How many players... ?

JamboRossi79

JamboRossi79

...have you seen booked for diving at the halfway line ?

Not that it was a dive anyway but just oiut of interest.

SFA w@nk w@nk w@nk

:slither:

john brownlee

How many non Hearts players have been booked in the GFA for diving, maybe thats what you should be asking

JamboRossi79
How many non Hearts players have been booked in the GFA for diving, maybe thats what you should be asking

Another good question John.

I think it just goes to show how *****e Rankgers and Smeltic are that they NEED refs to cheat in order for them to continue the duopoly.

The worst OF teams in donkeys.

I like Miko and think he could be a right good player for us. I also believe him to be a good guy and a popular member of the squad. However, he hasn't learnt his lesson and I'm hoping Csaba is going to help channel his abilities and get the best out of him. With the reputation he rightly or wrongly has (rightly in my opinion) he has to make more effort to stay on his feet and not hit the deck as easily as he may have done a few years back.

So frustrating after his high of last week he hasn't kicked on and instead we have another low for him.

JamboRossi79
I like Miko and think he could be a right good player for us. I also believe him to be a good guy and a popular member of the squad. However, he hasn't learnt his lesson and I'm hoping Csaba is going to help channel his abilities and get the best out of him. With the reputation he rightly or wrongly has (rightly in my opinion) he has to make more effort to stay on his feet and not hit the deck as easily as he may have done a few years back.

So frustrating after his high of last week he hasn't kicked on and instead we have another low for him.

Why didn't you try to answer the question ?

The People's Chimp

Come on, he was only making a point. No need for the thread police act. FWIW I think you have a valid point as well.

Not many, to answer your question, in fact I'm not sure that I've seen any...

Do you have a definitive answer ?

I think Hearts need to get their own house in order first (it ain't happened yet as 2 yellows in 2 games for 'simulation' show) and then we will rightly be able to complain about decisions and the lack of consistency. Thankfully I suspect Csaba will do just that.

siegementality

SFA w@nk w@nk w@nk

Miko is a diver, that is a fact. It is not the same referee that books him it is various. Sometimes he is booked, sometimes not, that is down to referee's being inconsistent. Miko however is a diver.

JamboRossi79
Come on, he was only making a point. No need for the thread police act. FWIW I think you have a valid point as well.

Not many, to answer your question, in fact I'm not sure that I've seen any...

Sorry if it came across the wrong way, wasn't intended.

JamboRossi79
Miko is a diver, that is a fact. It is not the same referee that books him it is various. Sometimes he is booked, sometimes not, that is down to referee's being inconsistent. Miko however is a diver.

As are a lot of football players, some Scottish too. Why no witch hunt on them ?

SoldierPalmer

SFA w@nk w@nk w@nk

as far as I can remember one, and that was today, feckin mafia bassas

btw don't think he dived :mad:

Footballers of all nationalities dive though I do think it's seen as far more acceptable on the continent.

Miko is without doubt a marked man specifically because of the very high profile incident at Hampden so he needs to be far more clever if he is going to make more of a tackle to gain us a free kick or a penalty.

The long and the short of it is Hearts players are hopeless at diving !!

siegementality
As are a lot of football players, some Scottish too. Why no witch hunt on them ?

Name some please.

JamboRossi79
Name some please.

Thomson, Boyd, Broadfoot, Pressley, Burke, Naismith, Lee Miller, David Graham, that enough ?

All of the above have dved in the past

Nakamura, Thomson, Novo, Benji The Dug, Yogi Hughes's good young honest laddies, Lee Miller and theres more. How many have been booked more than once for simulation.

Thomson, Boyd, Broadfoot, Pressley, Burke, Naismith, Lee Miller, David Graham, that enough ?

Non Scots and worst offenders who are never pulled up

Nakamura

McDonald

Thunderstruck

Apparently, somebody was sent off for diving in Wick Academy vs Fraserburgh today. So, there you go, no conspiracy. :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
Apparently, somebody was sent off for diving in Wick Academy vs Fraserburgh today. So, there you go, no conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Ah, but will TV evidence prove it was really a dive :rolleyes:

siegementality

Oh please, if the truth be told every football player has dived at some point in their career, some just do it more often.

As for your list, two of those on it are ex Hearts players, did they dive when at Hearts? or was that a part of their game the learnt at their new clubs?

