Absolute Joke

HMFC 1874

jFirstly apologies if this has been posted before.

Just watched the highlights of yesterdays game. I was fecking fuming.

Broadfoot goes down like hes been shot RIGHT INFRONT of stuart dougal and somehow gets a free kick. Miko goes down later in the game, at least with an arm across him, automatic booking for diving. The SFA are a joke, nothing has changed from last season.

Bunch of *******s!

I was at the game and watching the highlights has angered me all over again. Nothing being made of Broadfoot's dive, a shot going on target that hits an arm must be a penalty too.

The lead up to their first goal was from a free kick that wasn't.

Everytime Boyd went anywhere near a defender he was moaning and rolling about. For someone his size he is a bit of a pansie.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Captain of Hungary

Secondly apologies as this has been posted b4

Two incidents perfectly summed up yesterday.

Early in the first half Broadfoot goes on a run, he evades a tackle by Stewart but knocks the ball too far ahead of himslelf. Seeing he is about to lose the ball he theatrically throws himself to the ground, despite the fact that Stewart's leg is a yard away.

The referee gives a free kick to Rangers.

Mikoluinas goes on a run in the second half. He attempts to go round Papac. Papac uses his arm to impede Mikoluinas. This is clearly an illegal use of the arm and Mikoluinas falls to the turf.

The referee gives a free kick to Rangers and books the Hearts player.

As Craig Levein said last season. 'Whats the point'?

JamboRossi79
I was at the game and watching the highlights has angered me all over again. Nothing being made of Broadfoot's dive, a shot going on target that hits an arm must be a penalty too.

Everytime Boyd went anywhere near a defender he was moaning and rolling about. For someone his size he is a bit of a pansie.

Me too, they are absolute ****mers.

At least the BBC highlights show the Broadfoot dive, so we can make the comparison with the Miko one. Normally they wouldn't even bother so anyone who wasn't at the game wouldn't even be aware of it.

judging by the comments by Billy Dodds and Pat Nevin on Sportscene on Saturday it looks like they are unimpressed by the refs too...

Jambothroughandthrough

I understand the anger and frustration. The Old Firm do get the vast majority of the decisions as do most other big clubs all over Europe.

Let's take the Premiership as an example. We've all heard other managers talking about refereeing decision's they havn't got in games against the big four.

Andy Gray is one of the few pundits that point's this out on a regular basis on the Last Word.

I agree the ref didn't have the best of games at Ibrox but, lets be honest here, we diidn't deserve anything from the game.

I hope that yesterday's performance will force the hand of Vlad to dig deep and give the boss some cash to bring in three or four new players before the transfer window slams shut.

The 2-0 defeat to Rangers should be a wake up call to our owner.

The 'Scottish Mafia' didn't stop us from possibly winning the SPL title in 2005/2006 or from splitting the Old Firm.

This defeat might be a blessing in disguise.

We should all be looking at the bigger picture here and stop looking for other excuses.

PS: 2005 - Hearts 1 Rangers 0. Remember the Robbie Nielson handball at the end of the game from a Francis Jeffers shot?

Drylaw Hearts
I understand the anger and frustration. The Old Firm do get the vast majority of the decisions as do most other big clubs all over Europe.

Let's take the Premiership as an example. We've all heard other managers talking about refereeing decision's they havn't got in games against the big four.

Andy Gray is one of the few pundits that point's this out on a regular basis on the Last Word.

I agree the ref didn't have the best of games at Ibrox but, lets be honest here, we diidn't deserve anything from the game.

I hope that yesterday's performance will force the hand of Vlad to dig deep and give the boss some cash to bring in three or four new players before the transfer window slams shut.

The 2-0 defeat to Rangers should be a wake up call to our owner.

The 'Scottish Mafia' didn't stop us from possibly winning the SPL title in 2005/2006 or from splitting the Old Firm.

This defeat might be a blessing in disguise.

We should all be looking at the bigger picture here and stop looking for other excuses.

PS: 2005 - Hearts 1 Rangers 0. Remember the Robbie Nielson handball at the end of the game from a Francis Jeffers shot?

I'm going to tune in tomorrow to hear you slaughter Stuart Dougal for getting the majority if the big decisions wrong (as you have done this with several Refs in the past).

We were poor and didn't do enough to get a result but this does not detract from the fact that Dougal made a shop front of himself.

Cheers mate - that is absolutely disgusting, I watch the match through an online feed on Saturday, but it was that bad a quality I didnt realise it was a dive. But that is unbelievable, and Dougal's only 10 yards away!!

Jambothroughandthrough
I'm going to tune in tomorrow to hear you slaughter Stuart Dougal for getting the majority if the big decisions wrong (as you have done this with several Refs in the past).

We were poor and didn't do enough to get a result but this does not detract from the fact that Dougal made a shop front of himself.

Dougal and Richmond will get a hammering. But at the end of the day we're not good enough. Hopefully, that will be sorted out before the transfer window shuts.

I have read from many people saying for the 1st goal it was never a free kick, having just watched the highlights I cant agree more, Boyd threw himself to the ground! Is that not just a dive aswell?

Thunderstruck

Well, that makes it all OK.

The handball was probably the hardest to call yesterday given the defender was very clase and facing away but that does not excuse his abject failure to referee fairly throughout the rest of the match. And, if we are casting up examples from the past, what about Bazza auditioning for the Harlem Globetrotters at Hampden last season?

Jambothroughandthrough
Well, that makes it all OK.

The handball was probably the hardest to call yesterday given the defender was very clase and facing away but that does not excuse his abject failure to referee fairly throughout the rest of the match. And, if we are casting up examples from the past, what about Bazza auditioning for the Harlem Globetrotters at Hampden last season?

