Any one from Northern Ireland?

JamboSean

Wondering if any one can help me here.

I'm off to Northern Ireland on Saturday and the floods seemed to have hit Belfast pretty hard. My problem is I'm visiting Newry, so I'll need to get there from Belfast on Saturday morning. I've seen on the news that the motorways are pretty badly hit. Will I have bother trying to get to Newry from Belfast?

to be fair youve got 6 days till then. Id try posting this round about thursday.

Thought about that actually.

I'll bring the thread back up by then if no one answers.

Probably not

99.9% of the Northern and southern Irish take the glory route and support winning teams.

I can count on one hand(and god knows i've met enough of them) the amount of Irish that support a team that is not :

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

biggest bunch of glory hunters on the planet

Doctor FinnBarr
Probably not

99.9% of the Northern and southern Irish take the glory route and support winning teams.

I can count on one hand(and god knows i've met enough of them) the amount of Irish that support a team that is not :

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

Aren't we losing the topic a little?

:)

Doctor FinnBarr
I knew a guy from Belfast who supported Hearts...

There was a large Jambo support there at 1 point, the Ulster Premier HSC, and the contact address was, wait for it, Orangefield Avenue!

Sorry, off topic.

Wondering if any one can help me here.

I'm off to Northern Ireland on Saturday and the floods seemed to have hit Belfast pretty hard. My problem is I'm visiting Newry, so I'll need to get there from Belfast on Saturday morning. I've seen on the news that the motorways are pretty badly hit. Will I have bother trying to get to Newry from Belfast?

I wouldn't worry. They have some of that new fangled "drainage" over there. I'm sure it'll have kicked in by then even although it is rather experimental.

Doctor FinnBarr
I wouldn't worry. They have some of that new fangled "drainage" over there. I'm sure it'll have kicked in by then even although it is rather experimental.

:4_1_72: LOL

Was heading back on the HSS yesterday evening, could have sailed right to my front door, it was bad like, took me over 3 hrs getting home after i got of the boat some detour .

But you should be ok most main roads open now

Probably not

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

Hi.

Probably not

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

How many Scots do you know that support:

Real Madrid

Barcelona

When it comes to Spanish Football?

Doctor FinnBarr

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Not me!

Billy the Jambo
There was a large Jambo support there at 1 point, the Ulster Premier HSC, and the contact address was, wait for it, Orangefield Avenue!

Sorry, off topic.

I knew the guy that stayed there well about 20 or more years ago and i can confirm that it was Orangefield Avenue i have lost touch with since though .

Doctor FinnBarr
I knew the guy that stayed there well about 20 or more years ago and i can confirm that it was Orangefield Avenue i have lost touch with since though .

Yep, it would be at least 20 years ago!

:slither:

portobellojambo1

Good evening, here is an update on the present weather situation for the BBC Northern Ireland area -

Probably not

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

Real Madrid

Barcelona

If you were planning on heading out, most especially if planning on travelling from Belfast to Newry then hopefully you found the above information helpful in planning said journey.

;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Good evening, here is an update on the present weather situation for the BBC Northern Ireland area -

If you were planning on heading out, most especially if planning on travelling from Belfast to Newry then hopefully you found the above information helpful in planning said journey.

;)

:4_1_72:

andy1874hmfc
Probably not

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

No wonder the quality of football in Ireland is *****. When was the last time they got a team into the group stages of the CL?

No wonder the quality of football in Ireland is *****. When was the last time they got a team into the group stages of the CL?

Sellik were in it just last season.

maroonlegions
Probably not

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

was at my wifes sisters wedding last year with my Hearts tartan kilt on and a couple of dudes came up to me and asked in an Irish accent "thats the Hearts tartan isn't it", which i proudly verified, then found out they were with a party of six and all jambos , well the drinks flew in and it was not long before all of us were giving the guests a free audition of the Hearts song, top blokes and a brilliant night it was sir.:107years:

Wideo.

Cheers for all your help guys, very useful.

Stewart MacD

I hope this isn't the start of a "What have the British ever done for us" sub-thread! :)

Archived