Andy Walker confirms OF bias

Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Not seen any mention of it on here but took this quote from his Sunday Mail column referring to Joe Vinegars penalty. Can't stand the wee tolly but this is an interesting piece and indeed is an extremely left field point of view from a weegie red top - are times a changing or will he be birched?

"If a similar incident had happened at the other end - and Stephen McManus had fouled Billy Mehmet - I doubt if there would've been a penalty or a red card for the Celtic captain. That's based on my years of experience with Motherwell, Hibs and Ayr United, and, of course, from my own time at the Hoops.

Despite what most referees will tell you, there is a difference in sending off a Celtic captain on his own ground as opposed to the Will Hainings of this world.

Similarly, it's easier to exert your authority on a player from Hamilton rather than a Rangers captain. Most players accept that as fact."

Rudolf's Mate

Until something is done about it our league will continue to be laughed upon! The ugly sisters winning the league every year doesn't do us any favours!

MacDonald Jardine
Until something is done about it our league will continue to be laughed upon! The ugly sisters winning the league every year doesn't do us any favours!

Here's the problem though:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=126525

The majority view is there is Old Firm bias except when it's the yams who deserve all they get.

Rudolf's Mate
Here's the problem though:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=126525

The majority view is there is Old Firm bias except when it's the yams who deserve all they get.

Agreed mate however I think last season has turned things a bit i.e. Craig Levein/Dun Utd incident! With CL coming out the way he did it made others stand up and take notice. The others hate us because we are the third force but the reality is, in cases such as this they need us and we need them. If they shout alone then not many people take notice. If we shout alone then we all know where that leads!!!

2nd week into the new league campaign and already we've had some terrible refereeing.

I read that also, I found the paper on a bus I promise!

And in the last week both Steven Craigan and Frank McGarvey have been on the radio saying that big decisions against the Old Firm are difficult to come by.

Craig Levein gets fine ?5000 for saying what everyone else is thinking, pathetic!

Rudolf's Mate

Personally I don't know why the clubs outwith the OF don't campaign/ look into having refs from England!!! I'm sure they'd be happy to cough up a few extra ? in they knew it was going to be a level playing field!

If they're happy to bend over and take a shafting from the Old Firm, ****ing let them.

Not seen any mention of it on here but took this quote from his Sunday Mail column referring to Joe Vinegars penalty. Can't stand the wee tolly but this is an interesting piece and indeed is an extremely left field point of view from a weegie red top - are times a changing or will he be birched?

"If a similar incident had happened at the other end - and Stephen McManus had fouled Billy Mehmet - I doubt if there would've been a penalty or a red card for the Celtic captain. That's based on my years of experience with Motherwell, Hibs and Ayr United, and, of course, from my own time at the Hoops.

Despite what most referees will tell you, there is a difference in sending off a Celtic captain on his own ground as opposed to the Will Hainings of this world.

Similarly, it's easier to exert your authority on a player from Hamilton rather than a Rangers captain. Most players accept that as fact."

well said

but no **** sherlock!

The thing is, I do think it is worse in Scotland than most places. The same does apply everywhere else. Man Utd are more likely to get a penalty at Old Trafford than the opposition for similar offences. Doesn't make it right but crowd pressure must get to refs. If they make a mistake against the big teams they are more likely to be scrutinised for it than if he fails to give say Middlesbrough a penalty at Old Trafford.

Something does need to be done though, its EVERY match that games are turned on by poor decisions by the referee in favour of the old firm.

maroonlegions

what needs to happen is media EXPOSURE of the unfairness by refs when playing either of the ugly sisters,:slither: by that i mean more Craig leven"s and other managers coming out in the media about it , if it happens then surely they will know that the eyes are upon them, WALKER has hinted at it and maybe this could be a sign for other jurnos to get their heads out of the sand, just a thought but cannae see it.:rolleyes:

The others hate us because we are the third force

No! They hate us because of the arrogant **** spouted by some of our fans when they were suffering from the Vlad delusion. Sneering when we should have been magnanimous and acting like old firm fans. Incase you haven't noticed our claim to "third force" is looking pretty tenuous yet the rancour remains.

Tbh that attitude from the hobos is all that is wrong with Scottish football outside the OF. Even these bile brimming ****stains can put aside their hatred of each other to act in their mutual interests. Yet the other teams and fans are so mired in petty bickering and rivalries that they won't unite and do something about it. Lets not pretend that it's just the hobos or Motherwell. When we see it hapen to other clubs we have threads and comments like "get it up dundee hibernian" and "how do you like that Celtic wee team". We need to start being the bigger men. Putting aside the past and working together for a better future :Icky: Ok a bit too much "I have a dream" but you get what I mean. next time it happens to hibs or whomever we need to be right in there adding our voices to theirs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
No! They hate us because of the arrogant **** spouted by some of our fans when they were suffering from the Vlad delusion. Sneering when we should have been magnanimous and acting like old firm fans. Incase you haven't noticed our claim to "third force" is looking pretty tenuous yet the rancour remains.

Tbh that attitude from the hobos is all that is wrong with Scottish football outside the OF. Even these bile brimming ****stains can put aside their hatred of each other to act in their mutual interests. Yet the other teams and fans are so mired in petty bickering and rivalries that they won't unite and do something about it. Lets not pretend that it's just the hobos or Motherwell. When we see it hapen to other clubs we have threads and comments like "get it up dundee hibernian" and "how do you like that Celtic wee team". We need to start being the bigger men. Putting aside the past and working together for a better future :Icky: Ok a bit too much "I have a dream" but you get what I mean. next time it happens to hibs or whomever we need to be right in there adding our voices to theirs.

Er what, like we're all doing with DU and St Midden?

Bollocks we are. I've seen plenty of people on here going on about '86 and how "St Midden" deserve it for being Celtic's lackeys.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Bollocks we are. I've seen plenty of people on here going on about '86 and how "St Midden" deserve it for being Celtic's lackeys.

St Mirren will never get any real sympathy from me, but that doesn't mean I want to see them get stitched by officials whose incompetence is assisting the Old Firm. The standard of refereeing in Scotland is poor, and we're all signing from the same hymnsheet as far as I can see.

Archived