The weather

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Is it just me or is it bloody chilly today?

It's meant to be summer and it's about 14 degrees out there!!! :mad:

maroonlegions
Is it just me or is it bloody chilly today?

It's meant to be summer and it's about 14 degrees out there!!! :mad:

scary eh , its August and feeling a bit balltick i cannae remember a worse summer than this i better get better cos in a couple of months its back to the central heating on full blast ,big bad energy bills and fecking dark nights and how much rain have we had eh, mental so it is.:confused:

heartsfc_fan

Probably the worst summer for weather I can remember. The chances are you look out of the window and it'll be raining....

The sky has been a grey colour for the last couple of days now...depressing!! :(

blondejamtart

Central heating on?? Are you mad? Our central heating doesn't go on at least until the very end of October/November - you're lucky if it's on for a couple of months in our house. Haven't even had the fire on since about February!

heartsfc_fan
Central heating on?? Are you mad? Our central heating doesn't go on at least until the very end of October/November - you're lucky if it's on for a couple of months in our house. Haven't even had the fire on since about February!

Indeed ;) like us real people who put on an extra jumper and make a mug of tea.

I refuse to have the heating on in the "summer months". Just seems wrong! :P

maroonlegions

no not mad but iam a dad to 3 young children , youngest is 2 years old so not entirely thinking of myself when it gets a bit chilly but dads are dads eh.;):rolleyes:

blondejamtart
no not mad but iam a dad to 3 young children , youngest is 2 years old so not entirely thinking of myself when it gets a bit chilly but dads are dads eh.;):rolleyes:

If you say so - my kids have grown up with it, so they're used to it by now (doesn't stop them moaning though - or sitting watching the telly wrapped in their duvets!) :rolleyes:

sounds horrendous. My heating goes on as soon as it gets the slightest bit chilly in the morning. Anything less than 10c outside and on it goes!

Dont buy into the nonsense about wearing an extra jumper. I like to wander around in my skants as much as possible!

MMmmm....toasty central heating.

maroonlegions
sounds horrendous. My heating goes on as soon as it gets the slightest bit chilly in the morning. Anything less than 10c outside and on it goes!

Dont buy into the nonsense about wearing an extra jumper. I like to wander around in my skants as much as possible!

MMmmm....toasty central heating.

agree, hate the cold. like to feel like iam in my home and not getting ready to go out , roasty toasty central heating any day.;)

Nucky Thompson

I seldom need my heating on even in the winter:cool: My house is fecking roasting. I'm a mid terrace stuck between two OAP's who must have their heating on 24 hours a day:rolleyes: I even have to sleep with the window open in Winter.

Nucky Thompson
It's a chilly 29 degrees here today with 83% humidity :P
I'm off to Rhodes on the 27th, canny fecking wait:)

Escape this **** weather,jump on a plane to Alicante for a few days.It works a treat.

Im goin on friday again for a 5 day break.

Go on...you know you want to:)

maroonlegions

Current velocities of the Gulf Stream

Last updated automagically: Sunday 17 August 2008 22:15:26 CEST

* Since 21 December 2004 the velocity maps show the absolute in stead of relative velocities. This means that the velocities now include the mean Gulf Stream current, based on the CMDT-RIO04 dynamic topography solution by Rio and Hernandez.

* Since 10 January 2005 data from four altimeter satellites are included in the generations of the Gulf Stream velocity maps. At the same time the area was extended 10 degrees towards the east and results of the last four weeks are presented. All previous maps are reprocessed with the data of all four altimeters inside the new extended region.

Current status of the Gulf Stream

Relative Gulf Stream velocity fields are derived from near-realtime data from the radar altimeters of the satellites Envisat, Jason-1, TOPEX/Poseidon, and GFO.

This page presents four maps of current velocities of the Gulf Stream in the vicinity of the East coast of North-America. Velocities are represented in meters per second. To get the approximate velocity in knots you have to multiply by 2 (1.9438445 to be precise). The maps represent the situations on four different days, each separated by one week from the next.

* Figure 1. One week ago: Sunday 10 August 2008

* Figure 2. Two weeks ago: Sunday 3 August 2008

* Figure 3. Three weeks ago: Sunday 27 July 2008

* Figure 4. Four weeks ago: Sunday 20 July 2008

Figure 1. Gulf Stream velocities one week ago: Sunday 10 August 2008

Figure 2. Gulf Stream velocities two weeks ago: Sunday 3 August 2008

Figure 3. Gulf Stream velocities three weeks ago: Sunday 27 July 2008

Figure 4. Gulf Stream velocities four weeks ago: Sunday 20 July 2008

Additional resources

* These maps are updated daily. An archive of the images is here.

* For more information about the images, follow this link.

* Animations of the Gulf Stream velocities are here.

* Some related links about projects using this information or providing alternative near real-time Gulfstream velocity solutions.

DEOS Home DEOS | Gulf Stream velocities | Animations | Related links | Monitoring El Ni?o

could this be the reason for the crap weather or just the beginning.:eek:

maroonlegions
Current velocities of the Gulf Stream

Last updated automagically: Sunday 17 August 2008 22:15:26 CEST

* Since 21 December 2004 the velocity maps show the absolute in stead of relative velocities. This means that the velocities now include the mean Gulf Stream current, based on the CMDT-RIO04 dynamic topography solution by Rio and Hernandez.

* Since 10 January 2005 data from four altimeter satellites are included in the generations of the Gulf Stream velocity maps. At the same time the area was extended 10 degrees towards the east and results of the last four weeks are presented. All previous maps are reprocessed with the data of all four altimeters inside the new extended region.

Current status of the Gulf Stream

Relative Gulf Stream velocity fields are derived from near-realtime data from the radar altimeters of the satellites Envisat, Jason-1, TOPEX/Poseidon, and GFO.

This page presents four maps of current velocities of the Gulf Stream in the vicinity of the East coast of North-America. Velocities are represented in meters per second. To get the approximate velocity in knots you have to multiply by 2 (1.9438445 to be precise). The maps represent the situations on four different days, each separated by one week from the next.

* Figure 1. One week ago: Sunday 10 August 2008

* Figure 2. Two weeks ago: Sunday 3 August 2008

* Figure 3. Three weeks ago: Sunday 27 July 2008

* Figure 4. Four weeks ago: Sunday 20 July 2008

Figure 1. Gulf Stream velocities one week ago: Sunday 10 August 2008

Figure 2. Gulf Stream velocities two weeks ago: Sunday 3 August 2008

Figure 3. Gulf Stream velocities three weeks ago: Sunday 27 July 2008

Figure 4. Gulf Stream velocities four weeks ago: Sunday 20 July 2008

Additional resources

* These maps are updated daily. An archive of the images is here.

* For more information about the images, follow this link.

* Animations of the Gulf Stream velocities are here.

* Some related links about projects using this information or providing alternative near real-time Gulfstream velocity solutions.

DEOS Home DEOS | Gulf Stream velocities | Animations | Related links | Monitoring El Ni?o

could this be the reason for the crap weather or just the beginning.:eek:

sorry the above is a bit mind boggling , here is the link Gulf Stream Flow

Flow has failed at times.

Archived