btinternet: connection problems?

Commander Harris

Commander Harris

was just wondering if anyone else who uses btinternet was experiencing any problems?

I've checked the service status etc and they're not reporting any problems.

was just wondering if anyone else who uses btinternet was experiencing any problems?

I've checked the service status etc and they're not reporting any problems.

No...working perfectly here. What's happening (or not) ?

Commander Harris
No...working perfectly here. What's happening (or not) ?

just seem to be having niggly problems at the moment. very slow and the connection occassionly dropping completely.

Things seem to be ok just now though.

Not a big fan of BT from a customer service point of view and I'll be changing provider shortly but I've never had any technical problems with it before. :confused:

just seem to be having niggly problems at the moment. very slow and the connection occassionly dropping completely.

Not a big fan of BT from a customer service point of view and I'll be changing provider shortly but I've never had any technical problems with it before. :confused:

Hope it's sorted itself then. :)

Never had any issues with them....so luckily not had any dealings with customer service!

Cheers

Yep, I've been having the same problem for the last few weeks.

Thought it might be my old desktop PC about to pack in but my brand new laptop is suffering the same problems.

Not sure what to do as normally BT just fob me off with the usual p1sh, clear your cache, reinstall your software, etc.

Commander Harris
Yep, I've been having the same problem for the last few weeks.

Thought it might be my old desktop PC about to pack in but my brand new laptop is suffering the same problems.

Not sure what to do as normally BT just fob me off with the usual p1sh, clear your cache, reinstall your software, etc.

I've not had long standing problems, it's just been today. other than that it's actually been a really good connection.

Commander Harris
Try switching your router off then on again...

That being the first rule of IT (a reboot solves 99% of all known problems. FACT!) I'd already tried that and it didn't make any difference.

Definitely nowt at my end which is why I was wondering if any bt users were having issues. LIke I say, it seems to have sorted itself so I'm inclined to think it was a temporary issue with BT.

Commander Harris
goto command prompt

type

ipconfig/renew

thanks flux, but I do actually know what I'm doing!

like I say, the problem was at their end and it has been resolved.

Griclesfield

Bt internet is shocking, we have the BT homehub service and since APRIL we have had an intermitting service with loss of connection about 5 times per day .... BT say that this is the router resetting to get the best speed etc ..... which is a load of crap.

we have the white homehub system and few weeks ago got the leaflet about their new black " more reliable connection " homehub yet even tho we have told them the issue were having they refuse to send out this new hub for us to try.

they are SH**

Archived