Beniuseless

PeterCapital

Delighted for him yesterday. As I have just said on another thread, he sounded a lot better yesterday and had a decent pop at goal.

A player who has suffered from the total mismanagement at the club.

Thrown in to start a derby when he should never have played. Fans frustration taken out on him. Must have been a really bad one for the chaps confidence.

Superb on Saturday, definitely the best striker we have at the moment

i think you are getting a bit carried away, velicka tries like a bear and scores goals regularly, just because beni managed things like controlling a ball and kicking it doesn't make him our best striker.

Was at the game and thought he looked good when he came on, really wanted him to score and he wasn't far off, maybe we can call him by his actual name now?!

portobellojambo1

:Hearts Man spotrun:

One assumes you had a good day out on Saturday, involving a large consumption of alcohol.

He performed the basics, something you would expect of a 10 year old, never mind a professional, but superb, get a grip.

I've only seen him play twice (missed the opener against Hibs).

Both times he has been unlucky not to score and looks like a real handful

I would like to think that Beniusis has what it takes. I know he had a shocker in the 1st game of the season against Hibs but he has not really had enough chances to perform. I would still prefer Nade to partner Velicka for the time being.

Maybe if Beny gets more chances he may show his true potential, although given the state we are in just now it would be best not to risk it IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo

still have nightmares about beniuseless "performances". If he ever pulls on the jersey again, it'll be too soon for me. Regardless of whether or not he got through 15 minutes without embarrasing himself and hmfc yesterday.

He should never have played in the first derby of the season. The sensible option would have been to bring him to Hearts and play him in the reserves until he showed enough ability to get a chance in the first team.

That now seems to be happening and I feel that he could go on to prove to be a decent player in the squad particularly as we only have Velicka and Nade (occasionally) up front who have shown anything to prove their worth to the team this season.

Gimme an H...
still have nightmares about beniuseless performances. If he ever pulls on the jersey again, it'll be too soon for me. Regardless of whether or not he got through 15 minutes without embarrasing himself and hmfc yesterday.

People seem to think he's good now or 'usefull' just because he made an appearance and didnt fvuck up.

Granted he may not be as bad as we all thought but jesus one appearance where he doesnt manage to look **** doesnt make him a different player to the one we seen in the derby.

Velicka is a first pick. Nade is improving. Beniusis still has it all to prove if he is to start games.

I honestly still think is has a long way to go. a lot has been said about his work ethic and if you look at the goal he scored it was his laziness in not getting back onside. he had a good 5 yard head start and thats how he scored.

good finish though

Guest JamboRobbo
I honestly still think is has a long way to go. a lot has been said about his work ethic and if you look at the goal he scored it was his laziness in not getting back onside. he had a good 5 yard head start and thats how he scored.

good finish though

he had been closing down the keeper before the kickout and was jogging back as the ball came straight back at him from the kickout. players do it all the time. normally it's been headed by a player from their own team, so they have to leave it to run through to the goalie. see it all the time.

don't believe everything the tangoman tells you.

still have nightmares about beniuseless "performances". If he ever pulls on the jersey again, it'll be too soon for me. Regardless of whether or not he got through 15 minutes without embarrasing himself and hmfc yesterday.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He played well and looked a lot fitter than he did against Hibs...im guessing you were not at the game yesterday

People seem to think he's good now or 'usefull' just because he made an appearance and didnt fvuck up.

Granted he may not be as bad as we all thought but jesus one appearance where he doesnt manage to look **** doesnt make him a different player to the one we seen in the derby.

There were factors to that though, mate.

He was brought in to a team after only playing a bit part against Barcalona in a pre-season friendly. I can remember Frail saying quite a while back that he was nowhere near fit enough to play. We all know why he did though. Hearts also went with the 451 (443) AFTER playing pre-season in the usual 442. He was not the only one that night who looked well of the pace and struggling to adapt to the new formation.

