What is it going to take to rid the game of old firm bias?

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

IMO i think it is time for a manager/owner/captain to take his players off the field in protest.

Imagine the media coverage if Levein had told his players just to walk off on Sunday after the ridiculous decison not to award a penalty? Similarly Gus MacPherson at Darkheid the week before!!

This would undoubtedly highlight the problem to the rest of the world and show the scottish football association up for what it really is!!!

all that would happen would be that club would be heavily fined, and the media would slate that club

but i do agree something like that should be done, maybe if someone had invited a fifa or uefa official to the game? then it might get noticed

I've thought the same for years myself, but I cant' see it happening. The punishmen imposed by the sfa/spl would probably be severe and I doubt any club would take the risk financially.

IMO i think it is time for a manager/owner/captain to take his players off the field in protest.

Imagine the media coverage if Levein had told his players just to walk off on Sunday after the ridiculous decison not to award a penalty? Similarly Gus MacPherson at Darkheid the week before!!

This would undoubtedly highlight the problem to the rest of the world and show the scottish football association up for what it really is!!!

I think what is needed (will never happen) is for some major sponsors in the game to threaten to pull out due to lack of spectacle etc. They should (but again will never) also threaten to pull support(sponsors) or coverage(media) until the 'sectarianism' is stamped out amongst there support.

heartsfc_fan

I think every non-oldfirm fan should have banners at the game saying "stop the bias" :rolleyes:

I think every non-oldfirm fan should have banners at the game saying "stop the bias" :rolleyes:

Or maybe "We Deserve Better" hahahaha

ToadKiller Dog

Dont think it will happen until the other 10 teams show some ambition most are struck down by there own lack of ambition ,fear of loosing old firm income is a minor reason,

For example St Midden and Dundee united ,both Gus Macpherson and Craig Levien can scream cheat until they are blue in the face but when push comes to the shove there clubs owners will back down (united over the 5% and CL fine) .

Why because the poverty of there ambitions St Middens which is just to stay in the SPL and Uniteds are a regular finish in the top six with occasional trip in europe.

United argued last season that the bias toward rangers in there game caused them to miss out on 3rd place but they were never going to push it all the way ,

Why because they dont need the old firm to reach the limit of there ambitions and are if not happy with old firm dominance they are compliant .

Until the 10 show a ruthless ambition something like Romanov initially showed nothing will change it doesnt even need all 10 ,if hearts,hibs Aberdeen ,united and even Falkirk ,motherwell and Killie the more established or safer SPL clubs spoke together with one voice the old firm control would diminish quickly .

Not to say they wouldnt win most trophys they always will they are larger clubs but it would make a level playing field.

What i would like to see from hearts is before every game against either of the old firm to mention in the papers and on tv in pre match interviews that we need a strong ref for the game.

During the interview just keep mentioning how the ref will need to keep a good eye on the game and not be afraid to make decisions.

I believe this will make the ref in said game realise that everyone is going to be watching him more than usual to see if there is any bias.

I think what is needed (will never happen) is for some major sponsors in the game to threaten to pull out due to lack of spectacle etc. They should (but again will never) also threaten to pull support(sponsors) or coverage(media) until the 'sectarianism' is stamped out amongst there support.

That is where it would have to be felt ..........in the coffers !

We can hurl abuse at the SPL / GFA till we are blue :P in the face and they wont do anything. Nor would the presence of a Euro rep make any difference IMO. I would back that up by highlighting Strathclyde Police's behaviour at Celtic Park. Approx 45 arrests at one match dropped to just 1 when an MSP went to observe a game..............Yet as soon as he's gone, hey presto the arrests rocket back up to 'normal' levels.

Now if the Glasgow police see no need to justify that simply OUTRAGEOUS stat ..........then we really are Royally f****

In response to the Thread Title -

The Second Advent of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Lithuania

Looking to have one made up. Where can I get one?

Mark_Mywords

or

"BLOW THE WHISTLE ON SFA CORRUPTION"

Pants Shaton

I'm going to set a paper bag, full of dog poo, on fire on Gordon Smith's door step. If that doesn't work I'm going to put a potato in his car exhaust.

Pants Shaton
In response to the Thread Title -

The Second Advent of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How pessimistic.

Dont think it will happen until the other 10 teams show some ambition most are struck down by there own lack of ambition ,fear of loosing old firm income is a minor reason,

For example St Midden and Dundee united ,both Gus Macpherson and Craig Levien can scream cheat until they are blue in the face but when push comes to the shove there clubs owners will back down (united over the 5% and CL fine) .

Why because the poverty of there ambitions St Middens which is just to stay in the SPL and Uniteds are a regular finish in the top six with occasional trip in europe.

United argued last season that the bias toward rangers in there game caused them to miss out on 3rd place but they were never going to push it all the way ,

Why because they dont need the old firm to reach the limit of there ambitions and are if not happy with old firm dominance they are compliant .

