Kingston

Hearts of Vladland

Worth ?15,000 a week ? Not on your nelly.

Only turns it on when he can be bothered. And that's never against the stronger teams as that would require him to work hard.

If we got a decent offer in for him I'd punt him.

He is not a wide right player

We should play him in the hole behind a front two

kingston needs to realise football is a team game far to often he left thomson exposed.

IMO he should be played in the position ksanivicius has played in the last 2 games. shammy can then sit in the stand beside no.28.

Miller Jambo 60

Only turns it on when he can be bothered. And that's never against the stronger teams as that would require him to work hard.

Lazy pants M A HA

Ray Winstone

He plays wide right for Ghana which is who he plays his best football for.

Miller Jambo 60
He always plays well unless he is losing or underpressure.

Have to say this ,my wee boy is 9 and loves the GOD LAREEE.

Sorry wee man we in Scotland fight for footie,

Lareee has no bottle DOUGIE

Let's face it.

We wouldn't have got him if his work rate, temperament etc matched his ability.

Like Pinilla etc, there has to be something wrong if someone with their ability ends up with us at the mo.

He plays wide right for Ghana which is who he plays his best football for.

I think it's fair to say that he plays with much better players around him then too.

Agreed.

I do think he could operate well on the right, but he needs to apply himself. I think he is a liability and an expensive one at that, I would suggest pimping him about for the next week or two to see if anybody is willing to bite. Do we think that the Hull City manager might still be interested?

As much as the substitution worked last week I was pretty much hoping that we would have taken Mole off yesterday moved Kingston inside with Miko out wide right, alas thats not what was done and anyway we would still have been a man short 10 mins later :mad:

A Boy Named Crow

We did the same to Hartley. He started right midfield, where he was gash. He was only effective once we moved him into the middle. Elvis did his stint at right back before moving to centre half - why do Hearts do this? Play players in their natural positions! It seems so simple!!!

That's where I'd play him.

He might be more interested that bit closer to goal.

I agree he is not a wide player. He's better in the middle.

What is this "hole" that you and other posters refer to? I assume it's some sort of slang term recognised only by those with an advanced understanding of football?

I agree his best position is in the middle.think he is wasted on the right..;)

The People's Chimp

We need to move Kingston into the middle, or in the hole behind a striker/the strikers.

He is wasted on the right, and every team comes and puts 2 or 3 men on him, and he is marked out the game. He would also have much less of that if he was playing in the middle.

portobellojambo1
I agree he is not a wide player. He's better in the middle.

What is this "hole" that you and other posters refer to? I assume it's some sort of slang term recognised only by those with an advanced understanding of football?

I think the hole is a position in which you put players that are neither strikers or midfield players, in fact not much good at anything, we have elected to put Ksanavicius in that position, and he is not much good at anything.

Kingston, I think, would be best suited sitting in front of the back 4, in a more central midfield position, however he would then suffer from the same problems our other midfielders have, no wide men to give the ball to through whom we can then hurt the opposition. It was so obvious again yesterday, we competed well, comfortably with Rangers prior to them scoring, the ball was played either wide right or wide left, then nothing.

I think the hole is a position in which you put players that are neither strikers or midfield players, in fact not much good at anything, we have elected to put Ksanavicius in that position, and he is not much good at anything.

Cheers PJ. ;)

Your explanation makes perfect sense. It always helps one's understanding of new concepts when a real example - such as Ksanavicius - is provided.

We need to move Kingston into the middle, or in the hole behind a striker/the strikers.

He is wasted on the right, and every team comes and puts 2 or 3 men on him, and he is marked out the game. He would also have much less of that if he was playing in the middle.

I agree - it doesn't make sense that our best player is stuck out on the right when his best position is clearly in the middle. We should be building the team around Larry, not Stewart.

I agree - it doesn't make sense that our best player is stuck out on the right when his best position is clearly in the middle. We should be building the team around Larry, not Stewart.

After his last two performaces I wouldn't even be playing him, never mind building the whole team around him! We need players who look interested, and play for the team...that means defending when you lose the ball not just giving up and having the fans sing your name for no reason!

He was trying yesterday but he made some bad decisions, i agree, he needs to be played behind the strikers not wide.

Guest gorgie kev

Kingston, I think, would be best suited sitting in front of the back 4, in a more central midfield position, however he would then suffer from the same problems our other midfielders have, no wide men to give the ball to through whom we can then hurt the opposition. It was so obvious again yesterday, we competed well, comfortably with Rangers prior to them scoring, the ball was played either wide right or wide left, then nothing.

Ksanavicius should be put in a hole and buried.

Anyone defending larry with the "he doesnt like playing out wide line" or "he's trying hard just finds it hard with so many men marking him" are clearly delutional.

He is on stupid stupid money, and giving nothing back to the club.

Christ who on here would like ?10000 to stand on a feild and scratch their arse?

Needs a kick up the arse.

Sounds like most of the others then! C'mon Csabba, get kickin some erses!!

AGREED, disapears when the big boys are in town, get him punted and someone who wants to play for the shirt

He's shown he can cross.

He's shown he can pass.

He's shown, although not on a regular basis, that he can run.

I fail to see how playing him on the right is so futile.

He's shown he can cross.

He's shown he can pass.

He's shown, although not on a regular basis, that he can run.

I fail to see how playing him on the right is so futile.

that statement could apply to miko,chesney or laryea :P

kingston shouldn't be in the team on reputation alone, a seat on the bench may buck his ideas up.

that statement could apply to miko,chesney or laryea :P

kingston shouldn't be in the team on reputation alone, a seat on the bench may buck his ideas up.

Too right. The only problem with that is that while hes on the bench 80% of Tynie would be singing his name and generaly giving him an even bigger head than he already has. Csaba should be having a word with him and untill he starts playing as part of the team he shouldn't be anywhere near a matchday squad, let him sit in the stand oh and he can take Nade to keep him company!

Drylaw Hearts

Kingston was piiish again.

He is not doing enough and is looking completey uninterested imo.

World Class ?

Never in a million years.

I have only seen the very brief highlight on another thread, but on that it looks to me that Kingston made no effort at all to close down the scorer of the first goal.

Anyone confirm?

coppercrutch

The boy has all the talent in the World. However he picks and chooses when to use it. Explains why he has not reached the same heights with clubs that he has with his country.

World Class ? Nah. ;)

Could and probably should be World Class ? Definitely.

Frustrating. I do agree playing him in the middle seems to suit him better. Get Stewart to do the donkeywork and let Larry showboat like he enjoys. We could see more of him that way. Does nothing on the right. That is unless he is playing for Ghana when he is seemingly sensational.

Frustrating.

Archived