Mildly Interesting Facts

Craigieboy

The Edinburgh City Council (Corporation) built entire housing schemes and omitted the number 13 from every street at one point because it was deemed bad luck to have a house numbered 13. No-one would want them.

My neighbour's flat across the hall is meant to be numbered 13 but he had it changed to 12A. I wonder if Bad Luck is so easily duped?

Have been in a few hotels (not in Edinburgh, obviously) that skip from the 12th to 14th floor.

Have been in a few hotels (not in Edinburgh, obviously) that skip from the 12th to 14th floor.

Yea Hotels in Vegas don't have a floor 13.

after being betrayed and killed by the King of France and the Pope, the Knights Templar Grandmaster was burnt at the stake on Friday the 13th. He shouted that he would have revenge.....with a month the pope and the king were both dead

allegedly.....

after being betrayed and killed by the King of France and the Pope, the Knights Templar Grandmaster was burnt at the stake on Friday the 13th. He shouted that he would have revenge.....with a month the pope and the king were both dead

allegedly.....

Jaques De Molay, I believe. There's a society in the US named after him, a bit like the scouts, who apparently encourage their members to follow the christian faith.... Not sure jaques would have approved...........

Sheriff Fatman

A bus company in Moscow changed one of it's route numbers from 666 to 616, due to 666 being the number of the beast in Revelation. Unfortunately a papyrus of Revelation has been found that has been dated as the oldest copy yet discovered, it has the number of the beast as 616 and now 666 is thought to be yet another transcription error in the Bible.

Jaques De Molay, I believe. There's a society in the US named after him, a bit like the scouts, who apparently encourage their members to follow the christian faith.... Not sure jaques would have approved...........

Yeah I don't think he was into the Christian faiths too heavily

Jamie_the_Jambo

allegedly.....

Friday the 13th is considered unlucky as this was the day The king of France plotted and organised to have every knight Templar rounded up and arrested. Those who were caught were unlucky as most of them escaped having had prior knowledge of what was about to happen. Jacque de Molay did not burn at the stake on this day. Also, the Pope and Philip The Fair were not both dead within the month.

Jamie

Horses can walk and have a sh@te without it running down the back of there trousers.

So they dont have to run to the nearest pub....thats how you never see a horse coming out a pub lavvy:)

heartgarfunkel

The RAF's late WW2 Hawker Tempest fighter aeroplane had such an optically perfect bullet-proof windshield that the pilot's gun-aiming reticle was projected directly onto it.

Commander Harris
I once farted in the Blue Lagoon.

On Angle Park Terrace!!

Someone used that before, last time I posted that. :)

(it's a habit of mine)

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave

If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off

amongst others...

A Boy Named Crow

Apparently Scots invented morris dancing and the English invented haggis - a prime example of free trade working in our favour!!!

Superstitious twaddle.

I walk under ladders deliberately just to annoy irrational people.

And strangely BigC's not been posting for a couple of days....

Mosquito repelents don't repel, they actually hide you !

Go. is the shortest complete sentance in the english language!

A Boy Named Crow
Rub yourself down with your own pizzle & the midges never come near you.

What if you use someone else's?

Angry Haggis

Whats quite interesting about Scotland, kilts, bagpipes, haggis, porridge, whisky and tartan?

None of them is Scottish* :eek:

* = Taken from the Book of General Ignorance.

You can lead a horse to water, but did you know that you cant make it drink?

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Thanks to Half Man Half Biscuit's 'Seal Clubbing' from Back In The D.H.S.S.

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Thanks to Half Man Half Biscuit's 'Seal Clubbing' from Back In The D.H.S.S.

Thank you Bruce Willis. Moonlighting era.

Archived