Why we'll almost certainly get humped tomorrow...

Martin_T

A few of the boys at work have a betting synidcate which I'm part of, we've been trying to decide which team to put our money on this week, I've been arguing for Rangers and the reasons?

• Hearts record at Snake Mountain is attrocious
  • Whenever a team is going through an indifferent run of form, along come the JT's to give them a much needed boost
  • The huns have been foistering the 'no one likes us, we don't care' mentality all week, following the sale of Cuellar.
  • Historically, when we've gone to either Old Firm ground with any sense of expectation, we get humped.
  • Ultimately we are still quite a bit behind them in terms of player quality
  • It's still difficult to see where our goals are coming from
  • We'll no doubt be subjected to a refereeing performance that Hugh the Hun and Andy Davis' themselves would be proud of in their pomp

Quite simply if we get anything tomorrow, Csaba is a fecking magician.

If Hearts are still Hearts, we'll get beat 2-0 tomorrow.

If we win 2-0, then I don't know what the hell Csaba has done to what we knew as 'Hearts'. And I'm not sure I like it :D

Seriously, though, 2-0 Rangers tomorrow, because of the reasons you stated, Martin.

anything you get at ibrox/cletic park is a bonus in my opinion

what im looking for is us to go and compete with the same amount of effort as last week, not to be over-awed and to go their and have a belief about our play that we can get something from the game

i'm a little worried at how "sure of us winning" some people are, csaba is only been here a month and if we go and dont win tomorrow people who have built him up will be having sly digs about "why did he do that, why didnt he change that, why him etc"

hope am worng though, MON THE JT's

J.T.F.Robertson

We likely will lose tomorrow and it may have nowt to do with dodgy decisions or whatever.

I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from, because to my mind, it's more than a little misplaced. Sure, Csaba gives me a certain hope for the future (if ...... blah blah, you know the rest) but we have a long ways to go before we can be even semi-confident of getting a result through there and that's allowing for their recent "troubles". I just hope we can give them a decent game and that this place doesn't go into meltdown if/when the "unthinkable" happens.

P.S. With regard to my second hope, I also hope to win the lottery this weekend.

Don't know why your all bothering to go to the game if thats your opinion?

We all complain about the player's not having faith & confidence in themselves & team mates, is it any wonder when the fans don't expect much from them?

Skacel'sLeftFoot

Based on the Murderwell game alone, as long as we show the same work rate, passion and commitment tomorrow, I'll be happy regardless of the result. I agree that anything we get from SFAland is a bonus, so Csaba is right when he says that we can't really lose tomorrow - Win, we're heroes, lose and it was expected. It's early days and as long as we get in about them I'll be happy.

I think a point would be a fantastic outcome for us tomorrow. If we get 3 points then I can only assume that the word has come down from the Lodge that "Murray and Smith Must Go".....

Martin. Sometimes I have liked your posts & agreed with them, but this one is sh it.

Plain & simple, big brown jobbies.

Well im my opinion hungers are for the taking. They are playing p*sh poor lately. So Hearts 2 - 0. After all we have done it in the past - maybe not as many times as I would like - but we have done it. Its the same at darkheid. Believe, we are told.

I've lost count of the number of poor or losing runs that other teams have ended by winning against us.

At least the Huns won last week - we've just got the David Murray and Kaunas backlashes to deal with tomorrow.

I'm afraid I just can't be confident going to Ibrox at any time.

I can always hope though:o

Maybe it's time to cast off our shackles of inferiority and have a real go to win the game at Ibrox -- for too many years we have gone there with the attitude of keeping things tight and holding out for a point -- I am fed up with this attitude and would rather we go there and attack for once.

Before people start let me say this -- in all the past years those holding on and defensive tactics have given us almost nothing but heartache -- if we are to go down lets go down attacking and trying to show that the attitude and style of football has changed even if the players in the team have not (so far ;)

Of course it will be tough but it may also let us know just how far we have to go and perhaps give us a reality check if required -- if not then we can approach the rest of the season with some optimism.

PS remember we will be without 4 of our strongest team so a win would be even sweeter.

Buffalo Bill

Let's go there and get ripped right into them.

