David sign at last

Susie-Jambo-66

Ryan Gosling
Good news.

Hopefully straight into the team on Saturday at the expense of Wallace.

I'm looking forward to seeing this boy.

I'd rather see him play in Audrey's position.

Buffalo Bill

Lose the green t-shirt David.

...and welcome to Gorgie! Sam's is on your left: Marvid's is on the right!

Buffalo Bill

Good news.

I know Wallace has been rank, but I think I want to see Obua playing a more attacking role.

Ryan Gosling

A pacey left footed attacker who links the midfield and forward, who can take free kicks and penalties.

Or Audrey.

marshallschunkychicken
A pacey left footed attacker who links the midfield and forward, who can take free kicks and penalties.

Or Audrey?

You can just see Vlad asking this question to Csaba immediately prior to the next game.

Whilst pointing a gun. ;)

Good news.

Don't agree with in for Wallace. I want to see him in a much more pivotal role than at left back.

maroonlegions

thank feck.:107years:

On Hearts.TV today - Watch David Obua;), plus catch action from the U19s weekend draw with Motherwell:cool: and the first team's defeat at Rangers:eek::rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
I'd rather see him play in Audrey's position.

I know Wallace has been rank, but I think I want to see Obua playing a more attacking role.

I know where you're coming from lads and I also would like to see Obua in an attacking role in the long term.

It's just that I'm still traumatized by Wallace's performance on Saturday and I fail to see how he can keep his place on the strength of that. As we have no other experienced first team LB, I would have thought David was a stick on for that position on Saturday.

Lose the green t-shirt David.

...and welcome to Gorgie! Sam's is on your left: Marvid's is on the right!

Buffalo Bill

I very much doubt if Sam would have the first idea what to do with that hairdo.

MackaysCentreSpot
I like positive news

:D

Positivity and KB....now there's strange bed fellows.

Out of the first 9 posts in this thread you have 3 of them..............no wonder you have that ridiculous number of post on KB Chris.

:P

Where has your medal collection gone?

Guest JamboRobbo
I know where you're coming from lads and I also would like to Obua in an attacking role in the long term.

It's just that I'm still traumatized by Wallace's performance on Saturday and I fail to see how he can keep his place on the strength of that. As we have no other experienced first team LB, I would have thought David was a stick on for that position on Saturday.

It's a toughy with Wallace. For me, he's a good footballer, but defensively he clearly has a lot of work to do. He's still young though, and he has the basic football skills, so perhaps he can learn to defend better.

I hope though, that most weeks, he won't be required to do as much defending as he is away at Ibrox or Parkheid.

going forward, I think you see some of his qualities, and home games against the lesser teams might show him and driver in a much better light.

I fancy driver and wallace to become a right good partnership this year, if given a run together.

Chad Sexington
It's a toughy with Wallace. For me, he's a good footballer, but defensively he clearly has a lot of work to do. He's still young though, and he has the basic football skills, so perhaps he can learn to defend better.

I hope though, that most weeks, he won't be required to do as much defending as he is away at Ibrox or Parkheid.

going forward, I think you see some of his qualities, and home games against the lesser teams might show him and driver in a much better light.

I fancy driver and wallace to become a right good partnership this year, if given a run together.

I don't see him as an LB of any quality JR.

There might be a midfielder in there somewhere but he certainly doesn't convince me as a defender.

As you say though, he's young. Maybe Csaba can get the the best out of him over time.

Guest JamboRobbo

There might be a midfielder in there somewhere but he certainly doesn't convince me as a defender.

As you say though, he's young. Maybe Csaba can get the the best out of him over time.

Agree, defensively, way too many mistakes and lapses of concentration. But I presume thats due to being a LW as a youngster.

I still think there is a player in there somewhere, and I think Csaba can maybe bring it out.......

Great news.

I think it comes down to, who would you rather be playing Wallace or Audrey? I think Wallace is a better left back than Audrey is link man if you know what I mean.

Agree, defensively, way too many mistakes and lapses of concentration. But I presume thats due to being a LW as a youngster.

I still think there is a player in there somewhere, and I think Csaba can maybe bring it out.......

I don't think he'll ever make a great defender tbh, and I'm not certain he has enough in him to be a left winger. It depends what role Czaba has in mind for Obua, but I'd like us to bring in another left back and get Obua playing an attacking role and get Ksanavicius out the team.

Wallace is vastly overrated but at this moment in time we lack attacking presence so would like to see davie playing behind the striker.

Sincerely hope you're right CS. I like Lee but agree that left back is probably not his best position.

Last season, when he played he did the same as Jose. He drifted in leaving the wing exposed. Now it could be that they were told to do this for some obscure reason but I suspect that they were drifting in unconciously which would suggest that they don't possess the inate mindset of a good fullback.

the voice from above
Sincerely hope you're right CS. I like Lee but agree that left back is probably not his best position.