Some we get.....most of the time we don't. I don't buy into this 'Scottish mafia' nonsense. I'd accept it more if it was only happening in the SPL...but it doesn't.

Look at the old Firm in Europe. They have been on the wrong end of some very strange decsion's against the bigger clubs. It happens. I'm not saying it's right.

Drylaw Hearts
Dougal and Richmond will get a hammering.

Good. They both deserve it.

But at the end of the day we're not good enough. Hopefully, that will be sorted out before the transfer window shuts.

We weren't good enough.

It was a typical Hearts at Ibrox performence.

No matter who's the Manager, no matter what we've players we have in the team - it's the usual crap.

Corrie Jambo

Two games into the new season and same usual dreadful decisions.

Yesterday has been discussed enough so let look at Celtic last week they got a penalty for free, win 1-0 and a St Mirren player gets sent off. Whats worse is the referee reviews it and still upholds his decision to send Haining off even though Van Hess is offside and fouls Haining first and even gets his shot off.

Then today a stonewall penalty for Dundee Utd not given.

Rangers last week not mentioned too much but Whittaker had been booked and he gave away the penalty and before the goal commited the worst foul of the game (which should have been sent off and was not shown again or mentioned in any reports) .Two minutes later are 1-0 ahead.

Same old old firm, same old referees and same old scottish mafia.

The OF will be complaining that nobody gives them a challenge later in the league when they are many points ahead and will suggest that these decisions even themselves out over the season. What a load of sh*t.

Jambothroughandthrough

We weren't good enough.

No matter who's the Manager, no matter what we've players we have in the team - it's the usual crap.

I still believe we have the basis of a decent squad. Just needs a couple of quality signings and we WILL finish third.

Thunderstruck
Some we get.....most of the time we don't. I don't buy into this 'Scottish mafia' nonsense. I'd accept it more if it was only happening in the SPL...but it doesn't.

Look at the old Firm in Europe. They have been on the wrong end of some very strange decsion's against the bigger clubs. It happens. I'm not saying it's right.

Mafia is possibly the wrong description but there is no doubt that the Old Pals Act is well used in Scotland.

Stuart Dougal didn't find the handball difficult to call in the cup replay against Motherwell! It's not us that says that is a penalty. It's him! Yesterday's was even more blatant than the one at Motherwell. Double standards!

Jambothroughandthrough
Mafia is possibly the wrong description but there is no doubt that the Old Pals Act is well used in Scotland.

Again...I don't buy that.

I just think the refs are influenced by the bigger clubs...support...etc.

You see it down south as well with Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I agree. I remember occasions when we were in the first division when it worked for us.

Jambothroughandthrough
I agree. I remember occasions when we were in the first division when it worked for us.

If refs want an easy life...they are more likely NOT to give us any big decisions.

This is the case all over Europe when refs are in charge of a game involving one of the big clubs.

Captain Lithuania

First trip to Ibrox, and certainly my last, for this season anyway. Gutted with the referees performance, terrible, like I said at the game, Big Walter is paying his wages.

Captain Lithuania

We weren't good enough.

We weren't good enough? Were you actually there? We dominated a lot of the game, we played the football.

Thunderstruck

I think the comparison with England is flawed. Yes, they get it wrong, but not on the scale or frequency we see here.

As I said last week, it doesn't matter now whether there actually is corruption, there is a growing PERCEPTION that there is. Recent events will only serve to fuel the feelings of injustice that build on this perception.

I would disagree with you on this one Ewen, remember Fyssas getting sent off in the celtic game where maloney went down with no contact. We were leading 2-1, Fyssas gets sent off and McManus scores from balls played in from where Fyssas would have been defending.

For me that was the turning point of both teams season, I beleive we could have won the league if we had beaten celtic that day.

Thunderstruck
I would disagree with you on this one Ewen, remember Fyssas getting sent off in the celtic game where maloney went down with no contact. We were leading 2-1, Fyssas gets sent off and McManus scores from balls played in from where Fyssas would have been defending.

For me that was the turning point of both teams season, I beleive we would have won the league if we had beaten celtic that day.

Not to mention the craven failure to deal properly with Balde in first half.

Jam Tarts 1874

Paul Mitchell's commentary on the BBC high-lights are also absurd. Papac's arm clearly impedes Miko, however Mitchell opines that "that shouldn't cause him to go down like that". However it is clear from the TV evidence that Papac was guilty of physically stopping Miko, but last week there was hardly any contact from Haining on Hesselink - but according to BBC Scotland that's OK because there was some contact.

Then Mitchell is positively orgasmic as he triumphantly declares "Miko went right through Miller", did he? looks like Miko got the ball first on the high-lights.

It is funny how Mitchell feels he is able to make such pin-point judgements on these incidents, however he is "fuzzy" to say the least on the Broadfoot dive, the Rangers' free-kick for the first goal and the penalty

Jam Tarts 1874

For me that was the turning point of both teams season, I beleive we could have won the league if we had beaten celtic that day.

Was definately a turning point, we never really recovered from that.

I agree 100 percent, if it had been a cross then i could see why a penalty isnt given here, but the fact that the shot was definately going to be on target means its a penalty, regargless of the fact that the player didnt mean it. He's stopped a goalscoring opportunity with his arm!!!

The very least this should be awarded as an indirect free kick inside the box.

Miko, although he went down stupidly when he could have continued on running, was definately a foul. He stuck his arm out and impeded miko. To give a yellow card there was an absolutely disgraceful decision, and i dont think any other player on the pitch would have been booked there. Even if the ref decided there wasnt enough contact for a free kick to be given, he cant book him for going down, because the fact is there was contact. shocking refeering.

And despite the fact wallace hacks down the player inside the box from behind if you keep watching closely for a couple of seconds after he then makes contact with the ball..so the term "won the ball fairly" springs to mind...:107years:

Archived