Beni may turn out to be poor, he may just surprise a few folk. One thing is IMO important to remember is the voice from the higher seats at Hearts have not helped the player one little bit.

I remember a player having a nightmare on his first game at ibrox hooked at half time. Banished to the reserves for three months. the rests history.

WHO WAS IT?

FLOGAL

Gimme an H...

He was brought in to a team after only playing a bit part against Barcalona in a pre-season friendly. I can remember Frail saying quite a while back that he was nowhere near fit enough to play. We all know why he did though. Hearts also went with the 451 (443) AFTER playing pre-season in the usual 442. He was not the only one that night who looked well of the pace and struggling to adapt to the new formation.

Beni may turn out to be poor, he may just surprise a few folk. One thing is IMO important to remember is the voice from the higher seats at Hearts have not helped the player one little bit.

I agree with that Gigalo but its just people that seem to think that he is good now after EVERYONE on here called him all the names under the sun and saying that he should never pull on the jersey again after 'that' game and now after he had a shot on goal a good few folk are praising him. I just think its a bit two faced.

I do agree that it may have ruined any chance he may have had at being good at Hearts by putting him in a derby game under the circumstances you mentioned.

Gimme an H...
I remember a player having a nightmare on his first game at ibrox hooked at half time. Banished to the reserves for three months. the rests history.

WHO WAS IT?

FLOGAL

See above mate, Ive explained myself. I want every player to be good at Hearts but I just think some people are compensating for what they said about him after the derby.

Thunderstruck

What the....!!!! You are quick to condemn the man on the basis of ONE game but seem unwilling to give him the benefit based on what you saw yesterday; if, indeed, you "saw" anything.

I agree with that Gigalo but its just people that seem to think that he is good now after EVERYONE on here called him all the names under the sun and saying that he should never pull on the jersey again after 'that' game and now after he had a shot on goal a good few folk are praising him. I just think its a bit two faced.

I do agree that it may have ruined any chance he may have had at being good at Hearts by putting him in a derby game under the circumstances you mentioned.

I agree, mate. Think I would have been very vocal when posting about him after the Hibs game. But, when you step away from the keyboard and look at the bigger picture, the factors which I mentioned in the previous post show that he was not helped one bit by someone making decisions who is not a football man.

Beni looked out of his depth against Hibs.

Looked a lot better in his brief show yesterday.

Improvement though.

If he keeps doing the basics, working hard - we may see a different player to the one we thought we had.

Gimme an H...
I agree, mate. Think I would have been very vocal when posting about him after the Hibs game. But, when you step away from the keyboard and look at the bigger picture, the factors which I mentioned in the previous post show that he was not helped one bit by someone making decisions who is not a football man.

Improvement though.

If he keeps doing the basics, working hard - we may see a different player to the one we thought we had.

Well here's hoping.

Feel sorry for him.

Thats cheating, is it not?:)

Gimme an H...
What the....!!!! You are quick to condemn the man on the basis of ONE game but seem unwilling to give him the benefit based on what you saw yesterday; if, indeed, you "saw" anything.

I seen the same as everyone else pal, a few touches and a shot at goal.

Despite being treated unfairly and being the victim of some seriously DISASTEROUS 'management' he still has to show us a lot more before he can become 'Bennyuseful' IMO.

EVERYONE never gave him abuse. It was one game.

Gimme an H...
EVERYONE never gave him abuse. It was one game.

Bet they did:p.

It was all anyone could talk about for weeks after that game ffs!

Improvement though.

The performance and position of the Hearts period is based on the personal whims of someone playing fantasy football. This doesnt just apply to one player but the whole team.

It would be great if we were given the opportunity, before the season's over, to give him a 3 stand rendition of "YOU'RE NOT USELESS ANY MORE".

Fingers crossed that he takes a chance at Tynie - he might be the man to finally end the Gretna hoodoo!

(are we gettin carried away?)

