wasp in car when driving

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

brutal, fecking panic stations:yadayada: i was in the other day as me and my wife were driving through to spend a day out at North Berwick with the kids, made her pull over and i dealt with the little fecker :Bazooka:, anyone else had a wasp in their car while driving.

brutal, fecking panic stations:yadayada: i was in the other day as me and my wife were driving through to spend a day out at North Berwick with the kids, made her pull over and i dealt with the little fecker :Bazooka:, anyone else had a wasp in their car while driving.

As the wheely bins are only collected every fortnight now, I had to take a trip to the dump. The additional bags had been sitting on top of my Black bin at the side of the house for a fews hours until I had the the chance to take them.

5 minutes into the journey to the dump I noticed a Wasp buzzing about and opened the window to try and belt it out. Looked in my rear view mirror and no lie there was about 20 of them flying about and crawling on the back window.:eek:

Pulled over right away, opened the boot and bolted!.....I'm afraid to say that bin bag didn't make it to the dump...I'm sure the stuff was all recyclable :o

chester copperpot
As the wheely bins are only collected every fortnight now, I had to take a trip to the dump. The additional bags had been sitting on top of my Black bin at the side of the house for a fews hours until I had the the chance to take them.

5 minutes into the journey to the dump I noticed a Wasp buzzing about and opened the window to try and belt it out. Looked in my rear view mirror and no lie there was about 20 of them flying about and crawling on the back window.:eek:

Pulled over right away, opened the boot and bolted!.....I'm afraid to say that bin bag didn't make it to the dump...I'm sure the stuff was all recyclable :o

That would've freaked me out something rotten. I'd have crashed for sure.

Nucky Thompson

I've never had one in the car for a while but I remember years ago I was in a hurry to go out and pulled my only clean jeans in of the washing line. I was too lazy to iron them and they looked OK so I pulled them on:rolleyes: I **** myself as a little fecker had got into one of the legs, it stung me about 4 times before I got the jeans back off:mad:

anyone else had a wasp in their car while driving.

No, but I've...

had one fly into my helmet* while riding my motorbike

had one in the sleeve of my coat and it stung me 4 times before I managed to get the coat off and kill it

* motorcycle helmet ;)

Era Macaroons

Reminds me of the time I cut my hedge, didnt have enough time to take it to the dump so loaded up the car with the black bags to take them along first thing in the morning.

Opened the door next morning to a warm car and totally bricked myself.....spider city all making new homes in my car!

maroonlegions
No, but I've...

had one in the sleeve of my coat and it stung me 4 times before I managed to get the coat off and kill it

* motorcycle helmet ;)

feck , one flew into your helmet , no thats scary i would have freaked big time, can imagine zig zagging all over the road.:eek:

feck , one flew into your helmet , no thats scary i would have freaked big time, can imagine zig zagging all over the road.:eek:

It was weird. Your eye recognises what is coming towards you but it happens so fast you can't do anything. Fortunately I was travelling around 40mph at the time and it was fast enough to stun it as it hit my face. Pulled over to the side of the road, shook it out and stomped it into oblivion.

The bike was just out the showroom so no way was I going to panic and drop it. Needless to say I always ride with my visor down now.

suicidalpostie

was driving back from dundee and was feeling a bit sleepy

so i put my front pass. window right down just got past

dumfy when a pigeon flew right into the van. totally sheeat

myself it flew straight into my side window which was up then

started break dancin all over the cab.their was feathers everywhere

managed to get my window down just as the bird decided to have a rest

right on my lap i panicked and flipped it out straight onto the car which was

along side me bounced off his windscreen and done a triple salco. never laughed so much in my life was ****ing myself even when i got home to the house.

:cheese::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::cheese:

joe kickass2
Nearly crashed when a spider came swinging down off the rear view mirror.

A spider lives in my wing mirror. I think its the cobwebs that are keeping the thing attached. That and chewing gum.

I had a similar experience with a wasp. Driving on the freeway, warm weather window open and a wasp flew into my shirt. Could feel it squirming around and the first slap just angered it, the second got it to sting and the third slowed it up enough to get it out of my shirt and out the window. Not a pleasant experience.

Our local golf course in Osoyoos had hundreds around the garbage cans, when you walked past to a tee box they would come after us. Got stung so often over the years started to react badly. Got one on the throat that swelled so bad the doctor gave me some intraveneous Benadryl I think. I now carry a stick that I rub on a sting immediately and take Benadryl orally when stung.