Thunderstruck
Oh please, if the truth be told every football player has dived at some point in their career, some just do it more often.

As for your list, two of those on it are ex Hearts players, did they dive when at Hearts? or was that a part of their game the learnt at their new clubs?

I think you will find that a few on here used to suggest that Elvis would be a better player if he cut out the "falling over".

Clarkson, Sutton was notorious for it, Nakamura, Vinegar of Castlemilk, I can remember a few more but the names are lost on me

I think the point is it happens a lot more often than people think but it seems that it's easier to book a Lithuanian for it. I'm not saying they are innocent but they do get unjustly picked out

Just remembered one, De Vischer from Aberdeen, shocking dive last season to get a pen, it was mentioned after the game and then nothing happened, Mr Smith's diving rule only counts when it suits him it seems

siegementality
I think you will find that a few on here used to suggest that Elvis would be a better player if he cut out the "falling over".

But did they suggest he was "witch hunted" for it as is being suggeted now?

I always find it funny how our teams players "fall over" while other teams players dive.

JamboRossi79

You said name some players who have dived, I did. Quite simple I think I passed.

Another good question John.

I think it just goes to show how *****e Rankgers and Smeltic are that they NEED refs to cheat in order for them to continue the duopoly.

The worst OF teams in donkeys.

I kinda agree with this.

I certainly think that they were there for the taking. My particular issue is that WE did not do enough. Yes, the referee helped R@ng*rs, they always do, but the chief problem yesterday was us. We did not create anything, I find it hard to think of many chances or shots on goal, all I remember is good positions being wasted by bad wide players.

siegementality
You said name some players who have dived, I did. Quite simple I think I passed.

Well in that case, well done.

Thunderstruck
But did they suggest he was "witch hunted" for it as is being suggeted now?

I always find it funny how our teams players "fall over" while other teams players dive.

Do you go to games? Have you not heard Jambos laying into our players if they think are trying it on with a dive? Another reason why Jambos are a cut above the rest.

Things have moved on since Elvis was in the team but, even then, it was common enough to hear someone give abuse to Elvis for going down "like a girl".

JamboRossi79
I kinda agree with this.

I certainly think that they were there for the taking. My particular issue is that WE did not do enough. Yes, the referee helped R@ng*rs, they always do, but the chief problem yesterday was us. We did not create anything, I find it hard to think of many chances or shots on goal, all I remember is good positions being wasted by bad wide players.

I don't disagree with that at all, a draw would have been a fair result as I don't remember them putting much pressure on McDonald either.

The only saves I can remember were McDonald coming off his line to deny Boyd and Driver hitting a good shot across goal and the rebound falling to Audrey who hit straight at McGregor.

Going back to the original question - i dont think the part of the pitch where the offence occurs should be at all relevant.

A dive is a dive regardless of where about it happens. If it happens, it should be punished.

Miko didnt dive yesterday. He was fouled.

JamboRossi79
Going back to the original question - i dont think the part of the pitch where the offence occurs should be at all relevant.

A dive is a dive regardless of where about it happens. If it happens, it should be punished.

Miko didnt dive yesterday. He was fouled.

If that was the case how many players have you seen booked when it is nowhere near the goal ?

I have only seen players booked for diving in and around the box are they a seen to be seeking a goal scoring advantage.

If that was the case how many players have you seen booked when it is nowhere near the goal ?

I have only seen players booked for diving in and around the box are they a seen to be seeking a goal scoring advantage.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm offering my opinion on it.

Yes, normally most bookings for diving take place in or around the box..... but MY OPINION is that diving is diving, regardless of where it happens.

JamboRossi79

Yes, normally most bookings for diving take place in or around the box..... but MY OPINION is that diving is diving, regardless of where it happens.

Ah fair enough I see where you are coming from.

its no just against the OF. I remember last year against the hobos, Morais dived against Lee Wallace, got waved up by the ref, no more said. 10 mins later, Velicka went over (fwiw, wasnt a dive or a foul, just went over off balance), and got booked.

I always say that im happy for refs to book someone for diving and get it wrong sometimes. The more bookings, the less diving hopefully. We only ask for consistency and parity which we dont seem to get.

True, but rightly or wrongly refs do tend to let those ones slide. I gave Brines the benefit of the doubt last week ( Clarkson was it ?.....just after Shammy's booking in the Well penalyu box ) but then you have Dougal pounce on Miko in very similar circumstances !

