Csaba wants to create an under 23 team?

tazhearts

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but Csaba has been recently quoted as saying that as part of a shake up in the coaching set-up at Hearts, he wants to establish an under 23 team and an under 19 team.

I am not sure I quite understand why and how he wants to do this.

We already have an under 19 team who play in an under 19 league and a reserve team who play in the reserve league. There is no such thing as an under 23 league in Scotland. Most reserve teams are pretty much under 23 anyway but with the odd older player coming back from injury etc.

Can anyone shed any light on Csaba's plans?

Maybe from his desire to focus on developing youth he wants to turn the reserve team into a under-23, maybe restricting the amount of players over 23 that can play.

Do you know if they have any under-23 leagues instead of reserve leagues in any other countries?

Or possibly what he has said has been lost in translation. During press conferences he sometimes misunderstands the questions. He doesn't half waffle at points.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but Csaba has been recently quoted as saying that as part of a shake up in the coaching set-up at Hearts, he wants to establish an under 23 team and an under 19 team.

We already have an under 19 team who play in an under 19 league and a reserve team who play in the reserve league. There is no such thing as an under 23 league in Scotland. Most reserve teams are pretty much under 23 anyway but with the odd older player coming back from injury etc.

I think its a brilliant idea.

Gives confidence / encouragement to those over u19 - something other teams dont have

puts pressure on those over23 to work

gets groups of players working together

great idea.

Maybe from his desire to focus on developing youth he wants to turn the reserve team into a under-23, maybe restricting the amount of players over 23 that can play.

Do you know if they have any under-23 leagues instead of reserve leagues in any other countries?

Or possibly what he has said has been lost in translation. During press conferences he sometimes misunderstands the questions. He doesn't half waffle at points.

totally different subjet but..

i stopped egg chasing when I went from colts (u18) to senior because of the jump in age and size, I lost confidence, after playing district I should have kept training but stopped... I can only see this working for young players.

Hopefully we'll produce more youngsters

Drylaw Hearts
I think its a brilliant idea.

Gives confidence / encouragement to those over u19 - something other teams dont have

puts pressure on those over23 to work

gets groups of players working together

great idea.

Agreed.

Jam Tarts 1874

If you have watched the reserves over the past couple of seasons you will have seen a rather strange mix of experienced professionals recovering from injury or being out of favour along with a number of "promotees" from the under 19's. It seem like Csaba is thinking of having more structure in the line of promotion within the reserve league rather than it just being a place for wage thiefs and injury prone old timers to hang around in.

jamboinglasgow

think this is a great idea by Csaba as it means we have a constant line of developing youth who are prepared for the next stage and also are given steady goals to build i.e. preform well in the U19s and you will go into the U23s. Perform well and develop well in the U23s you will go on the bench for a match squad. Preform well in sub apprences and you will get a game in the starting line up.

well done csaba, cant wait for the next new development behind the scenes.

Who are the under 23s going to play against?

Other team's reserves?

Where are our older players who need reserve match fitness going to play?

I think Laszlo talks an awful lot.

Other team's reserves?

I don't think Csaba wants a U23 league; he wants his reserve team to be used for players U23. He does not appear to have clarified what is happening to the older players needing a game but I suspect there will be scope for the odd one to play while maybe he will fix up closed doors games for others. I get the impression it is a wake up call for the older ones that unless they get their backsides into gear, or move on during a window, they may spend long periods on the sidelines.

I don't think Csaba wants a U23 league; he wants his reserve team to be used for players U23. He does not appear to have clarified what is happening to the older players needing a game but I suspect there will be scope for the odd one to play while maybe he will fix up closed doors games for others. I get the impression it is a wake up call for the older ones that unless they get their backsides into gear, or move on during a window, they may spend long periods on the sidelines.

Take that point - the attitude of the likes of Besijla has obviously been absolutely disgraceful.

But what about say Robbie Neilson - never any complaints about his fitness or attitude. Currently injured and will need reserve team games to get up to match fitness.

Take that point - the attitude of the likes of Besijla has obviously been absolutely disgraceful.

But what about say Robbie Neilson - never any complaints about his fitness or attitude. Currently injured and will need reserve team games to get up to match fitness.

I honestly don't know the answer but as I said I think there will be scope for the odd one in a case just like Neilson's. My impression is there will be no place for the likes of Beslija, Chesney etc who come into the first team occasionally and do a wee bit here and there when it suits them. They'd be better moving on in the window or face a long spell on the touchline - but that is just my guess.

jamboinglasgow

Other team's reserves?

think he will probably do it like the U23 olympic team rules, i.e. the olympic squads are for players age 23 or under, but they are allowed to have three overage players. So could imagine that same rule being done for ours. As I think there would be no need for more than 3 players older than 23.

In other words, exactly what we have now.?

Did he coach in Germany at some point? They call their reserves the under 23 or Amateur side. Could just be a simple misinterpretation.

Honestly, I know things are getting better but some folk seem to get a tad over exited everytime Csaba says something, even when it's a load of old waffle.

Currently injured and will need reserve team games to get up to match fitness.

Depends on the weather but our managers also like closed doors games at Tynecastle to check on fitness/ formations etc. They are more flexible than reserve matches and there are always SPL/Div 1 teams looking to give similar players in their ranks a run out.

Enables them also to assess trialists since after 31st there will be a heck of a lot of journeymen looking for clubs..

marshallschunkychicken

I'd love it to be a way of him getting Angel out from under his feet without having to entirely get shot of the paymaster's lapdog.

That we him and Werner can concentrate on the first team.

Should put them in the east seniors or junior league.

Archived