Doctor FinnBarr
No, but I've...

* motorcycle helmet ;)

Was riding on the M6 thro Cumbria when out of the blue a wasp comes walking up the inside of my visor, don't have the foggiest how it got there, but you shoulda seen me try to get the viser up quickly so the wind would blow it away without it being blown into my face!

On another occasion I had went into a mates house when we could hear angry buzzing coming from somewhere. Turns out it was a rather irate bee in the top pocket of my camo jacket, and was it angry! At a guess it had hit me on the chest and fell into the open pocket.

:slither:

Jambof3tornado

My mate rolled his granada near annan when a wasp flew in and settled on the can of coke that was resting between his legs,daft ******* panicked and went up an embankment.

I have had one on the inside rim of my motorbike visor,soon as I realised what it was I stupidly opened my visor while facing forward doing about 50mph and it smacked my face 3 or 4 times before I turned my head and out it flew,never stung me once,but jeezo I didnt half sheeet myself!!!

No, but I've...

* motorcycle helmet ;)

There was a boy crashed his bike last month in Comiston for the exact same reason, luckily he wasent killed.

heartgarfunkel
No, but I've...

* motorcycle helmet ;)

Jeez.:eek:

How sore on a one to ten rating were the stings? My irrational terror means I've not been stung since early childhood due to drastic evasive manoeuvring over the years. Including when in a car.

When I was a 17 year old schoolie taking driving lessons, I had a terrifying encounter with one of the evil *******s. I was about to do a right turn into one of the Durham's near Porty High School when I glanced in the rear view mirror. Like a yellow-nosed Messerschmidt 109E in the Battle of Britain, this swine was hovering just off my six o'clock, close to my ear. Unlike an RAF flyboy who might have pulled the stick into his guts and kicked opposite rudder to avoid the m.g. bullets and cannon shells, I just went totally Bez and it all went a bit blank. Before I knew it, I'd executed the turn at terrific speed, just missed a pedestrian, hit a kerb, stalled the Metro and was out the motor swearing like ****. The instructor was raging, but it was that arse who had his window down.:cheese:

Horrible, horrible things. I'd love to get a sting on a pair of tweezers, and sting myself, on MY terms. If it wasn't too sore, I'd kill as many of them as I could, to make up for decades of embarrassment and terror. The colour, noise, and way of the things just freaks me.

It happened to me once too. Complete panic stations. Whilst still keeping my eye on it I tried to pull over to get the bugger out, ended up hitting the kerb and scraping my alloys :( Wasps are evil: FACT

My worst ever experience with wasps was at Mull when I was about 10. Went behind a small hut to do a pish and about 20 seconds into it, I looked up and just above my head was a massive nest with 100's of the little ****ers swarming around it. Needless to say I bolted whilst still doing a pish.

chester copperpot
My god!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rofl:

Just wanted to post this before Mitchell did.

agh1.jpg

That killed me doing that, I'm hurt.

agh1.jpg

isn't that a hornet rather than a wasp? Those really are evil wee *******s, even worse than wasps.

rudiskacel06

apparently to be stung by a hornet is fxxking agony like a hot needle thrust in to your skin,i see more are in europe in the summer lol:(

I have two stories on this topic:-

I woke up suddenly on Valetines day 2005 thinking my wife was finally so sick of me as to stabbing me with knitting needles whilst I sorned on oblivious to the whiole thing only to find it was a wasp that had somehow got into my bed so it was frantically stinging me whilst I was slowly crushing it to death

Officating/marshalling at Doune hillclimb in June, being Scotland it was naturally accompanied by a downfall so at lunchtime we stripped down to shorts and hung the nomex overalls(for those unaware of these racing suits they are designed to be skin tight and involve some serious contortionists movements to get them on/off) on a handy tree to drip dry a bit. Lunch over we are getting our suits back when my friend heard this buzzing sound behind him. frantically running down the track trying his best to get the suit off he was stung several times but to make matters worse cars were comming haring over the flying finnish only to see a bloke running towards them deseperate to get out of his nomex suit. I don't know who was most worried by that but me I was helpless at the trackside