Last season, when he played he did the same as Jose. He drifted in leaving the wing exposed. Now it could be that they were told to do this for some obscure reason but I suspect that they were drifting in unconciously which would suggest that they don't possess the inate mindset of a good fullback.

there is also the issue of a lack of any leadership or quality training at the club for the past 2 years which I feel has clearly hampered his development(and jose's too).

nobody's suggesting he's the finished product, but I seem to recall alan hutton being ****ing awful under le guen before his transformation into a 9 million pounder, if wallace can be half as good he'd be outstanding in the SPL.

Ryan Gosling

Good interview with him on the site now. You can tell his time in America's rubbed off on his accent. He's here to make the 'franchise' better. :D

Commander Harris
Good interview with him on the site now. You can tell his time in America's rubbed off on his accent. He's here to make the 'franchise' better. :D

for the coach, the fans and the "president"! Obua is a puppet! :P

had a wee snigger at "franchise" myself :)

LarrysRightFoot

Whilst I think in time Wallace will be a good player I think, if we can get everyone fully fit, Obua (if he is any good) should play at left back becuase as I have said on another thread I think middle to front we could be pretty good, again if everyone is fit, and if Tullberg is as good as we hope he will be.

Does anyone agree that (with one or two exceptions/signings) this is a good team?

MacDonald/New Keeper

Robbie/ New RB

Berra

Zaliukas

Obua

Kingston

Ruben/Eggert

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Tullberg

To me that team, IF (I know its a big if) Obua, Tullberg and Nade can prove their worth looks pretty good. I cant see many SPL teams being able to handle that 11.

rossthejambo
I know where you're coming from lads and I also would like to see Obua in an attacking role in the long term.

personally i'd like to see jonny brown given a go at left back tbh. i've only seen him in the 45 minutes against hull but he looked pretty good on that showing.

personally i just can't see wallace getting better. he gets caught out too often and just seems to struggle a lot of the time.

obviously people who have watched the reserves or u19s for a while will have a better idea of whether or not brown is ready to start in the first team but i'd like to see him given a shot at left back

I personally rate Wallace he just needs a run of games which he never got last season due to injury and continual rotation. Him and Driver are the best combination on the left side in my opinion. Would prefer to see Obua behind the striker

Obua in lucrative contract signing with a biro shocker.

Surely we could have done better than an old biro for the official signing pics... even a Parker doesn't cost that much.

:arf:

ring-of-fire

Great interview, David says all the right things for me as well as coming across as intelligent and in a strange way immediatly likable. This is what I think Csaba meant when he said he needed to bring the right kind of person to the club and i tbh players like rearend struggle to interview so well because they automatically come across as stupid wee a**e-holes -for obvios reasons:hobofish:- (remember scott broons "i dont know" interview after the whole square heed rebellion!).

Welcome David and I really hope you help this franchise *snigger* bigger and better!

ps never wear that horrible green top again ;):107years:

WeeToonJambo
personally i'd like to see jonny brown given a go at left back tbh. i've only seen him in the 45 minutes against hull but he looked pretty good on that showing.

personally i just can't see wallace getting better. he gets caught out too often and just seems to struggle a lot of the time.

obviously people who have watched the reserves or u19s for a while will have a better idea of whether or not brown is ready to start in the first team but i'd like to see him given a shot at left back

I always thought Jonny Brown was a right back but he seems to be quite comfortable at LB as well. He was injured playing for the reserves last Tuesday and I haven't heard any more about it, so don't know how serious it was.

Whilst I think in time Wallace will be a good player I think, if we can get everyone fully fit, Obua (if he is any good) should play at left back becuase as I have said on another thread I think middle to front we could be pretty good, again if everyone is fit, and if Tullberg is as good as we hope he will be.

Does anyone agree that (with one or two exceptions/signings) this is a good team?

MacDonald/New Keeper

Robbie/ New RB

Berra

Zaliukas

Obua

Kingston

Ruben/Eggert

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Tullberg

To me that team, IF (I know its a big if) Obua, Tullberg and Nade can prove their worth looks pretty good. I cant see many SPL teams being able to handle that 11.

Would swap Nade for Glen, Tullberg and Nade may be too similar in there holding tyupe roles

:107years:

MacDonald/New Keeper

Robbie/ New RB

Berra

Zaliukas

Obua

Kingston

Ruben/Eggert

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Tullberg

Would swap Nade for Glen, Tullberg and Nade may be too similar in there holding type roles

:107years:

this_is_my_story
I'd stick Larry in there.

I reckon that's a good shout, although when he's wide right, his crossing of a ball is the best at the club - who would you play on the right if Larry plays in the 'hole'?

Son Of Anarchy
We'll soon be slagging him after a couple of games

Maybe,but only on kickback cos its full of optimists:rolleyes:

Archived