Until the 10 show a ruthless ambition something like Romanov initially showed nothing will change it doesnt even need all 10 ,if hearts,hibs Aberdeen ,united and even Falkirk ,motherwell and Killie the more established or safer SPL clubs spoke together with one voice the old firm control would diminish quickly .

Not to say they wouldnt win most trophys they always will they are larger clubs but it would make a level playing field.

Unfortunately the "other" 10 teams in the League are far too easily trivialised and marginalised by the media and the OF.

It's either Levein v injustice,.............or Romanov v injustice,........or Jeffries v injustice,.............etc, etc.

Ther's never any unified response.

The only way for anything to ever work would be for all 10 provincial clubs to show some unity when a shocking decision goes against one of them.

The media in particular, are quick to isolate one particular team to pander to the OF and to boost newspaper sales.

It's also part of our nature to disregard the misfortune of other teams when they are on the wrong end of shocking refereeing decisions against the OF.

In my view, the only way forward for this would be for other teams to openly support their counterparts when rank bad decisions go against them.

However, I can't really see Jimmy Calderwood or Mixu for example, coming out and making public statements about the continual persecution of Miko by the SFA.

There would have to be an unbelievable culture change within the game before anything like that could ever happen.

One final point on this.

Rangers reaching the UEFA Cup final last season was the worst thing that could have happened for non OF clubs in Scotland.

It merely condones and encourages the weeg/SFA/media to believe that all this OF propoganda and bias is justified.

We_are_the_Hearts

The other 10 teams could refuse to play at Ibrox and parkhead. Give them the points and take away the chance of injuries and suspensions.

SoldierPalmer

At least it seems to be 'topical' in the media just now - think it's important it stays there - but the SFA are such an arrogant bunch of to$$ers it'll take heaven and earth to move them - emails texts and phone calls to phone in programs help keep the pressure up as does managers speaking out - but IMO the only real way to change the situation is for the 10 non-OF clubs to get together and tell the SFA they aint gonna stand for it anymore. :mad:

The other 10 teams could refuse to play at Ibrox and parkhead. Give them the points and take away the chance of injuries and suspensions.

they'd be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and fined (us more than anyone else)

i would suggest in the wheatfield/gorgie/main stand before every game we could have bits of paper for every fan to spell out

"are you watching sfa" or something to boost recognition that there is a problem in our game

the down side of this would probably be that everytime we get a decision for us that we shouldnt have (ie miko diving and winning a penalty) the weejie media would be on it in a flash, saying how hard done to the old firm are

We_are_the_Hearts
they'd be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and fined (us more than anyone else)

i would suggest in the wheatfield/gorgie/main stand before every game we could have bits of paper for every fan to spell out

"are you watching sfa" or something to boost recognition that there is a problem in our game

the down side of this would probably be that everytime we get a decision for us that we shouldnt have (ie miko diving and winning a penalty) the weejie media would be on it in a flash, saying how hard done to the old firm are

Just refuse to pay it. A few cards in the stand will make no difference.

alwaysthereinspirit
all that would happen would be that club would be heavily fined, and the media would slate that club

but i do agree something like that should be done, maybe if someone had invited a fifa or uefa official to the game? then it might get noticed

FIFA and UEFA already know. It's no coincidence that Scottish refs get no big games in Europe or world cup qualifying.

ToadKiller Dog

The owners of the non old firm 10 should set up there own group to hold meetings in which there can work together in there combined interests but as Busby said its not in our culture or in my own view damaged by there lack of ambition and self interest.

alwaysthereinspirit

Vlad always gets roasted for speaking out.

What if he talked as the third person?

"I was taking a p!$$ today and the guy next to me said he thought the ref sucked"

"I went into the papershop today and the guy behind the counter told me he thought Hearts were cheated"

"leaving the game tonight the taxi driver told me he though Gordon Smith sucks the OF big one"

Can he be fined for this?

Originally Posted by We_are_the_Hearts

Yeh,............but if this took place with the unified backing of all 10 clubs outwith our cheating cousins from the west, what could the SFA or the Scottish League really do ?? They can only impose sanctions on the remaining 10 for so long.

What are they really able to do at worst,........suspend the other 10 teams from the League after they find that financial penalties and point docking has no effect ?

They'd have no league left if they did.

It says it all to me when you look on the sfa referees website and some of the referees ambitions are to ref an old firm game???? wtf.

Surely their ambition should be European finals,World cup finals etc.

These refs know that if they are to realise their ambition then they had better make sure they don't tread on the toes of the bigot brothers or they can kiss their dream goodbye.

Vlad always gets roasted for speaking out.

What if he talked as the third person?

"I was taking a p!$$ today and the guy next to me said he thought the ref sucked"

"I went into the papershop today and the guy behind the counter told me he thought Hearts were cheated"

"leaving the game tonight the taxi driver told me he though Gordon Smith sucks the OF big one"

Can he be fined for this?

Don't know,but they would soon make up a new rule so he could be done.

Archived