Disagree. He played well in this game and againt Aberdeen last time. Worth giving him a chance.

Bet they did:p.

It was all anyone could talk about for weeks after that game ffs!

It just seemed that way as some posters just say the same thing over and over, day after day after day.

Commander Harris
now known as Beniuseful

the apostle Paul made the same joke in his letter to Philemon. :)

Vlad_Knows_Best

:Hearts Man spotrun:

You heap praise on the guy..........superb ............best striker we have............... yet you call him Beniuseless in the title of your thread..........................seems a bit contradictary.

It just seemed that way as some posters just say the same thing over and over, day after day after day.

Correct.

Nobody in a maroon jersey covered themselves in glory that day.

It's laughable that people wouldn't give him a second chance.

Pressley wouldn't have spent so long with us if that was the basis on measuring a player thats for sure.

jambos are go!

Its a sad fact that certain players are not given any sort of chance by some so called supporters of HMFC. I've not seen enough of the guy to reach an informed judgement but others seem to ready to rant. How much 1st team football has he played again? Compare and contrast the reaction with the warm support initially given to the hapless Hans Eskillson not that many years ago.

JR, you've slated the guy ever since his howler of a debut, and we've spoken about this before.

How can you slate the guy SO quickly? Thats what I just cannot get. Now, I admit, he had a stinker during his debut, thats fair enough. But as others have suggested, perhaps this was down to "behind the scenes" problems at the club, who knows. As somone who is far from happy with the way the club is wrong, did you ever consider this?

Since his debut, he's appreared how many more times? Twice? I've only witnessed him once (debut), I dont know how many times you've seen him in total, but by all accounts yesterday he done alright.

So how can you have the guy hung drawn and quartered after only 3 appearances, of which at least one has drawn tentative praise on this board?

Im not sayin he's the best, Im not saying he's the worst, I honestly dont know just now. He's a striker, Ive always said strikers need a run in the side before they can be judged.

I sometimes wonder if Benny"useless" is no more than manifestation of "all things Romanov" in your eyes mate;)

From scotsman.com

With quarter of an hour to go, Velicka gave way to Ricardas Beniusis, whose cameo appearance showed the difference a little confidence can make to a player and a team. After a competitive debut against Hibs in which he was well off the pace, the big target man was cruelly christened 'Benny Useless' and was the subject of suggestions that his was the worst debut by a Hearts player in recent memory. He was anything but useless here, however, and laid on a decent chance for Audrius Ksanavicius as well as having a shot on target himself.

JR, you've slated the guy ever since his howler of a debut, and we've spoken about this before.

How can you slate the guy SO quickly? Thats what I just cannot get. Now, I admit, he had a stinker during his debut, thats fair enough. But as others have suggested, perhaps this was down to "behind the scenes" problems at the club, who knows. As somone who is far from happy with the way the club is wrong, did you ever consider this?

Since his debut, he's appreared how many more times? Twice? I've only witnessed him once (debut), I dont know how many times you've seen him in total, but by all accounts yesterday he done alright.

So how can you have the guy hung drawn and quartered after only 3 appearances, of which at least one has drawn tentative praise on this board?

Im not sayin he's the best, Im not saying he's the worst, I honestly dont know just now. He's a striker, Ive always said strikers need a run in the side before they can be judged.

I sometimes wonder if Benny"useless" is no more than manifestation of "all things Romanov" in your eyes mate;)

Please stop being reasonable, rational and logical Mr Shifty, there is no place for that on JKB..........

:)

Ricardas may turn out to be no more than ordinary / average but I have to wonder where people got the 'insight' to justify writing him off after only half a game ?

The A Lyga may not be up to the standard of the SPL :rolleyes: but surely you dont get to be leagues top scorer unless you have something in your locker

Please stop being reasonable, rational and logical Mr Shifty, there is no place for that on JKB..........

:)

Your right fork handles..........I forgot where I was.....