Buffalo Bill

Doctor FinnBarr
A few of the boys at work have a betting synidcate which I'm part of, we've been trying to decide which team to put our money on this week, I've been arguing for Rangers and the reasons?

• Whenever a team is going through an indifferent run of form, along come the JT's to give them a much needed boost
  • The huns have been foistering the 'no one likes us, we don't care' mentality all week, following the sale of Cuellar.
  • Historically, when we've gone to either Old Firm ground with any sense of expectation, we get humped.
  • We'll no doubt be subjected to a refereeing performance that Hugh the Hun and Andy Davis' themselves would be proud of in their pomp

You're spouting this **** from the weedge, have some belief in the players!

:slither:

The Old Tolbooth

•  

I've been saying that very thing since time began, whenever a team is having a crisis, we seem to act like a charity case and gift them 3 points to get their season started again.

The only thing in our favour is that they won last week and are not in the midst of a losing run. ;)

I think we will blow them out of the water tomorrow.:)If we get done in. A well . Come on the Csaba:)PS If all this is true, I have another aspect to my life. Long time no see:):eek::)

Well im my opinion hungers are for the taking. They are playing p*sh poor lately. So Hearts 2 - 0. After all we have done it in the past - maybe not as many times as I would like - but we have done it. Its the same at darkheid. Believe, we are told.
OK

Got to admit that our win last week was good (but could easily have gone the other way). One result makes it very hard to predict, but Csaba's press confernce at least suggests a different appraoach to Glasgow fixtures, which has to be applauded. No fear might just transfer to the team

Head says lose to a goal by Bawbag Boyd; heart says Hearts win.

12/1 Hearts ht/ft looks good!!!

Got to admit that our win last week was good (but could easily have gone the other way). One result makes it very hard to predict, but Csaba's press confernce at least suggests a different appraoach to Glasgow fixtures, which has to be applauded. No fear might just transfer to the team

No fear:)

Hearts 12/1 :eek:

In the last 25 years on the 16 th of august.

We have played 5 games

Won 4

drawn 1

Lost 0

Scored 12

against 1

Its an omen.

Lob the cash on :P

This day in history

Cardiac Rucksack

Sadly I have a major feeling that the huns will win quite easily tomorrow, its the same every time we go to galsgow to play a team supposedly in crisis. as long as we play decently then I will be happy, beating St Midden then hamilton is far far more important.

Martin. Sometimes I have liked your posts & agreed with them, but this one is sh it.

Plain & simple, big brown jobbies.

Fair enough Craigieboy and I'd love nothing more than your evaluation of my post to be correct! I guess the proof of the pudding will come at 16.45 today.

marshallschunkychicken

I just hope this place doesn't go into meltdown if the fairly likely defeat today does occur.

duckandcover

;)

Hearts 12/1 :eek:

In the last 25 years on the 16 th of august.

We have played 5 games

Won 4

drawn 1

Lost 0

Scored 12

against 1

Its an omen.

Lob the cash on :P

This day in history

Like you style of thinking mate ;)

I think there will be a lot of pressure on Rangers to get a result and I think this pressure will have been applied to the ref.

Generally when we have been playing well and not getting either results or recognition from the press then I feel we can cause a real upset. On numerous occasions this has proved to be the case. When we are flying high and they are struggling I feel very apprehensive and thinking back we frequently blow it at times like that. Today I think we can give a good account of ourselves but I do not feel at all confident. That is not to say I will not be over the moon if it happens.

Patrick Bateman

I think Martin makes a fair point. If we lose this one, we shouldn't go into melt-down because der Bigots Oranje have a tendency to grind out undeserved results and the signing of Pedro Mendes will be a huge boost. That said, I'm sure Hearts *can* pull something out of the bag if we play out of our skin.

Our record has perked up over recent years, even if you look at some performances in defeat. Dare i say it, but Hearts v Rangers games have become closer affairs, the exception being our 4-0 humping at Tynie last season.

When your record has been largely dismal at Ibrox for a long time it`s understandable to not expect much but there`s always a chance in football.

The way you have to look at it is, we HAVE won there in recent years and it can happen again.

Csaba obviously has no fears but will the players share his desire and belief? He`ll find that out today.

