Scotland vs England Cricket

Coco

You'll be lucky if there is any play today. Its been chucking it down since 10am and its started to get worse again.

I think this may be karma for charging ?50 a ticket....;)

You'll be lucky if there is any play today. Its been chucking it down since 10am and its started to get worse again.

I think this may be karma for charging ?50 a ticket....;)

I'm watching the weather out the window and looking for a bit of sunshine before heading down!

If you have a ticket, keep it safe. You should get a full refund if there is no play and some back if they play less than 15 overs. TBH, I cant see any play today not just because of the rain but the fact the pitch has a good chance of being waterlogged. If its still on at 2pm-3pm, they'll call it off. Same happened when the Aussies were there during the last Ashes.

Play started at half 12. Im quite surprised TBH. Its been chucking down for most of the day. Call me cynical but I wonder if its to do with the refunds that I mentioned.....

Watched about 40 overs of the 45 or so today.

Was good stuff. Was impressed with Scotland, batted stuffily and Gavin Hamilton scored an excellent 50.

Andrew Flintoff really worked up some pace and Broad and Anderson also bowled well.

Decent crowd, just a shame about the weather as didn't get a chance to watch the likes of Flintoff and Pieterson bat.

I just phoned my buddy, the erstwhile Jazzmaster, who posts from time to time.

He blagged his way into hospitality and had scoffed at least a couple of bottles of red.

I've never spoken to him when I've been sober and he's been trolleyed.

Watched about 40 overs of the 45 or so today.

Was good stuff. Was impressed with Scotland, batted stuffily and Gavin Hamilton scored an excellent 50.

Andrew Flintoff really worked up some pace and Broad and Anderson also bowled well.

Decent crowd, just a shame about the weather as didn't get a chance to watch the likes of Flintoff and Pieterson bat.

Glad you got to see some cricket. Pity there wont be a refund seeing they played in bad weather. No shocks there though. Oops. Cynical old me again.:tongue:

Glad you got to see some cricket. Pity there wont be a refund seeing they played in bad weather. No shocks there though. Oops. Cynical old me again.:tongue:

Someone else was paying for my ticket! :biggrin:

England played in the right spirit, was a good day despite the poor weather.

Someone else was paying for my ticket! :biggrin:

England played in the right spirit, was a good day despite the poor weather.

Bonus! Good to see. I know from talking to the guys I go to the Leeds Test match with every year and from a couple of former Test players I spoke to, that they felt this should have been done sooner. I remember when Beefy spoke about it during a live broadcast for Sky when we played a C&G Trophy (I think) tie. He thought it should defo be on the calendar, for if the cricket was a washout he thoroughly enjoyed the "hospitality" in Edinburgh!

Archived