BENNY IS *****

Thats better, normal service has resumed on JKB:p

How can you slate the guy SO quickly? Thats what I just cannot get. Now, I admit, he had a stinker during his debut, thats fair enough.

I slated him cause it was clear he had no football ability, and he should not have been on the pitch in a Hearts jersey. Fair IMO.

He is symbolic of all that was wrong (and is now hopefully being fixed) at our club.

But as others have suggested, perhaps this was down to "behind the scenes" problems at the club, who knows. As somone who is far from happy with the way the club is wrong, did you ever consider this?

If he'd shown ANYTHING, fair enough. He didn't. Even most of the poorest players we have manage to show something to suggest they are a footballer.

No pace, no touch, no effort. Not good enough.

His debut was v Barca. I said then he shouldn't play next week as he was out of his depth. He played the next week, and sure enough was out of his depth. I'm comfortable with the assesment.

I feel he lacks the ability to play in the Hearts team. You are free to disagree. Time will tell who is correct.

Fair enough. I guess we'll see who is right and wrong.

Beniuseless is a name I gave to him which summaries embarrasing lack of any football ability I saw from someone who is supposed to be a professional footballer.

I think it's fair to say that yes, he does represent all that was (and hopefully no longer is) wrong at our football club.

Regardless of that, it was based on football ability that I've said what I think of him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Apologies just seen I've typed this in on my flatmates login as he left it logged in. This was JamboRobbo btw just to be clear.

Mmmmmm, interesting. Flatmate/alter ego, whatever..;)

Fair do's mate, time will tell re Benny.

If he DOES come good, I dare say we will both be happy!

When he scores I want to hear the same song we sang about Dennis Wyness, "he used to be sh***, but now he's alright"!

I'd like to see him partner Velicka, at least for a half, in a 4-4-2 that didn't have Mikey Stewart in it.

Too harsh.

Beniusis played well yesterday. Give him some credit.

Velicka had a similar recored at Kaunas and has become one of our most important players, give Beniusis a chance, he was hung out to dry on the opening day of the season but has shown some promise since. probably our best option after Velicka as Pospisil is gone Calum Elliot is a useless fecker, Makela is a joke and Pinilla will play 2 games a season max.

Beni may not be great but a few more sub appearances like yesterday and he may earn himself a start.

Beniuseless is a name I gave to him which summaries embarrasing lack of any football ability I saw from someone who is supposed to be a professional footballer.

I think it's fair to say that yes, he does represent all that was (and hopefully no longer is) wrong at our football club.

Regardless of that, it was based on football ability that I've said what I think of him. Nothing more, nothing less.

JR, were you at Pittodrie? For the record I am not a Beniusis fan/sympathiser and think we should have a youngster on the bench instead of him.

HOWEVER, the big man played very well after coming on against Aberdeen. More than the fact he won three headers (three more than Nade or Velicka did all day) was that his touch, composure and decision making was of a very good player. I swear if I had never seen him before then I would assume he was a good signing.

If you want to call him Beniuseless still then you'd better have far harsher names for Calum Elliot and Juho Makela because the big man showed more talent in 20 minutes than they two have in over a year.

did'nt see him on saturday but by all accounts he was pretty good when he came on. i liked what i saw at tynecastle when he made a brief appearance against the sheep. the jury is still out on him but he certainly looks a lot fitter than when he first arrived and he will certainly be a handful for defenders as he is the preferbial brick outhouse

So he wins a header and suddenly he's the best striker we have? laughable. He's a huddy, plain and simple. He's slow, his touch is rancid. The only thing you can say about him is he is big and strong, but you need more than that to be a striker.

I'm not Nade's biggest fan either but he is lightyears ahead of Bennyuseless in terms of holding/controlling the ball.

Mind you if we just want some big battering ram to hump high balls to then i suppose he could do a job. Most people would probably be happy with that.

Archived