I was driving over Drumochter a few years ago in a 7 ton truck and heard a dull thud noise behind me. I tuned around to see what it was and there was an absolutely huge and pretty furious bee trying to take off from inbetween the seats. He had been sucked into the air intake and shot out of the air vent and whacked into the back wall of the cab. Amazing how quickly you can swerve around and do an emergency stop in a tiny layby in a truck that size. I've never got out a vehicle so quickly in my life.

a bet your were buzzing bzzzz

haha i tryed.

heartgarfunkel

agh1.jpg

Had a nightmare about that last night - it was biting as well as stinging.:eek:

Cheers;)

maroonlegions
Jeez.:eek:

How sore on a one to ten rating were the stings? My irrational terror means I've not been stung since early childhood due to drastic evasive manoeuvring over the years. Including when in a car.

When I was a 17 year old schoolie taking driving lessons, I had a terrifying encounter with one of the evil *******s. I was about to do a right turn into one of the Durham's near Porty High School when I glanced in the rear view mirror. Like a yellow-nosed Messerschmidt 109E in the Battle of Britain, this swine was hovering just off my six o'clock, close to my ear. Unlike an RAF flyboy who might have pulled the stick into his guts and kicked opposite rudder to avoid the m.g. bullets and cannon shells, I just went totally Bez and it all went a bit blank. Before I knew it, I'd executed the turn at terrific speed, just missed a pedestrian, hit a kerb, stalled the Metro and was out the motor swearing like ****. The instructor was raging, but it was that arse who had his window down.:cheese:

Horrible, horrible things. I'd love to get a sting on a pair of tweezers, and sting myself, on MY terms. If it wasn't too sore, I'd kill as many of them as I could, to make up for decades of embarrassment and terror. The colour, noise, and way of the things just freaks me.

iam with you on that one , evil is what they are and i hate them with a passion , will kill one on sight if i can, last year when i was out on delivery i was just starting my walk and put my hand into my bag to get the first bundle of mail out when i felt a painful jab on my hand so i lifted my hand out to find a evil fecker with stuck to my hand , well cue panic and jumping about like a lunatic , swearing and cursing with onlookers not at all impressed by their postie , i had to see out the delivery in quite a bit of pain for 3 hours, since then they have become my arch enemy , not quarter given and no prisoners.:sterb147::evil:

Nucky Thompson
since then they have become my arch enemy , not quarter given and no prisoners.:sterb147::evil:
Aye but you still get some people saying 'leave them alone and they'll no touch you':rolleyes: Feck that, if one comes within 100 yards of me I get myself armed with a rolled up newspaper.

maroonlegions
Aye but you still get some people saying 'leave them alone and they'll no touch you':rolleyes: Feck that, if one comes within 100 yards of me I get myself armed with a rolled up newspaper.

true and they are usually the ones that have never been stung before when they do i bet you they change their views eh, can still remember when one fecker targeted me on a bus once , well i was moving from seat to seat and making a right plank of myself, bus was busy but i did not care a jot , suddenly an elderly lady appeared with a rolled up metro and splattered it:eek: , "there you can sit still now" she said to me, i just sat there with a big red face and feeling lika a right plonker.:rolleyes:

Isaac Begbie

Was at a BBQ a week past sunday and due to all the food and drink the wasps started swarming. My girlfriend was doing some weird wasp dance which she thought was trying to batt them away but was really just giving the wee feckers a better target. Anyway her stepdad got a call on his mobile which was set to vibrate, you should have seen the panic and mad thrashing about as he thought one of the wee bassas had got into his pocket!! I was peshin myself at the daft hobo :lolpoint:

One of my siblings ( I only have one ;)) was attending a birthday party just over the water near Cowdenbeath!

Anyways there he was six pack, dyed blonde hair and only bout 20 in age..... looking good I may add!

All the young girls giving it ohhhhh he is lovely.

Proceeded to chuck his older sis in the water for nowt and everyone laughing................. that is until a wasp came near him.................

Cue summit from a Benny Hill programme..... I have never seen Mohammed Ali box faster than this guy.... He was soooooo scared of ths wee wasp and retired to the bus to get away from it. Not a Nat King in sight after that lol

Suppose you maybe had to be there but this was one of my most memorable times with a wee waspy thing!!!

monkfish1979

Many times. Got bitten by a cleg once also and went utterly biscuits. There is now a can of raid in the door pocket at all times.

Archived