X-Factor

Adi Dassler

I've just sat through an hour of that.

Well i say an hour, i had to keep turning it over to Bill Oddie on UKTV Gardens because bits of it were so cringeworthy.

I feel like i've let myself down by watching it.

I never miss it mate.

My wife cringes & has to look away at times, however, I love watching all the ****wits making a tit of themselves.

And I like Cowells reaction to them.

I make no apologies for my sadness.

Angry Haggis
I've just sat through an hour of that.

Well i say an hour, i had to keep turning it over to Bill Oddie on UKTV Gardens because bits of it were so cringeworthy.

I feel like i've let myself down by watching it.

You need to get out more.;)

The Old Tolbooth
I never miss it mate.

My wife cringes & has to look away at times, however, I love watching all the ****wits making a tit of themselves.

And I like Cowells reaction to them.

I make no apologies for my sadness.

I'm with you mate, I love watching folk make a james hunt of themselves.

Better call Saul

How the feck can they make that Cole bird a judge what the feck does she know about singning abilitys

chester copperpot

I like the auditions, purely for the comical value, and hoping Simon Cowell may get tw@ted off a contestant, but turn off once all the good one's are through.

How the feck can they make that Cole bird a judge what the feck does she know about singning abilitys

My sentiments exactly, if memory serves she got famous through a similar program. Granted she will know about performing, but as someone studying for a BMus right now I can tell you he knows sweet F A about singing ability!

edit: PS, she's a t*t for keeping on forgiving her cheating rat husband. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

The early shows are the best ones. Loads of tone deaf morons auditioning thinking they're going to be the next big "star" and greetin when they don't get through..."I've been singing since I was 3 years old, it's my life, it's all I ever wanted to do".

I think it was the last series when some minging fat lassie turned up with her entire family (you know the types that are regulars on the Jeremy Kyle show). She was terrible and after getting knocked back her relatives were going mental at Simon Cowell.

What these folk don't realise is just because your voice can make the actual sound of singing come out of it, does not make you a singer!

cheryl cole is a woman i would never tire of punching because i hate racists!

if anyone wants to pull me up on that point, can i point to the fact she was done in a court of law for battering a black toilet attendant all the while calling her a "dirty black b**ch" i think it was

anyone who maintains that she isn't racist cos she married ashley cole ought to think about her comments about wanting to be the new posh & becks. he is her beard!

that said, she is VERY pretty, and became famous though the same type of show, so will have a very good understanding of the process.

she may well turn my opinion of her, and may well prove to be a very good judge cos she knows the business

louise................

i've worked as a singer for years, and dabbled in the industry and while you are totally right about her ability (or lack, thereof), there is nothing in the industry that says that you must be talented to make a living as a popstar.

its all about image, and i know this more than most will ever kno

xtra factor on now, and holly willowby.. what a cutie. vast improvement on that katie screetchalot from before. the ignorant one!

i can so see why lads go mad for da willow, she's purty

What they don't make clear on the TV is that by the time the auditionees are in front of Simon et al, they have been through two or three screening rounds.

So the really, really cringeworthy rubbish ones are there for that reason. And they've been led to believe they are better than the thousands of reasonable, competent, uninteresting singers that have been turned away.

So it's not surprising the way some of them react.

It's got aspects of a freak show, really.

What they don't make clear on the TV is that by the time the auditionees are in front of Simon et al, they have been through two or three screening rounds.

So the really, really cringeworthy rubbish ones are there for that reason. And they've been led to believe they are better than the thousands of reasonable, competent, uninteresting singers that have been turned away.

So it's not surprising the way some of them react.

It's got aspects of a freak show, really.

spot on missus!

it is a freak show. thats why anyone who can ACTUALLY hold a tune, ought to be proud of themselves, cos only the crap & the decent get in front of the judges. its all about car crash telly...

lowest common denominator.

i know i was there, and i AM proud i got in front of the judges, cos i wasn't there as a comedy act, even though i would have never applied by choice

Holly Willoughby is indeed purty.

Bev can sing, I've heard her and she's good.

I will never take X-Factor or similar shows seriously after reading Ben Elton's book Chart Throb, he nailed it, he so just totally nailed it there.

Harry Palmer

X-Factor... some kind of sado masochism type thing whix=ch I'm too wasted to figure out. Is it another Sat night TV ratings 'winner'? Hell, there'll be a dancing or singing thing on BBC next.

Thank me for not having a TV!! Where would I be without you JKB??!!

X-Factor... some kind of sado masochism type thing whix=ch I'm too wasted to figure out. Is it another Sat night TV ratings 'winner'? Hell, there'll be a dancing or singing thing on BBC next.

Thank me for not having a TV!! Where would I be without you JKB??!!

Hell you seem to almost post on every thread that you dont own a TV?

chester copperpot
Hell you seem to almost post on every thread that you dont own a TV?

Apparently having no telly is like owning one of those big screen things in the eyes of fashion.

I reckon he's got one in every room, including the bathroom. And he watches X factor on it too. :)

Apparently having no telly is like owning one of those big screen things in the eyes of fashion.

I reckon he's got one in every room, including the bathroom. And he watches X factor on it too. :)

I think you may well be right :)

Harry Palmer

Sorry to dissapoint you guys but I do not have a TV in every room or any room so I am merely going on what I can get through online replay.

I find far more engaging things to do than sit staring at a screen every night.

Also, your point caller(nodialogue)?

Harry Palmer

Sorry guys, I tried to edit but crap....

I look at a screen most nights because I need to do work online as part of my studies and no doubt I 'll have to do the same once I qualify. I save money you decide to decry my lack of TV; who needs it? Unless... bathroom... X Factor..... OH Yeah!

Archived