By the way, what has happened to Dougal ?.........did some Jambo sh*g his wife or something ??

The man used to be fair but now looks a more fervant GFA convert than the rest of them :sad:

Charlie-Brown

The problem is referee's are making pre-judgements and not refereeing what they actually see.

I have no problem with Stuart Dougal deeming Miko guilty of 'simulation' and booking him for it however if he applies that criteria then he also had to book Broadfoot (blatant!!), Boyd (at the free kick leading up to their 1st goal) and Velicka a couple of times went down very easily in a way that would have got him yellow cards at tynecastle won him free kicks at Ibrox. :(

Should have heard the boy behind me. Couldn't wait for Miko to be sent off. Couldn't wait.

He just kept going on and on and on about Miko clearly diving. Mate have a look again.

Guest JamboRobbo
Should have heard the boy behind me. Couldn't wait for Miko to be sent off. Couldn't wait.

He just kept going on and on and on about Miko clearly diving. Mate have a look again.

Think everyone is getting hung up on the first booking, when it was the second booking which got him sent off. For a rash challenge that he should never have put in whilst on a booking. Glad Csaba can see that at least.

The problem is referee's are making pre-judgements and not refereeing what they actually see.

I have no problem with Stuart Dougal deeming Miko guilty of 'simulation' and booking him for it however if he applies that criteria then he also had to book Broadfoot (blatant!!), Boyd (at the free kick leading up to their 1st goal) and Velicka a couple of times went down very easily in a way that would have got him yellow cards at tynecastle won him free kicks at Ibrox. :(

I agree 100%, All Hearts fans want is the same rules to be applied to everyone including the old firm and until this happens we will keep coming back to these type of threads. We do make it easy for refs though!!

Think everyone is getting hung up on the first booking, when it was the second booking which got him sent off. For a rash challenge that he should never have put in whilst on a booking. Glad Csaba can see that at least.

No doubt. Miko was stupid for lunging in when he had just been booked and he should know he of all people can't get away with it. He probably should be fined for stupidity.

But he still shouldn't have been put in that position...

Guest JamboRobbo

But he still shouldn't have been put in that position...

For the sake of argument, I'll agree with you.

So lets assume Miko has had a harsh booking. That happens to players in football every week. But most of them have the discipline required to stay on the park despite a harsh booking.

That is what we can sort, and I for one am delighted that Csaba has highlighted that (the area we CAN work on -discipline - Michael Stewart put in a similar reckless challenge whilst on a booking alst week but got away with it) rather than just blame the ref.

Even if Miko hadn't been booked for alleged simulation no doubt Dougal would have seen fit to issue a stright red for the challenge on Miller.

He was going to send him off whatever happened.

Thunderstruck

17/12/05, Miko given straight red by McCurry for softer challenge than his second yellow yesterday. Mind you, MCurry was working to instruction by Bazza.

For the sake of argument, I'll agree with you.

So lets assume Miko has had a harsh booking. That happens to players in football every week. But most of them have the discipline required to stay on the park despite a harsh booking.

That is what we can sort, and I for one am delighted that Csaba has highlighted that (the area we CAN work on -discipline - Michael Stewart put in a similar reckless challenge whilst on a booking alst week but got away with it) rather than just blame the ref.

Think there's two issues here though: our discipline and the ref's consistency.

Noone's gona disagree that Miko shouldn't have went into that challenge on Miller, and after being booked (rightly or wrongly), I dont think we can disagree it was a yellow card offence.

BUT. What about McCulloch's two footed, studs up challenge on Shammy which he only received a ticking off for??? What about Mendes' late challenge on Stewart in the first half which we didnt even get a foul for??? Being in London, I watched it on telly, and these two challenges were worse than Miko's and went unpunished. Then about a minute after he was sent off, Miller i think it was committed a late slide tackle and wasn't booked. That's what p!sses me off. NO PARITY!!!!!!!!!!!! NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

JamboRossi79
Even if Miko hadn't been booked for alleged simulation no doubt Dougal would have seen fit to issue a stright red for the challenge on Miller.

He was going to send him off whatever happened.

Too true mate.

The game here really is corrupt to the core.

JamboRossi79
I see the guy responded quickly but are you trying to have an effing laff?

Wasn't quite sure of the point he was trying to make either, it seems neither did he.

Archived