Connecting my TV to my PC

djf

I'm wanting to connect my Samsung 32 inch HD TV to my PC so I can just chuck out my crappy 19'' monitor.

What kind of wire would I need to connect the two?

And does anyone have a step to step guide to doing it?

Ta

Your tv needs to have a pc input slot (it probably does if its a samsung 32" LCD)

You get a VGA cable, plug it into your computer's monitor slot and into your tv's PC Input slot. Press AV on your TV until it comes up :)

It looks like this

You'll get a VGA cable at maplin, pc world, staples, currys etc though some places will charge extortionate prices. I'd also check B & Q for them who seem to have decent audio/visual prices.

PS. If your computer has two monitor outputs, i'd suggest keeping your "crappy 19" monitor" so that you can use both monitor and tv at the same time.

With this you can get dual screen, one screen browsing the net, other screen watching movie.

Dr. Bapswent
I'm wanting to connect my Samsung 32 inch HD TV to my PC so I can just chuck out my crappy 19'' monitor.

What kind of wire would I need to connect the two?

And does anyone have a step to step guide to doing it?

Ta

Depends on you PC outputs.

I had trouble with my Vaio and my samsung tv.

it didnt like the VGA input.

But my mates mac worked no problem.

With a PC youll have much more options to fix it.

I only use it for viewing films from my laptop, so I run it through a wireless connection to a KISS DVD player.

If you want to to replace your monitor, i guess youll need a wired option.

Id take a look online to check out compatability, just in case someone has already found some issues.

also, if you want sound through your TV, you would need to hook your PC up to the TV.

There should be an audio input next to the PC input slot.

You would get a audio wire (male to male) and connect it from your sound card (where you currently plug your speakers in) to your tv.

If you're lucky you will have a DVI output on the PC and the input on your TV. Much better quality and will work out the resolution etc.

Just to make you jealous I am sitting here with my 32" Toshiba telly linked up to my computer! Totally amazing. I am lucky that my PC has an HDMI socket so all that is needed is a HDMI - HDMI, adjust the graphic card setting to 2 monitor (in that what gets displayed on the computer monitor gets displayed on the tv) and off we go :)

Archived