Stewart in Scot squad for wed (merged)

tneafry

couldnt see this anywhere

Hearts midfielder Michael Stewart has been called up to the Scotland squad for Wednesday's friendly international against Northern Ireland.

The 27-year-old joins Tynecastle captain Christophe Berra in George Burley's squad for the midweek game at Hampden Park.

Article continues

Advertisement

Michael has three caps to his name already, the last of which came against South Africa in the Reunification Cup in Hong Kong in 2002.

Hailing the midfielder's call-up, Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo said: "This is excellent news both for Michael and Heart of Midlothian. Christophe Berra is already in the squad and it would be great if they were both involved at some stage on Wednesday night."

Many thought that might happen...and while it does seem a little brave of George on the back of two good performances, it might just be the catalyst that Mikey needs to keep it going. Well done Stewart... :)

Well done Mikey. Do yourself proud

... And don't go kicking anyone our shouting at the Scotland fans!!

Just kidding :P

Congratulations I guess

One good performance seems enough to get a Scotland call up these days.

don't sound too happy;)

Congratulations I guess

One good performance seems enough to get a Scotland call up these days.

Or could it be that because Ferguson & Hartley are both unavailable he would like to call up a central midfielder to the squad who has a bit of experience and who also put on a man of the match performance infront of him just last week??

Who would you call up instead?

I'd take Mikey over any other Scottish midfielder available at the moment.

Cant see it posted,sorry if it already has, but Mike Stewart has been called up for the Scotland squad to play NI,well done.

mirsad_beslija

..... hope stewart dosent lose his wee bit form he has just now.... and slip back to being dire again .... first time around . remember ?

Cant see it posted,sorry if it already has, but Mike Stewart has been called up for the Scotland squad to play NI,well done.

Congrats to Mikey. Hope he gets on at some stage.

Snake Plissken

Stewart makes Scotland squad - 16 responses

below average journeyman is dropped - 16 pages

Sometimes kickback really annoys me.

Libertonian_II
Stewart makes Scotland squad - 16 responses

below average journeyman is dropped - 16 pages

Sometimes kickback really annoys me.

That sums it up perfectly.

There are so many so called 'supporters' who can't wait to put the boot into the club they profess to 'support'

Congrats to MS. Just don't get injured while the OF prima donnas skip the drudge

Archived