Get Loaded in the Park in London (Iggy & The Stooges, Supergrass, The Hives, Gossip, Mylo, and many others)

Tuesday - The Raconteurs @ The Corn Exchange

October - CSS @ Liquid Rooms

November - Feeder @ Picture House

There are a few others in the pipeline I'm getting tickets for.

Pendulum on Thursday.

The Raconteurs next week.

I may get a restraining order issued by Jack White at some point.

Went to see Frightened Rabbit last week, supporting The Twilight Sad. Cracking band, really good gig. Quite fancy seeing Bon Iver but I'm totally skint, and had to choose Travis instead.

http://www.themill-live.com/

If you take a look here FR are playing again in Edinburgh at The Mill (a new venue I assume?) during September and tickets are free.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Jimmy Carr on friday.

Digitalism on Saturday.

Mighty Boosh in September.

Mogwai and Errors in October.

Same here. Been waiting for it since they cancelled in May. Apparantly they;ve some new stuff on the way, should be interesting to hear. Seen them twice now, and as good as they are, something different would be good.

Wednesday night - Metallica in Dublin.

Im so jealous

Well Ive got:

Frankie Boyle @ Festival Theatre OCTOBER

*Black Stone Cherry @ Barrowlands DECEMBER

* I highly recomed this new American rock band ;-)

Armin van Buuren - Armada Closing party @ Amnesia

Various other closing parties around the White Isle

Frankie Boyle in November ;)

http://www.themill-live.com/

If you take a look here FR are playing again in Edinburgh at The Mill (a new venue I assume?) during September and tickets are free.

Aww, **** sake! Same night as Travis, nightmare. Good spot mate, you'll definately enjoy it.

As a consolation, should be heading to see OCS in December, saw them about the same time last year and thought they were really good.

Rancid in November and Ben Kweller at Tuts in December. Might go and see Finch when I'm in Chicago next week. Probably not though as they've only got one song I like.

Dougie Maclean on saturday, then Iglu and hartley, bombay bicycle club, less than jake possibly,

Dylan Moran is doing a show in peebles next month!

woopa

Im so jealous

Well Ive got:

Frankie Boyle @ Festival Theatre OCTOBER

*Black Stone Cherry @ Barrowlands DECEMBER

* I highly recomed this new American rock band ;-)

I reeeeeeeeeeally can't wait!

My return flight was ?15. I've got accomodation for ?9 a night. Concert ticket was ?76 all in. 3 times the fecking price!

Totally worth it.

I reeeeeeeeeeally can't wait!

My return flight was ?15. I've got accomodation for ?9 a night. Concert ticket was ?76 all in. 3 times the fecking price!

Totally worth it.

Wish I had done that. Taking the full family(5) to Twickers for Maiden ate up the budget.

Still have Scorpions to look forward to in October with Fall Out Boy and Bullet FMV in November.

Jimmy Carr on friday.

Seen him last night - excellent!!

The Wombats - Carling Academy

Really? They're ****!

The Mill is a new venue, was gig/century before !!

Only thing planned is The Sensational Alex Harvey Band who are recording a live album in the Liquid Rooms 19th/20th Dec special guests including fish and someone from rainbow!

Might go and see LIVE/WIRE on the 15th of Nov and Molly Hatchett on the 30th Nov aswell!

Rancid in November and Ben Kweller at Tuts in December. Might go and see Finch when I'm in Chicago next week. Probably not though as they've only got one song I like.

You should definatley try and catch Finch. I went to see them at King Tuts in May, beforehand I wasn't all that keen on most of their stuff, just the more popular songs like Letters to You, Stay With Me etc but after seeing everything else live I was surprised how into them I got, especially the 'Say Hello to Sunshine' album which I used to hate. Their new stuff is pretty decent too.

Here's a video I took (theres more if you click onto my channel):

digitalism, mgmt, vampire weekend, and foals. was too wrecked to appeciate foals when i seen them in london the other week at field day.

You should definatley try and catch Finch. I went to see them at King Tuts in May, beforehand I wasn't all that keen on most of their stuff, just the more popular songs like Letters to You, Stay With Me etc but after seeing everything else live I was surprised how into them I got, especially the 'Say Hello to Sunshine' album which I used to hate. Their new stuff is pretty decent too.

Here's a video I took (theres more if you click onto my channel):

I saw Finch live 5 years ago at Leeds.

I can remember them bein one of the bands I was urged to see while at the festival because they were apparently so good live. I had heard one of their albums and really quite liked it. Turned out to be one of the worst live acts I've ever seen.

DemonCleaner
Geno Washington on Thursday at The Jamhouse.

might catch a performance during the week, a bunch of mates are recording a few of the shows this week.

just pelican and russian circles around september time. maybe bon iver too

Never heard of most of the bands quoted on here. :cool: I have got tickets for the Bootleg Beatles just before Xmas though. :)

KateSpow8191

Got tickets for Frankie Boyle, Bullet for my valentine and Feeder so far. Theres quite a few more that i might buy soon though.

Archived