The Comedian

Surely the team can smell blood here? We should be going to smash Rangers, we won't have a better chance of a win there, Rangers are honking right now, Falkirk dominated them. If we play the game at the right tempo we'll win.

2-0 Hearts, tenner on it too...

Surely the team can smell blood here? We should be going to smash Rangers, we won't have a better chance of a win there, Rangers are honking right now, Falkirk dominated them. If we play the game at the right tempo we'll win.

2-0 Hearts, tenner on it too...

Correct. It`s important the players are well tuned in in every aspect.

It`ll severely pee me off if we let that little runt Thomson dance about the middle of the park and make him look good. Get on top of them defensively and in possession be sharp and alert.

One thing is for sure.They will be nervous early on so that is the time to get it into them.An early Hearts goal and they'll be flapping.

Let there be plenty noise from the corner from the off!We can win this.

See you there.C'mon Hearts.

One thing is for sure.They will be nervous early on so that is the time to get it into them.An early Hearts goal and they'll be flapping.

But like Csaba keeps pressing home, it`s important to play for the full ninety.

Seen it all too often that Hearts put in a good hour then lose sloppy late goals by switching off.

It`s one thing that really gets to us all and it`s one thing Csaba will come down on if the players don`t stay mentally strong.

I always feel alot of football games have a lull in the last 20-25 mins for a short time and it`s the team who comes out of it and wakes up that goes on to win. I think we saw that a little last week but for a change Hearts reacted to Motherwell`s equaliser.

hear hear mate! Fek's sake, what a load o' negativity. Rangers will NOT turn things round in a week.... Mendes or no Mendes. The fans still hate Kenny Miller, they're still seething at being out of Europe, and without Feguson, whether ANY Greyskull fan will admit it or not, the Huns just aren't the threat they are when he plays.

I think the Csaba will mesmerise the blue noses by dancing on the sidelines and when they're watching him Audrey will stick one away! I have other theories ,but I'm not sharing them right now............;)

Heart 3 - 1.

Agree completely,mate.What an early goal would do,however,would be to rile an already peed off support and that discontent could spread from the stands to the pitch.That's the plan anyway....:)!

this_is_my_story

Can't believe the amount of negative posts on this thread!

I consider myself a realist, and if you asked me what result I thought was the most likely of the three today, I'd probably say a home win just shades it.

But... Rangers are not world beaters, and we do have the players to hurt them.

Good chance of us getting something today, I reckon. As far as your betting syndicate goes Martin, Rangers are awful value at around 4/11 - bet of the weekend in my opinion is Falkirk to beat Hibs, 10/3 at Scotbet/Morrisons.

What about 1-1 at Celtic Park, Burley's last game in charge?

I do agree with two or three of these, especially where our goals will come from.

The fact is, there are not many better times to play Rangers at Ibrox and hopefully Csaba's enthusiasm in yesterday's press conference will translate onto the pitch.

'mon the Hearts!!

Whether you`ve lost the last twenty or won them, all that matters is the next ninety minutes and anything can happen.

Out of the blue Hearts produced a 2-0 win at Darkheid a few years back(Lee Miller, Burchill goals) and since then we`ve went on to win another couple there.

Malcolm Tucker

Frankly if Hearts go there, give 110% and lose, I will have seen progress from last season, and will still be happy.

Lets be serious, we very very very rarely win there. If the lads give their all and show heart, passion, and just the desire to win and play for the shirt, I will be happy.

Frankly if Hearts go there, give 110% and lose, I will have seen progress from last season, and will still be happy.

Lets be serious, we very very very rarely win there. If the lads give their all and show heart, passion, and just the desire to win and play for the shirt, I will be happy.

Thats the flip side. You can play well and lose but if the desire is there and we show we are in the mix then it`ll be progress.

But again, we`re sick of that too!!! I want to see Hearts take that next step and turn lose unlucky games into our favour for a change.

Well it would seem I was sadly right about the last bullet point at least...

I think there will be a lot of pressure on Rangers to get a result and I think this pressure will have been applied to the ref.

I stand by my comments.

Said the same last week.

As poor as Rangers are, not many teams will go there and win. We should not expect to either.

As long as there is signs of improvement, at the moment I am happy. We need to apply the same theory to the other teams outwith the uglies and we should do ok this year.

Archived